5819 replies to this topic

#5421 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:21 AM

Btw I know things happen but schools need people going around checking the doors regularly. Maybe this kid gets in anyway but through an unlocked door is frustrating

#5422 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:21 AM

I have chose not to read or listen to much on the events. 7 officers responded within 4 min and were inside but the shooter had already barricaded himself in a room. If thats wrong or if Im missing something let me know. Its easy to say rush into the room and take him out but thats likely a death sentence for any not tactical unit. I know thats what LE is supposed to do but most people are going to pause when told to partake in a suicide mission

That appears to be wrong.  12 minutes after the car crash, 10 minutes after the 911 call about an armed person outside the school, before shooter even entered the building.

https://www.reddit.c...ing_themselves/

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ponse-1.6466499

https://www.reddit.c...ce_officers_to/

#5423 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:25 AM

I'm open to changing my thoughts if it comes out that the information that is being presented is wrong.  But what is out there currently sounds egregiously bad in terms of police response.

#5424 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:50 AM

I'm open to changing my thoughts if it comes out that the information that is being presented is wrong.  But what is out there currently sounds egregiously bad in terms of police response.

why not press the pause button and wait to see what the true story is?

#5425 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 11:57 AM

why not press the pause button and wait to see what the true story is?

Because there are no negative repercussions of following along and opining on the information that is presently available as long as I'm willing to adjust and adapt as information becomes more accurate over time.

• Old Man likes this

#5426 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 12:03 PM

Because there are no negative repercussions of following along and opining on the information that is presently available as long as I'm willing to adjust and adapt as information becomes more accurate over time.

Also it seems like every time I see new information the whole response seems to get even worse.

#5427 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 12:42 PM

https://www.npr.org/...police-mistakes

#5428 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:01 PM

Yup. I want to make a very insensitive comment about CRT and "being groomed" that drives home a point that I feel needs to be made but I won't. Not now at least.

Well some people are literally blaming CRT and wokeness for mass shootings. I would say unbelievable, but sadly it is very believable.
  • CantonJester likes this

#5429 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:22 PM

Maybe this event will wake people up to the fact that police aren't perfect, they make mistakes, and that we shouldn't always support them or believe them in every incident.

This is an epic fail on a massive level.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5430 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:24 PM

Btw I know things happen but schools need people going around checking the doors regularly. Maybe this kid gets in anyway but through an unlocked door is frustrating

I loathe Ted Cruz but he's not completely wrong about better securing schools. It's just one part of the solution but he thinks its the only part. We should funnel outsiders through a single entrance that requires a person to be screened for entry. If we can do this at every courthouse we can do it for schools. It seems like a massive expenditure so people can waltz into any gun store and walk out with an AR but our children are worth it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5431 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:39 PM

I loathe Ted Cruz but he's not completely wrong about better securing schools. It's just one part of the solution but he thinks its the only part. We should funnel outsiders through a single entrance that requires a person to be screened for entry. If we can do this at every courthouse we can do it for schools. It seems like a massive expenditure so people can waltz into any gun store and walk out with an AR but our children are worth it.

I think he and others have been saying there should only be 1 door period. That's stupid. I believe schools generally do funnel outsiders into one entrance as it is. The school's I've taught in and have visited do at least. But there needs to be more doors for obvious reasons.

#5432 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:43 PM

Whatever it takes to make these kids safe and feel safe so they can learn without the added anxiety and stress of someone coming in and shooting up the place.

#5433 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 02:16 PM

Whatever it takes to make these kids safe and feel safe so they can learn without the added anxiety and stress of someone coming in and shooting up the place.

Whatever it takes other than any attempt at regulating who has access to the large capacity rifles that make these types of shootings so deadly.

(this isn't directed at you, I'm just irritated...)

#5434 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 02:31 PM

Although I certainly don't place the blame solely at their doorstep, I think social media has also contributed to this sort of malicious behavior. At the outset, platforms such as Facebook stated that their services would encourage people to share their honest views both online and in person. None of this has happened. If anything, these platforms have made users aware of opposing views out there that they'd rather not confront.

#5435 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 03:27 PM

I have chose not to read or listen to much on the events. 7 officers responded within 4 min and were inside but the shooter had already barricaded himself in a room. If thats wrong or if Im missing something let me know. Its easy to say rush into the room and take him out but thats likely a death sentence for any non tactical unit. I know thats what LE is supposed to do but most people are going to pause when told to partake in such a mission

I'm not a police officer, nor do I know anything about police tactics. However, I can understand the outcry and criticism of the Uvalde police force for two reasons. One, children and staff were being killed and in danger and the police apparently were not moving. That's frustrating to say the least. Further, one mother showed up, went past the police and brought her two children out of the school.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5436 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 03:29 PM

I'm not a police officer, nor do I know anything about police tactics. However, I can understand the outcry and criticism of the Uvalde police force for two reasons. One, children and staff were being killed and in danger and the police apparently were not moving. That's frustrating to say the least. Further, one mother showed up, went past the police and brought her two children out.

Third...some police did go in, retrieved their own children, then came out. This was confirmed by a police spokesman.

Fourth...once inside, the police had the children identify their location, directly leading to the shooter finding and killing them. This was a statement from one of the kids inside the room.

#5437 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 03:36 PM

Third...some police did go in, retrieved their own children, then came out. This was confirmed by a police spokesman.

Fourth...once inside, the police had the children identify their location, directly leading to the shooter finding and killing them. This was a statement from one of the kids inside the room.

Didn't know about three and four.

Horrible is an understatement.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5438 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 04:12 PM

The DoJ needs to investigate all of it. We've seen enough out of the Uvalde PD that their discretion is not to be trusted. 

#5439 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 04:28 PM

CSPAN is airing an NRA conference from Texas right now.

Read the room FFS. No shame.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5440 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 May 2022 - 04:34 PM

Remember when I talked about how we need to stop giving cops the benefit of the doubt? 

Hmmmmm???

• mweb08 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=