• Please log in to reply
5819 replies to this topic

#5361 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 03:17 PM

All kinds of Terps stuff here but no baseball?

There is a college baseball thread.
Or you could start a thread yourself.

#5362 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 08 May 2022 - 07:23 PM

There is a college baseball thread.
Or you could start a thread yourself.

Pwned!!!!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5363 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:09 PM

Back in February got ripped off at a local gas station (come to find out this gas station has had a lot of problems with that) for 2 extra purchases for about 150 dollars.  Just heard back from the bank and upon further review they denied my fraud request!

#5364 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,609 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 09 May 2022 - 04:14 PM

Back in February got ripped off at a local gas station (come to find out this gas station has had a lot of problems with that) for 2 extra purchases for about 150 dollars. Just heard back from the bank and upon further review they denied my fraud request!

Yikes. What bank. Did you use a debit or credit card?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#5365 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 May 2022 - 04:25 PM

Yikes. What bank. Did you use a debit or credit card?

BoA.  Pretty sure Credit, card was cancelled afterward,  looking at the notice today and the charges are back on for my credit card bill.  I have a friend who got ripped off from that same station 2 days later.

#5366 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 05:15 PM

Thoughts and prayers...

• mweb08 and McNulty like this

#5367 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:40 PM

Thoughts and prayers...

"Unimaginable" my ass. 

#5368 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,356 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 07:20 PM

3-3 in my softball  game where my old, fat ass makes a great diving catch that keeps us in front and I have to walk into the house to the most depressing news possible. 

#5369 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 May 2022 - 09:49 PM

Thoughts and prayers...

Yeah, shocking that isn't the solution.

Anyway, I know this isn't much of an NBA community on here, but damn, check out what Steve Kerr had to say.

#5370 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:08 AM

I couldn't even watch any news channels after I saw video of the gunman prowling the grounds of the school.

We need to shore up the security at the schools as soon as possible. Have at least one armed police officer at each school at all times. Hopefully, the officer fulfills the death wish of the shooter before he kills students and members of the school staff.

Meanwhile, whenever any sensible gun control measures are put into place, let's tie funding for mental health and toughen the laws for being in possession for of an illegal firearm. Too many people die every day from senseless violence and we have become numb to it as a society. It's understandable that we react strongly when the truly innocent are victims. But we have to figure this out. It's well past time.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#5371 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:06 AM

I couldn't even watch any news channels after I saw video of the gunman prowling the grounds of the school.

We need to shore up the security at the schools as soon as possible. Have at least one armed police officer at each school at all times. Hopefully, the officer fulfills the death wish of the shooter before he kills students and members of the school staff.

Meanwhile, whenever any sensible gun control measures are put into place, let's tie funding for mental health and toughen the laws for being in possession for of an illegal firearm. Too many people die every day from senseless violence and we have become numb to it as a society. It's understandable that we react strongly when the truly innocent are victims. But we have to figure this out. It's well past time.

The Senate has had HR-8 (sensible background checks) sitting on their desk for over two years. They won't even put it to a vote. 

And considering all the body armor that kid was wearing would've likely meant you'd have a dead, armed police officer at the school's front door. 

#5372 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:19 AM

The Senate has had HR-8 (sensible background checks) sitting on their desk for over two years. They won't even put it to a vote. 

And considering all the body armor that kid was wearing would've likely meant you'd have a dead, armed police officer at the school's front door. 

Yep, read this morning the initial responders couldn't do anything because of the body armor and they had to wait for their SWAT people to get there before they could stop him.

@JeremyMStrain

#5373 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:56 AM

To be clear, 50 Republican Senators are who won't put it to a vote. 

#5374 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:01 AM

Yep, read this morning the initial responders couldn't do anything because of the body armor and they had to wait for their SWAT people to get there before they could stop him.

...Which meant he was free to mow down the children, reducing many of them to unrecognizable pulp that need to be identified through their DNA.  

Horrible, but unimaginable? Nope.

#5375 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:09 AM

I think they refuted that; he was only wearing plates. 

#5376 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:43 AM

Its absolutely insane that we have so many mass shootings in today's society. We are supposed to be a civilized society. Nothing civilized in burying innocent dead children and adults.

We can finger point to HR-8 as the reason, and there are cracks in this bill.

https://www.heritage...ound-check-bill

A person these days can even make a real working gun out of plastic and a 3d printer.

#5377 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:35 PM

It should have already been voted on.
No argument here.

Put SWAT members in tactical gear in the schools. Sign an Executive order. If we can spend 10's of billions to protect the sovereignty of Ukraine, we should spend billions to protect children and staff in schools.

#5378 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:53 PM

I was listening a bit to Governor Abbott's Press Conference. The gunman appareny got into an accident near the school after killing his grandmother and he took refuge in the school. SMFH.

#5379 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:56 PM

Its absolutely insane that we have so many mass shootings in today's society. We are supposed to be a civilized society. Nothing civilized in burying innocent dead children and adults.

We can finger point to HR-8 as the reason, and there are cracks in this bill.
https://www.heritage...ound-check-bill

A person these days can even make a real working gun out of plastic and a 3d printer.

That article may as well have been written by the gun lobby. It probably was.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#5380 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 01:03 PM

What is in HR-8? Just the background check stuff. Or 800 more pages of where to senselessly spend money that has zero to do with gun laws? Like most of the bills proposed in our broken system.
@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=