HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,526 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:37 PM

??

H20i, actually. https://www.google.c...jnNCcKS&ampcf=1

It's basically Fast & Furious for few days, on steroids. Tons of police activity, from all neighboring districts and MD staties. Still nowhere near enough. And the people are just giant pricks. Many, many restaurants straight up close because their business isn't even worth the hassle. That tells all you need to know. We got stuck in it, completely unaware of it last year. And that was during a pandemic. Can't imagine how much worse it'll be this year.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#4942 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 03:17 PM

Senior week is nothing compared to this H20 craziness every year now.

H2O clown are really causing issues, we are in complete agreement.

#4943 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 03:52 PM

Seems like there’s always a big brawl or two a year on the boardwalk this time of year. Just never expected the big story to be about police roughing up some kids who are vaping. OC police usually seem to have a good handle on what to let slide and what to pursue.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4944 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:19 PM

Seems like there’s always a big brawl or two a year on the boardwalk this time of year. Just never expected the big story to be about police roughing up some kids who are vaping. OC police usually seem to have a good handle on what to let slide and what to pursue.

That was entirely dumb and entirely preventable. But at a certain point I blame the people who trained the cops or the people who called the cops. It's public vaping. Underage or not, on the list of things to watchdog, that has to be just below making out in public. 

But the concept to me is that you're making a whole thing for kids to get drunk/high on the beach. Everyone knows what this is; it isn't a secret. If you're not prepared, then don't make it desirable for them to come. But if you like money so much that you don't care, then don't complain when drunk kids do drunken things. Yall wanted this.

Senior Week is fun af. 

#4945 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 June 2021 - 04:23 PM

It's basically Fast & Furious for few days, on steroids. Tons of police activity, from all neighboring districts and MD staties. Still nowhere near enough. And the people are just giant pricks. Many, many restaurants straight up close because their business isn't even worth the hassle. That tells all you need to know. We got stuck in it, completely unaware of it last year. And that was during a pandemic. Can't imagine how much worse it'll be this year.

I have -never- heard of H2Oi. Huh. Wow.

#4946 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:19 PM

I have -never- heard of H2Oi. Huh. Wow.

You gotta follow The Dispatch on FB. Closest thing they have to a local paper, but they'll show the highlights (lowlights) of what's going on down there. The H20 thing has been going on for years...absolute bedlam.

@JeremyMStrain

#4947 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 04:45 AM

I've seen the videos.

It's amazing that no one has been killed.

(Especially those standing in the streets taking videos with their phones.)
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#4948 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 04:53 AM

That was entirely dumb and entirely preventable. But at a certain point I blame the people who trained the cops or the people who called the cops. It's public vaping. Underage or not, on the list of things to watchdog, that has to be just below making out in public.

But the concept to me is that you're making a whole thing for kids to get drunk/high on the beach. Everyone knows what this is; it isn't a secret. If you're not prepared, then don't make it desirable for them to come. But if you like money so much that you don't care, then don't complain when drunk kids do drunken things. Yall wanted this.

Senior Week is fun af.

You're correct that OC has contributed to making Senior Week some rite of passage for kids. It's difficult to feel sorry for enablers. Like you stated, the money's good, so deal with it. I have never been a big fan. I didn't forbid my son from going, however, I reminded him that he made a commitment to the summer team ( baseball) that he should honor and he passed on Senior Week.

#4949 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 07:08 AM

I've seen the videos.

It's amazing that no one has been killed.

(Especially those standing in the streets taking videos with their phones.)

I thought they had, when a clown spinning wheels and lost control crashing into the crowd watching.

#4950 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:36 PM

It turns out the guy hit with the taser was named Taizier.  What are the odds?

#4951 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

It turns out the guy hit with the taser was named Taizier.  What are the odds?

LOL, you cant make this stuff up, crazy wow.

#4952 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:20 AM

Wow, is this what our society is turning into these days?

https://toofab.com/2...ors-wild-brawl/

#4953 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 09:15 AM

I wonder if she got that tri-flavored slushie in lockup?

#4954 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:54 AM

Dang, I haven't been to McDonalds in a very long time. I must be missing out on these slushies...

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#4955 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:13 AM

It's been this way, man!

The service industry deals with situations like this every day, and still get paid scraps. It's awful.

• Old Man likes this

#4956 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 11:40 AM

It's been this way, man!

The service industry deals with situations like this every day, and still get paid scraps. It's awful.

I worked food industry decades ok, we had customers get mad and throw temper fits, but nothing on this type of scale.

Did you see the one, the lady was mad and got out of her call and crawl through the drive-through window to attack the employee?

• The Epic likes this

#4957 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:05 PM

I worked food industry decades ok, we had customers get mad and throw temper fits, but nothing on this type of scale.

Did you see the one, the lady was mad and got out of her call and crawl through the drive-through window to attack the employee?

I have! I worked a few summers/winters as a server and definitely got my fair share of these people daily. 

I ASSUME you're not on tiktok or anything like that (you could be!), but there's several situations where people do pranks or just stupidly inconvenience the servicemembers because they think it's funny. Spill stuff on them, take forever at the drive thru, make messes for them to clean.

You can tell a lot about a person...or company...or country...by how they treat the low-wage, rank-and-file. It's a whole mess, and I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want to go back to work. Who wants to be subjected to this crud for pennies?

• Old Man likes this

#4958 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:32 PM

If you think fast food is a tough industry for dealing with customers, try officiating youth sports!  Youth sport parents have got to be the worst behaved collectively unrelated group of person in the nation.  I'd rather hang out with drunk teenagers.

• TwentyThirtyFive, BSLRoseKatz and Old Man like this

#4959 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:35 PM

If you think fast food is a tough industry for dealing with customers, try officiating youth sports!  Youth sport parents have got to be the worst behaved collectively unrelated group of person in the nation.  I'd rather hang out with drunk teenagers.

I remember talking to Scottie about this once, since he's umpired quite a bit. 

Yeesh. I could NEVER do that.

#4960 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 June 2021 - 12:52 PM

Yup, I put 4 kids and several grandkids through rec sports and the parents are so bad.

Several of my grandkids are now playing in a church league and while its not perfect, its 1000x better, I can point to 2 issues with parents the entire season, and you cant even get a quarter in or an inning played without 2 parental issues in rec leagues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=