33 replies to this topic

#21 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:43 PM

It'll be years if ever until Williams gets another shot at managing a team.

#22 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

Seriously though, so obvious Williams doesnt have it. Buck would have that team 6 or 7 games up. Believe that. 

#23 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

Seriously though, so obvious Williams doesnt have it. Buck would have that team 6 or 7 games up. Believe that. 

They wouldn't be lifeless, that's for sure. 

@beginthebegin71

#24 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

The Natinals are now 4 games out. Wow.
  • Russ likes this

#25 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

One word:

Schwarber

That is all. 

• You Play to Win the Game and Russ like this
@beginthebegin71

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

Cubbies are legit. I underrated them due to their youth. Other than Pittsburgh, they'd be the team I'd root for to win it all. Likable bunch. And Maddon is simply amazing. Ironically, that will likely be the WC game... so I'll be rooting for the winner to take it all.

#27 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Cubbies are legit. I underrated them due to their youth. Other than Pittsburgh, they'd be the team I'd root for to win it all. Likable bunch. And Maddon is simply amazing. Ironically, that will likely be the WC game... so I'll be rooting for the winner to take it all.

I think they thought they were a year away coming into the season. They had hoped the kids would be ready, but no one expected Arrieta to become a #1 type, Bryant to hit like this, and Schwarber to become a machine this soon. it's all coming together, and it's awesome to watch! This is with Baez, Russell, and Soler still basically non factors, mind you. 

Wait until they add Price next season. 

• Russ likes this
@beginthebegin71

#28 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,555 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

Good to see more NL teams becoming major FA players.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#29 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

I think they thought they were a year away coming into the season. They had hoped the kids would be ready, but no one expected Arrieta to become a #1 type, Bryant to hit like this, and Schwarber to become a machine this soon. it's all coming together, and it's awesome to watch! This is with Baez, Russell, and Soler still basically non factors, mind you. 

Wait until they add Price next season. 

Theo is for real.

#30 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

Theo is for real.

I said this in the "cubs" thread, but the way Theo and Jed handled this rebuild with the fans is one of the more underrated things during this run. They were honest from the beginning, even so much as to say they "weren't ready" to sign players like Ellsbury when he showed interest in going there. They made smart trades (as we unfortunately know), and drafted brilliantly. 

And it's all coming to fruition. 

Fast. 

@beginthebegin71

#31 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

The build of the Cubs and Astros (and to a lesser extent, the Mets and Royals) are not getting nearly the press that they should.

It's seriously incredible that these teams are as successful as they are, so quickly.

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

The build of the Cubs and Astros (and to a lesser extent, the Mets and Royals) are not getting nearly the press that they should.

It's seriously incredible that these teams are as successful as they are, so quickly.

Not sure the Royals or Mets ascensions happened all that quickly.  Guess it depends when you consider the "rebuilds" having started, though.

• The Epic likes this

#33 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

Not sure the Royals or Mets ascensions happened all that quickly.  Guess it depends when you consider the "rebuilds" having started, though.

Agreed on KC, but I still think it's noteworthy that they're -there-, and have managed to stay -there- this year. I think with the Royals last year it was more of a "We have all these studs. They should be producing by now. Why aren't we winning?!?" type of thing...then, suddenly, it worked.

The Mets? Meh. I thought Harvey's season would be mostly a lost year, and that they didn't have the arms to tread water in this division, let alone lead it rather comfortably. Well...

#34 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:32 PM

September 3rd "Beaner World Series Prediction"

Texas vs. Ny Mets

Subject to change. 

• Russ likes this