285 replies to this topic

#1 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:37 PM

News and notes here. Started a Webb thread and then realized there's plenty of other action to be covered...

Looks like Perriman went down with a knee injury. They say it isn't serious, but I'll be interested to watch his durability. He's a big kid and I don't remember any connections to missing time in college. But not good to see him miss any time at all really.

#2 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

Perriman was said to be impressive before he went down.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#3 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

He's got me excited. 

Taliaferro is still getting rave reviews on his slimming down, his smoothness and his understanding of the blocking scheme. 

Though that could be more about the questions being asked by reporters than coaches talking him up. 

• Greg Pappas likes this

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

Read on twitter he started the first practice terribly, with a dropped pass on the first play and a false start on the second. Then on the third reminded everyone on why he was a 1st rounder with an insane leaping grab.
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

Read on twitter he started the first practice terribly, with a dropped pass on the first play and a false start on the second. Then on the third reminded everyone on why he was a 1st rounder with an insane leaping grab.

Im sure it was just a concentration drop. Those are ok.
  • Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

Im sure it was just a concentration drop. Those are ok.

Haha

I think it's a indication on how his year is going to go. Just like Torrey, very inconsistent.

#7 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Haha

I think it's a indication on how his year is going to go. Just like Torrey, very inconsistent.

Thats to be expected as a rookie though. I dont have high expectations in year one. Just hope he limits the drops.
  • Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Thats to be expected as a rookie though. I dont have high expectations in year one. Just hope he limits the drops.

I fear those are something that will be around his whole career. As long as he can limit them somewhat like Steve Smith has in his career, he'll be fine. I'll trade out a few drops if you're consistently getting me big plays down field every week.
  • Greg Pappas and Mike in STL like this

#9 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

http://www.baltimore...#navtype=outfit

Some good tidbits in here:

Butler sounds like he struggled. I wonder if the pressure will get to him, he seemed to be an early favorite.

Smith, Campanaro, Jackson, Nelson and Robinson got the first stab at punt returns. 

Steve Means forced a fumble, the Ravens are setting us up to think he's a guy to watch.

And Buck Allen and Juice caught a lot check downs and ran wheel routes and were targeted.

#10 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

RSR was talking about how well the Dline played.

#11 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

http://russellstreet...defensive-line/

That's the RSR link.

It's interesting, RSR says Carter field punts. The Sun went out of their way to say he didn't...and that he was lined up on the punt blocking side of things. 

but notable in his absence from the group was undrafted rookie wide receiver DeAndre Carter, who was working with the blocking unit during special teams drills.

that's a quote from the Sun article. 

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

Webb passed conditioning test today.

#13 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

I can't find the tweet as I'm not really twitter savvy, but I did read something from Fabian Washington yesterday that apparently if you run too hard on the first half of the conditioning test you basically gas yourself out for the second half. 

Not that anyone should be aspiring to Fabian Washington's standards...

#14 esporter

esporter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Training camp report from the MMQB - http://mmqb.si.com/m...-camp-tour-blog

Mostly stuff we've heard. Perriman hot and cold, Steve Smith is a beast, cornerback is a question mark. Still worth reading.

• JordanKough likes this

wordsbyevanporter.com

@esporter

#15 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

I hate this time of year, because someone will say something very subjective about how player X is 'looking', or if they are struggling to pick up the playbook, etc, and people then extrapolate WAY too much from that.  

Like right now, people are worried about Perriman's hands.  If he has one bad practice, forget about getting anyone to have a different impression of him.  For years.

• BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this

@fuzydunlop

#16 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

I hate this time of year, because someone will say something very subjective about how player X is 'looking', or if they are struggling to pick up the playbook, etc, and people then extrapolate WAY too much from that.  

Like right now, people are worried about Perriman's hands.  If he has one bad practice, forget about getting anyone to have a different impression of him.  For years.

Yes, I much prefer the calm, well-reasoned perspective you get in discussions of Deadline Deals   ;-)

• JordanKough likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:48 AM

Baltimore Ravens.com: News And Notes 7/31: Maxx Williams Has Strong Practice

http://www.baltimore...f6-2ecbeb143ff0

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

PressBox: Ravens Camp Roster: Facts And Figures

#19 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:40 AM

To piggyback on McNulty's post, training camp and even the pre-season can be quite annoying because of the over analysis of every little thing. Quite frankly, what these guys do at quasi half speed against their own teammates is largely irrelevant. Film study, meetings, picking up the playbook, etc are the keys for the younger guys. For the veterans, get into football shape and stay healthy.

When it comes to pre-season games, young guys can get used to "game speed" and see what it's like to be "under the lights" so to speak. And for the veterans, it's all about getting through the pre-season healthy.

I honestly could care less about player X doing well in goal line drills or whatever. Honestly, I hold my breath until opening day, just hoping that no one key gets hurt.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#20 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

To piggyback on McNulty's post, training camp and even the pre-season can be quite annoying because of the over analysis of every little thing. Quite frankly, what these guys do at quasi half speed against their own teammates is largely irrelevant. Film study, meetings, picking up the playbook, etc are the keys for the younger guys. For the veterans, get into football shape and stay healthy.

When it comes to pre-season games, young guys can get used to "game speed" and see what it's like to be "under the lights" so to speak. And for the veterans, it's all about getting through the pre-season healthy.

I honestly could care less about player X doing well in goal line drills or whatever. Honestly, I hold my breath until opening day, just hoping that no one key gets hurt.

Same reasons why i can't stand spring training.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=