28 replies to this topic

#21 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:12 AM

I need to finish whittling the boat first.

Simply train them to crawl into the cooler... you don't even need the dang boat...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#22 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Simply train them to crawl into the cooler... you don't even need the dang boat...

By Flute?

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#23 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

Was at a bachelor party this weekend up in the Poconos.  We had 40 lb of live crawfish overnighted from Louisiana and I used my propane burner and steam pot to put on a pretty great crawfish boil with potatoes, corn, and smoked sausage (couldn't find any andouille).

Only hiccup is it took WAY longer to boil the water (like 6 gallons) than I thought it would.  Over an hour.  It was cold outside and we filled it with the hose.  But once it got going, was 10 min for the potatoes, 5 min for the corn and sausage, 5 min for the crawfish and then let them soak in the water off the heat for 5 more.  Turned out delicious, though the boil spice I used (Louisiana brand) was really spicy and really salty.  Would try a different one next time.

And, someone had a brilliant idea of using the leftover potatoes and crawfish tails to make a kickass hash for breakfast the next morning.  All cooked in bacon fat, of course.  Was ridiculously good.

• McNulty likes this

#24 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

I wish I could do anything that Mackus does.

@fuzydunlop

#25 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

We also had a whole pig roast the next night.  We just ordered that from a butcher/caterer, I didn't roast it myself.  I now really want to try, though!  Alas, I don't think I could fit a very respectably sized hog on my 22" Weber :)

#26 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

We also had a whole pig roast the next night. We just ordered that from a butcher/caterer, I didn't roast it myself. I now really want to try, though! Alas, I don't think I could fit a very respectably sized hog on my 22" Weber :)

There's probably 12 or so jokes to be made here.
  • Mackus likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#27 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

I'm surprised you didn't cook it using Native American techniques, cooking it in the earth.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#28 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:16 PM

I'm surprised you didn't cook it using Native American techniques, cooking it in the earth.

In the mid-70's, I did that once... I didn't kill the pig, a guy named Gabriel did that... but we cooked the pig in the ground for a long bunch of hours...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#29 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

In the mid-70's, I did that once... I didn't kill the pig, a guy named Gabriel did that... but we cooked the pig in the ground for a long bunch of hours...

Did you measure how hot you were able to get the meat?

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=