#3 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hopefully we can use this for all non draft stuff.

So Aldridge is apparently interested in San Antonio the most if he leaves the Blazers, but the Lakers may be his #2.

The Lakers and Celtics should be in the mix for Love.

Monta is apparently a possibility in Atlanta and Miami.

Speaking of Miami, I guess there's a chance Wade will leave, but I'll believe it when I see it. Dragic is also a free agent.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens with Cousins. Andrew Sharp suggested that the Wiz try to reunite Boogie and Wall by dealing Beal and Gortat in a 3 team deal involving the Nuggets. What do you think Wiz fans?

Oh and you know who else is going to be a free agent? LeBron!!!! :D

#4 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

Lamarcus, Love or cousins?

I think that's the order I'm ranking them,

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:10 PM

Lamarcus, Love or cousins?

I think that's the order I'm ranking them,

If you're considering cost to get that makes sense imo. Ignoring that, easily Cousins #1.

#6 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

If you're considering cost to get that makes sense imo. Ignoring that, easily Cousins #1.

Cousins is the best player...but the cost to obtain him and his off court issues knock him down for me.

#7 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

He's easily the best player and the youngest.

If all were free agents, Cousins would rightfully be the most sought after.

But despite his favorable contract, it does suck to have to deal a lot of value to get him.

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

Roy Hibbert opts in and the Pacers will apparently try to move him.

#9 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

I think it would be foolish for Love to leave Cleveland. That team is only going to get better and the East remains a weaker conference.

#10 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

I think it would be foolish for Love to leave Cleveland. That team is only going to get better and the East remains a weaker conference.

If he leaves we will truly know that he and LBJ simply didn't get along.  He's clearly the third fiddle there which he may perceive as a waste of his talent.  Agree that staying in CLE gives him the best chance to win, but who knows if that is his primary motivation.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#11 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

If he leaves we will truly know that he and LBJ simply didn't get along.  He's clearly the third fiddle there which he may perceive as a waste of his talent.  Agree that staying in CLE gives him the best chance to win, but who knows if that is his primary motivation.
True. I didn't account for ego or inability to work with others which is naive on my part.

#12 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:09 AM

True. I didn't account for ego or inability to work with others which is naive on my part.

You would like to think that a guy who wasted a large chunk of his early years in Minnesota would appreciate winning but like you said these guys are all competitive and I'm sure he feels, deep down, that his talents are being somewhat wasted in Cleveland*

*This is the best argument I can make to myself for him going to LA.....

@bopper33

#13 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

Well I think the biggest thing for Love is going to be setting himself up for a max deal for the new TV money coming after next season, as Weber alluded to the other day. If he cares more about that than winning a ring, I could see it.

Am I wrong in just assuming that GS is a borderline lock to win again next year? I mean I know injuries and shit can happen, but assuming health, they have to be the resounding favorites early on, no?

#14 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,553 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

Well I think the biggest thing for Love is going to be setting himself up for a max deal for the new TV money coming after next season, as Weber alluded to the other day. If he cares more about that than winning a ring, I could see it.

Am I wrong in just assuming that GS is a borderline lock to win again next year? I mean I know injuries and shit can happen, but assuming health, they have to be the resounding favorites early on, no?

Gotta see where everyone ends up.  If Love goes back to Cleveland and they add a piece or two (JR Smith is leaving which is addition by subtraction) I would but the Cavs as the slight favorites over GS.

@bopper33

#15 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

They should have a great chance. Continuity will really help going into year 2 under Kerr's system. Definitely have to wait to see all the moves before determining if they're a resounding favorite. Gotta see what Cleveland does as Pedro mentioned and plenty of other teams are in the mix. The Spurs might get Aldridge and I think the Clips have raised their upside with Lance.

#16 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

They should have a great chance. Continuity will really help going into year 2 under Kerr's system. Definitely have to wait to see all the moves before determining if they're a resounding favorite. Gotta see what Cleveland does as Pedro mentioned and plenty of other teams are in the mix. The Spurs might get Aldridge and I think the Clips have raised their upside with Lance.

Couple things with shooting teams is the jitters.  You saw that in games 1-3 and agree if Cleveland had all of its bullets we would have seen a game 7 or a Cav's victory.  I will state though that Thompson had a horrible series which I doubt will repeat and Curry was not great in the first three games.  If they get there again I doubt you see a repeat and would see a more formidable foe in GS.  I think the playoffs in the west are going to be fun every year from here on out for the foreseeable future though.

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

CBS Sports: After ho-hum draft, NBA free agency will be a frenzy

http://www.cbssports...ill-be-a-frenzy

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,156 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

Grantland: Continuity Errors: Why the Blazers and Pacers May Have to Start Over

http://grantland.com...-to-start-over/

#19 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

Lebron opts out. Will be a free agent. Cleveland sucks. He'll go to the Clippers. Had his fun in Miami. Takes his talents to the other fun, celebrity laden city in America. Clips have a supporting cast he needs too.
@BSLMikeRandall

#20 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

Lebron opts out. Will be a free agent. Cleveland sucks. He'll go to the Clippers. Had his fun in Miami. Takes his talents to the other fun, celebrity laden city in America. Clips have a supporting cast he needs too.

No chance. 

This was an expected move, and he'll return to Cleveland. 

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=