#341 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:25 PM

Another episode on tonight and I think it’s every Monday going forward.

@fuzydunlop

#342 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

Solid start to the season.

#343 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

Haven’t heard it mentioned. I think the Gene intros are not in any particular order. In fact, this recent one, I think, includes the first time we meet Gene from season 1. I have a theory when it’s not too early to talk about it.
@BSLMikeRandall

#344 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:58 PM

Haven’t heard it mentioned. I think the Gene intros are not in any particular order. In fact, this recent one, I think, includes the first time we meet Gene from season 1. I have a theory when it’s not too early to talk about it.

Except that this season's clearly comes after last season's.
@DJ_McCann

#345 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

Except that this season's clearly comes after last season's.

Yeah. I went back and watched them again to refresh. S3, S4, S5 are definitely in order. I honestly think it goes 2,3,4,5,1. In 2 he is locked in the loading dock. Then 3 starts with him opening the store, appearing very tired (locked in the loading dock till late the night before). He faints. 4 the EMS takes him to the hospital, he takes the cab but gets out when he's uncomfortable. 5 he is walking back to his car. He's paranoid about something, checking out his windows. 

But 1 seems like it could take place the night of 5. "I'll handle it myself" is him going to 1, pouring himself a stiff drink, checking the windows again, and psyching himself up for something by watching how confident he once was as Saul on that tape. Trying to tap into that confidence for...something.

I wan't more Gene!

Trying to guess the timeline for this. I think it's in the BB Universe while Walt is still holed up in New Hampshire, or on his way across the country. Was winter time then. Was also cold, but not snowy, nor Xmas time in New Mexico. Paid close attention to details and I think this is supposed to be January. Its snowy, a month with 31 days (according to the Cinnabon staff schedule in S1), probably in football season (janitors radio was some kind of talk about football in S2). Can't be December because the mall isn't decorated for Xmas. 

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#346 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:07 PM

So glad this show is back. Just so reliably good.

#347 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

Monday's episode took place in 2004, which I think is still 4 years before the beginning of Breaking Bad.

#348 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,249 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:40 PM

It's significantly better than Breaking Bad imo.

#349 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:48 PM

It's significantly better than Breaking Bad imo.

Whoa.

I can see the argument for it being better but significantly? That’s a big word there.

I do think BB can be a little overrated.

Not that it isn’t great but I don’t think it’s the best or second best show ever:

#350 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,249 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:29 PM

Kim's own self-destructive streak is interesting. And how she balances that internally.

#351 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:30 PM

Kim's own self-destructive streak is interesting. And how she balances that internally.

She doesn’t want that job anymore.

She likes the pro bono cases. She genuinely cares and wants to help people.

#352 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,249 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:44 PM

She doesn’t want that job anymore.

She likes the pro bono cases. She genuinely cares and wants to help people.

Well, sure... but it's not just that job. 

She goes back and forth between skirting what's ethical... between wanting to know (or be involved) with Jimmy's stuff. 

#353 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

Well, sure... but it's not just that job. 

She goes back and forth between skirting what's ethical... between wanting to know (or be involved) with Jimmy's stuff. 

Yea she has done that for the last few seasons.

They were scamming the people in that bar a few seasons ago.

I think she likes that, I agree.

#354 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,883 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:30 PM

Just caught up on this season. Continued excellence. My favorite show currently still airing.

The actress playing Kim needs to win some awards. She's so damn good. Lots of other good acting and roles, but she's incredible.

If I ever get stupid rich I'm gonna hire Vince Gilligan and his directors and DPs to create a montage of me doing something mundane.
  • BobPhelan, tennOsfan and russsnyder like this

#355 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:59 PM

Just caught up on this season. Continued excellence. My favorite show currently still airing.

The actress playing Kim needs to win some awards. She's so damn good. Lots of other good acting and roles, but she's incredible.

If I ever get stupid rich I'm gonna hire Vince Gilligan and his directors and DPs to create a montage of me doing something mundane.

She is incredible.

She's incredibly hot too. 

This past episode was one of the best ever.

Let me know if you become stupidly rich so I can watch the best reality show ever!

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#356 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:18 PM

I’ve always hoped that Jimmy and Kim make it in the end. She’s from Nebraska, evident by the plate on her moms car in the flashback. We know that’s where Jimmy/Saul/Gene ends up. She had a Royals t-shirt in one episode and Gene has the Royals lunchbox in a flash forward.

But Jimmy pulled out oranges to make OJ right when Kim left. Anyone who knows Breaking Bad or The Godfather knows orange means death is near. Maybe it isn’t for Kim. Maybe meant the death of “Jimmy” after his tirade on Howard later that day basically seals his fate as “Saul”. Mike showed up next, but it would be awfully early to mark Mike’s fate with symbolism. Kim is the one it’s assumed isn’t part of the universe we are creeping into.

Or maybe he just wanted some OJ.
  • russsnyder likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#357 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,281 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 07:01 AM

What an episode last night.

#358 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:59 AM

I’ve always hoped that Jimmy and Kim make it in the end. She’s from Nebraska, evident by the plate on her moms car in the flashback. We know that’s where Jimmy/Saul/Gene ends up. She had a Royals t-shirt in one episode and Gene has the Royals lunchbox in a flash forward.

But Jimmy pulled out oranges to make OJ right when Kim left. Anyone who knows Breaking Bad or The Godfather knows orange means death is near. Maybe it isn’t for Kim. Maybe meant the death of “Jimmy” after his tirade on Howard later that day basically seals his fate as “Saul”. Mike showed up next, but it would be awfully early to mark Mike’s fate with symbolism. Kim is the one it’s assumed isn’t part of the universe we are creeping into.

Or maybe he just wanted some OJ.

Kim obviously took a huge risk by revealing herself as Saul's  ( Jimmys') wife to Lalo.

If nothing else, her actions prove how much she truly loves him.

• Mike in STL likes this
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#359 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,249 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:52 PM

I liked how they had, "My Name Is", play through the desert trek. Symbolic of no more Jimmy.

Saw critics comparing to The Sopranos Pine Barrens.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#360 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:00 PM

I liked how they had, "My Name Is", play through the desert trek. Symbolic of no more Jimmy.

Saw critics comparing to The Sopranos Pine Barrens.

Interesting comp.  Definitely makes some sense.

Brilliant episode.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=