#281 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yea..Battier has had a really good and underrated career. Not as good as used to be but him and Chalmers are looking to join that mall group of players that have won an NCAA title and NBA title.

As such a huge Terps fan, I've always had a ton of respect for Battier. Just something about him I liked. Very hard worker, very intelligent, and charismatic.

#282 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,384 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

From a 5 point game, back out to 19 (82-63). Good night... get ready for the coronation.

Lots of respect for how the Heat elevated their play this series. James has played a great series... impacting the games in lots of different ways, and not forcing jumpers.

I hope OKC does not overreact to this series loss, and do things to drastically change their roster. They can easily be back next year.

#283 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

OKC trying to get it back on one play.

#284 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Somewhere, Chris Webber is crying and tearing up every picture of Juwan Howard he has.
@JeremyMStrain

#285 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

From a 5 point game, back out to 19 (82-63). Good night... get ready for the coronation.

Lots of respect for how the Heat elevated their play this series. James has played a great series... impacting the games in lots of different ways, and not forcing jumpers.

I hope OKC does not overreact to this series loss, and do things to drastically change their roster. They can easily be back next year.

Harden can opt out..and he will.

Can they keep him? Going to be tough.

James has opened up everything for everyone and the role players are making their shots.

#286 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hard to believe this was a 5 point game this quarter.

This is impressive.

@AdamWolff

#287 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

No doubt. And let's be honest, the role player performance was fluky this series, but sometimes this happens. The Heat weren't going to lose this series, they just weren't.

Very disappointed in how the Thunder have responded to this 3rd quarter adversity though. The Heat kept the pressure up by continuing to hit shots, but the Thunder did a lot of dumb stuff to. Pulling up for stupid 3's without good looks or without any ball movement/set plays. They just completely fell apart.

#288 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Durante dribbles ino 3 defenders for second time this quarter.

Agin, trying to do too much at one time.

#289 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Somewhere, Chris Webber is crying and tearing up every picture of Juwan Howard he has.

I don't know. He might tomorrow. For some reason, I'm thinking he's got a bowl ready, and some chips and queso near by when the munchies hit later. Yes, I went there.
  • Adam Wolff likes this

#290 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

I don't know. He might tomorrow. For some reason, I'm thinking he's got a bowl ready, and some chips and queso near by when the munchies hit later. Yes, I went there.

He's probably got a case of the giggles right now.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@AdamWolff

#291 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Someone call Cleveland and check on Dan Gilbert, ASAP!!!!

Congrats to LeBron..

Much love to Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook..your time will come, fellas.
@beginthebegin71

#292 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

The Thunder, as crazy talented as they are, still have their 4 best players aged 23, 23, 23, and 22. That's so young. You're seeing a little bit of that, I think. They're doing a lot of stupid things right now. They'll be back, for sure.

Miami is just imposing their will right now. They look so dominant.

@AdamWolff

#293 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,546 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Someone call Cleveland and check on Dan Gilbert, ASAP!!!!

Congrats to LeBron..

Much love to Kevin Durant and Russ Westbrook..your time will come, fellas.

Well said. LeBron earned it, so you gotta tip your hat to him.

I wonder if those close to Gilbert brought in professional medical help this evening just in case this happened? He's probably hooked up to a heart monitor just to be on the safe side.

He's probably got a case of the giggles right now.

Sounds about right. :lol:

#294 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Just a bowl? ;) Heard Chong was in the hospital last week, I'm sure Chris is picking up the slack.
@JeremyMStrain

#295 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Quite obvious tonight would be a coronation. Miami just took OKC's hearts with the last 3 tight wins in a row. Combine that with Miami smelling the blood and the easy win was pretty predictable. It's why I only turned the game on for the first time 5 min ago, saw the score, and turned it right back off. People have placed a premature crown on LeBron's head his whole career. I'm assuming the next one will be fools trying to proclaim him the GOAT or at least # 2 behind Jordan already.

#296 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

BTW was thinking about this earlier. I like the Thunder and was rooting for them in the SA series but I have no doubt that the veteran Spurs team would have pushed Miami harder in this series than OKC did.

#297 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Can't stand LeBron myself. That said, Gilbert is such a freaking idiot, I can't help but laugh at the egg that's going to be all over his face. :lol:
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#298 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Gilbert made an emotional response. As an owner he shouldn't have done it but it was a heat of the moment thing. Everyone with a brain knew that LeBron was highly likely to get a ring before the Cavs won a championship, including Gilbert himself.

#299 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Awesomeness!!

And the sportsmanship was TREMENDOUS!!

Class all around!!
@beginthebegin71

#300 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Awesomeness!!

And the sportsmanship was TREMENDOUS!!

Class all around!!

It looked like LeBron was hugging every member of the Thunder, except I saw him look at Durant and then ignore him.

In any case, congrats to every member of the Heat minus Shane Battier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=