HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 10:53 PM

Ugh, Bray Wyatt dead at 36

Also just found out his dad was

Irwin R Schyster (IRS)

Ugh. Way too young. I wonder if it was suicide. He was dealing with some issues after being released, and his friend Brodie Lee’s unexpected passing.

His whole family is in the business. He was 3rd generation, his uncles, his brother.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5882 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 August 2023 - 11:08 AM

Ugh, Bray Wyatt dead at 36

Also just found out his dad was

Irwin R Schyster (IRS)

That is sad.  Bray has dealt with health issues (back) for awhile.  One report I saw said heart attack due to covid issues.  

36 years old is way to young.

@mikeghg

#5883 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 August 2023 - 02:45 PM

WWE did a good job with their tributes for Wyatt and Terry Funk last night.  In addition, they are donating all the proceeds for the Wyatt merch sold this week to his family.

@mikeghg

#5884 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,880 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 27 August 2023 - 07:02 PM

F4VX7eTXIAEWx0G_1692926889729_1692934433

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#5885 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 26 November 2023 - 05:41 PM

CM Punk....never thought I'd see him back in WWE.

Pretty good show last night. Although, the old school fan in me would love to see (1) the roof back on the War Games cage, (2) no weapons because the cage is enough of a weapon and (3) I'd like to see WWE let the guys get color again. AEW uses blood entirely too much and it's gotten boring but in big blow-off match, inside a steel cage, is a perfect opportunity to utilize blood.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5886 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 November 2023 - 10:00 PM

Pretty good show last night. Although, the old school fan in me would love to see (1) the roof back on the War Games cage, (2) no weapons because the cage is enough of a weapon and (3) I'd like to see WWE let the guys get color again. AEW uses blood entirely too much and it's gotten boring but in big blow-off match, inside a steel cage, is a perfect opportunity to utilize blood.

CM Punk is toxic x10. Ego maniac.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say, once. After dumping on WWE for years. But he doesn’t get my attention like he seems to get from many. He’s a fine wrestler, not must see material though.
@BSLMikeRandall

#5887 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2023 - 11:11 AM

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say, once. After dumping on WWE for years. But he doesn’t get my attention like he seems to get from many. He’s a fine wrestler, not must see material though.

I am anxious to hear what he says.  I think he is self centered, not sure toxic.  I think AEW is an organization where the inmates run the asylum and if that is the case then a me guy like Punk is not going to work and play well with others.  All that said, the WWE played it perfect on Saturday.  Good show that went viral when they hit the music and PUnk came out in Chicago.  The roof lifted off the place.  I imagine the ratings will be big tonight.  

@mikeghg

#5888 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 November 2023 - 11:21 AM

The WWE rarely drops guys for life.  If they can draw ratings and make money they kiss and make up and bring the talent back.  Guys like Hogan, Lesnar,  HBK, Austin etc. left under strained terms and all were welcomed back.  

I agree with the weapons.  I do not think they add much to any match and certainly are not needed in a war games match.

Blood, I could do without it.  I have listened to many platforms with wrestlers and met some of the old guys in person and they are all marked up.  I think most would prefer not to get marked up.  If you are talking blood capsules then that is a different story, but that is still not something I need to see.  I also don't think WWE pays much attention to things AEW is doing.  

@mikeghg

#5889 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2023 - 05:46 PM

Must anyone that excels in any field, particularly show business and athletics, is going to have an ego.

My perspective on Punk is a bit a different because I stopped watching wrestling in 2002 and didn't start again until right before covid. So I didn't see any of the WWE drama from 2010-2014. From what I've seen and read, Punk is interesting and loves pro wrestling. Plus, anyone that idolizes Bret Hart is ok on my book.

I thought Punk's return to AEW was cool and his program with MJF was amazing.

Regarding his consternation with the Elite, particularly the Bucks, Punk was right. The Bucks are petulant children, in love with the smell of their own farts. Judging by the ratings, the Bucks have had go home heat for quite a while.

I don't know how much Punk has left in the tank as far as in-ring work but he's still great on the mic and I'm certainly curious as to what he'll have to say tonight.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#5890 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 November 2023 - 05:49 PM

The WWE rarely drops guys for life. If they can draw ratings and make money they kiss and make up and bring the talent back. Guys like Hogan, Lesnar, HBK, Austin etc. left under strained terms and all were welcomed back.
I agree with the weapons. I do not think they add much to any match and certainly are not needed in a war games match.
Blood, I could do without it. I have listened to many platforms with wrestlers and met some of the old guys in person and they are all marked up. I think most would prefer not to get marked up. If you are talking blood capsules then that is a different story, but that is still not something I need to see. I also don't think WWE pays much attention to things AEW is doing.

I don't need blood all the time by any stretch. I'm not into death matches and that nonsense. However, I think blood can really add to a story. Think about the Tully and Magnum TA "I quit" match from Starcade '85 or the first War Games or when Cornette got juice on TBS TV when he got attacked by Paul E and the "Original" Midnight Express.

For me, pro wrestling is supposed to be people that are mad at each other having a fight. But I respect your perspective.
@primetime667083

#5891 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 11:53 AM

Must anyone that excels in any field, particularly show business and athletics, is going to have an ego.

My perspective on Punk is a bit a different because I stopped watching wrestling in 2002 and didn't start again until right before covid. So I didn't see any of the WWE drama from 2010-2014. From what I've seen and read, Punk is interesting and loves pro wrestling. Plus, anyone that idolizes Bret Hart is ok on my book.

I thought Punk's return to AEW was cool and his program with MJF was amazing.

Regarding his consternation with the Elite, particularly the Bucks, Punk was right. The Bucks are petulant children, in love with the smell of their own farts. Judging by the ratings, the Bucks have had go home heat for quite a while.

I don't know how much Punk has left in the tank as far as in-ring work but he's still great on the mic and I'm certainly curious as to what he'll have to say tonight.

Not going to lie. Neither promotion is doing anything that has my attention right now. Cena, don't care. Edge in AEW, don't care. Card for Full Gear looked as the kids say (as MJF says) "mid".  I did watch War Games, and it was good. I did watch Raw late last night and FF through the mid card matches. But I haven't watched AEW in a few months. There was supposed to be a big reveal at Full Gear, thought maybe Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone, thought maybe Goldberg. It was "Will Osprey is All-Elite!" Dude has been wrestling on AEW TV, though contracted by New Japan, for like 2 years. That's not a reveal. Crap like that is just annoying. 

Moxley is my guy, and I think they just let BCC fight whoever they want to fight with no real storyline. "I want to work with this guy." Cool, it's a match. "I want to work with the guy. Cool, it's a match. Random match after random match each week. 

Anyway, Rollins hit the nail on the head with his promo regarding CM Punk. I don't trust WWE to pull it off since their promos are scripted and AEW he and MJF had the freedom to cut deep with their promos. He thinks everyone loves him. Chicago loves him. Chicago chanted his name for years. People in other cities are going to see through this money grab in time. 

Its about to be WM Season, so my eye will drift back to WWE a bit. If Punk wins the RR it will be a giant eye roll from me. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#5892 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 11:54 AM

I don't need blood all the time by any stretch. I'm not into death matches and that nonsense. However, I think blood can really add to a story. Think about the Tully and Magnum TA "I quit" match from Starcade '85 or the first War Games or when Cornette got juice on TBS TV when he got attacked by Paul E and the "Original" Midnight Express.

For me, pro wrestling is supposed to be people that are mad at each other having a fight. But I respect your perspective.

I think "mist" is the new "blood" in WWE. A safe, PG way to give someone color. Except that Drew head butt last night. That was legit!

• PrimeTime likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5893 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 November 2023 - 11:56 AM

Punk did a pretty good job in his promo last night.  He referenced the "hell froze over line".  He said he was home, and without saying his name, credited a Wise Man (Heyman), in telling him, "you have to leave and comeback to get what you want."

He said most warmly welcomed him back.

A feud with Rollins seems to be coming.   There seems to be legitimate bad blood between the two. (Maybe)  Rollins in his spot referred to Punk as a hypocrite without saying his name.

@mikeghg

#5894 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 November 2023 - 11:59 AM

I think "mist" is the new "blood" in WWE. A safe, PG way to give someone color. Except that Drew head butt last night. That was legit!

I think Drew hit Rollins microphone and drew blood.  

I thought the promo spots were very good last night.  The programs have been much better since HHH took over.

Supposedly Punk coming back was all HHH and Punk with no Vince involvement.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#5895 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 November 2023 - 02:57 PM

Punk did a pretty good job in his promo last night. He referenced the "hell froze over line". He said he was home, and without saying his name, credited a Wise Man (Heyman), in telling him, "you have to leave and comeback to get what you want."
He said most warmly welcomed him back.

A feud with Rollins seems to be coming. There seems to be legitimate bad blood between the two. (Maybe) Rollins in his spot referred to Punk as a hypocrite without saying his name.

The difference between Rollins and the Hardly Boys; Rollins can put aside bad feelings and do business. The Buckaroos got their feelings hurt and ran to the dirt sheets.

Some of the best angles in wrestling had some legit bad feelings.
@primetime667083

#5896 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 November 2023 - 03:02 PM

Not going to lie. Neither promotion is doing anything that has my attention right now. Cena, don't care. Edge in AEW, don't care. Card for Full Gear looked as the kids say (as MJF says) "mid". I did watch War Games, and it was good. I did watch Raw late last night and FF through the mid card matches. But I haven't watched AEW in a few months. There was supposed to be a big reveal at Full Gear, thought maybe Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone, thought maybe Goldberg. It was "Will Osprey is All-Elite!" Dude has been wrestling on AEW TV, though contracted by New Japan, for like 2 years. That's not a reveal. Crap like that is just annoying.

Moxley is my guy, and I think they just let BCC fight whoever they want to fight with no real storyline. "I want to work with this guy." Cool, it's a match. "I want to work with the guy. Cool, it's a match. Random match after random match each week.

Anyway, Rollins hit the nail on the head with his promo regarding CM Punk. I don't trust WWE to pull it off since their promos are scripted and AEW he and MJF had the freedom to cut deep with their promos. He thinks everyone loves him. Chicago loves him. Chicago chanted his name for years. People in other cities are going to see through this money grab in time.

Its about to be WM Season, so my eye will drift back to WWE a bit. If Punk wins the RR it will be a giant eye roll from me.

I watch the big shows but other than last night, I don't bother with the weekly programs. I watch YouTube highlights but I couldn't handle 5 hours of WWE programming.

I was watching AEW every week but I've checked out. I hate MJF's face turn, every angle is about whether or not people are friends anymore and Tony Khan's booking is like a fever dream. "Dream matches" with no build, Japanese guys that are passed their prime, endless false finishes and no selling.

I find myself going on Peacock or YouTube and watching old shows and pay per views of years gone by over the current stuff.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

#5897 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 05:09 PM

I watch the big shows but other than last night, I don't bother with the weekly programs. I watch YouTube highlights but I couldn't handle 5 hours of WWE programming.

I was watching AEW every week but I've checked out. I hate MJF's face turn, every angle is about whether or not people are friends anymore and Tony Khan's booking is like a fever dream. "Dream matches" with no build, Japanese guys that are passed their prime, endless false finishes and no selling.

I find myself going on Peacock or YouTube and watching old shows and pay per views of years gone by over the current stuff.

Same. I've been watching WM main events and ranking them since #40 is around the corner. Plus, my 3 y/o likes it too. Not the main event, but showed him Razor/HBK ladder match from WM X. Now he just wants to watch ladder matches. 

• PrimeTime likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#5898 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 29 November 2023 - 06:51 AM

Same. I've been watching WM main events and ranking them since #40 is around the corner. Plus, my 3 y/o likes it too. Not the main event, but showed him Razor/HBK ladder match from WM X. Now he just wants to watch ladder matches.

That's fantastic.

Unfortunately for me, showing my son old wrestling lead to my shoulder getting torn up again. After watching some of the Great American Bash '88 from Baltimore, my son asked me to give him a body slam into bed. What my son didn't know is that he was supposed to go up for me.

When I scooped him all the way, I re-tore my rotator cuff.

Don't let anyone tell you that wrestling is fake. Lol
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

#5899 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 27 December 2023 - 03:37 PM

I took my son the arena last night for the WWE holiday tour. It was his first time going to wrestling and my first time in over 20 years. It was pretty fun crowd; the house show atmosphere had an old school feel to it. My son had a blast up until he got tired during the next to last match of the evening.  

• Mike B and Mike in STL like this
@primetime667083

#5900 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 December 2023 - 11:54 AM

I took my son the arena last night for the WWE holiday tour. It was his first time going to wrestling and my first time in over 20 years. It was pretty fun crowd; the house show atmosphere had an old school feel to it. My son had a blast up until he got tired during the next to last match of the evening.  

I totally forgot they were down at the Arena.  

I haven't been to the "Civic Center" since they remodeled, how does it look on the inside?

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=