• This topic is locked This topic is locked
300 replies to this topic

#121 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

Testudo Times: Aazaar Abdul-Rahim could help Maryland recruit 4-star ATH Trevon Diggs

http://www.testudoti...ama-coach-hired

Need to get all the locals to come visit the new leadership together.

#122 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

Any word on Locksley? What's the hold up?

#123 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:51 AM

Any word on Locksley? What's the hold up?

Everyone keeps saying the expectation is he's gone... but haven't seen anything official.

Which makes me think Locks is listening to offers elsewhere, and that MD hasn't shut the door (and might still be trying to encourage him)....

Also makes me think that there is a negotiation here, vs. Locks being fully committed to leaving.

#124 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

If Haskins wants to play from Day 1 at a Power 5 program, he will have no better opportunity to do so than at MD. You really can't make a more enticing pitch than that. His relative silence is at least an indication he wants to see how the staff at MD is set up, which makes perfect sense.

#125 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

If Haskins wants to play from Day 1 at a Power 5 program, he will have no better opportunity to do so than at MD. You really can't make a more enticing pitch than that. His relative silence is at least an indication he wants to see how the staff at MD is set up, which makes perfect sense.

Yeah, agree.... does make sense for him to see how the staff sets up.  Hopefully MD can land a strong OC.

#126 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,557 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

Here's the TT article on Haskins.

Ohio State recruiting Maryland 4-star QB commit Dwayne Haskins, per report

Ohio State is recruiting Maryland four-star 2016 quarterback commit Dwayne Haskins, according to a report from Jeremy Birmingham of Eleven Warriors.

Buckeyes co-offensive coordinator Tim Beck had an in-home visit with Haskins on Sunday, according to Birmingham.

Durkin should hire Beck as OC now. That would be very McLean/Muschamp-esque.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#127 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

Picture was just tweeted out with Durkin and Locksley recruiting together. Very possible that Locks is on his way back. Probably looked around and realized no one wants him.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#128 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:59 PM

Picture was just tweeted out with Durkin and Locksley recruiting together. Very possible that Locks is on his way back. Probably looked around and realized no one wants him.

That... or he negotiated enough, and got what he wanted... haven't seen the pic, but I'm super excited about that.

Get this class in... with some extra help from Abdul-Rahim, and let's go.

#129 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

CVvo-_4WUAAXfo_.jpg

• You Play to Win the Game and BSLMikeLowe like this

#130 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

That's great to see...

Durkin as a recruiter himself... Locks... Abdul-Rahim.... and London coming on as Asst. HC. 

Here we go!

#131 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:42 PM

Durkin is the anti Edsall to start his MD career. Just get a good OC

#132 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,057 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:48 PM

Looks like it's official that London is coming on as AHC and defensive line coach. 

Durkin, Abdul-Rahim, London, Shafer, and possibly retaining Locksley? 

It would appear as though Maryland is serious about not wanting to suck at football. 

#133 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:12 AM

Durkin is the anti Edsall to start his MD career. Just get a good OC

What's the word on this?  I haven't even seen a sniff of candidates?

#134 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:54 AM

What's the word on this?  I haven't even seen a sniff of candidates?

As I've mentioned other places, Tim Beck and Zach Azzanni are the two names I've heard. Though the big rumor going around is Lane Kiffin.

@BSLZackKiesel

#135 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

BTW. This is why it was flawed to every think you had to keep Edsall for this DMV movement. There is/was always a chance to retain Locksley. You were always gonna find someone that could recruit the area well if you made a good HC hire. Even if you did/do lose some recruits this year. Easily the most buzz for the MD football program in decades.

#136 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

I think maybe the main target of their joint recruiting trip is the recruitment of Locksley... "Hey, bud, let's take a road trip... it'll be great!"

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#137 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

BTW. This is why it was flawed to every think you had to keep Edsall for this DMV movement. There is/was always a chance to retain Locksley. You were always gonna find someone that could recruit the area well if you made a good HC hire. Even if you did/do lose some recruits this year. Easily the most buzz for the MD football program in decades.

Agreed. Keeping Edsall to bring in that class is the ultimate cutting off your nose to spite your face scenario. Just would've delayed the inevitable. He had made way too many awful coaching decisions to justify retaining him. That said, let's be glad it's in the past. I have zero doubts Edsall wanted the same thing we wanted and just as badly. I'm done bashing the guy and am willing to be thankful for the role he played in improving the infrastructure, even if realistically those things would've happened anyway due to Plank and the move to the Big Ten. While true, it's only fair that he gets credit for that. Better days ahead.

#138 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

Testudo Times: 5-star DE Terrell Hall has "renewed interest" in Maryland football

http://www.testudoti...-terps-maryland

I mentioned in my article from yesterday that Abdul-Rahim would likely make a push for Hall, who he recruited at Alabama.

@BSLZackKiesel

#139 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,057 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

Figured Hall would become very interested with the additions of Durkin, Abdul-Rahim, and even London. Interesting that he's waiting it out to see if Locksley stays or not.......... I guess he's waiting to see if Haskins and others are still on board. 

#140 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,529 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

@RivalsFriedman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=