203 replies to this topic

#121 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

They tear apart the timeline but theres still a possibility he did it just not right after school. The Muslim discrimination is pretty terrible and inexcusable

#122 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:46 PM

They tear apart the timeline but theres still a possibility he did it just not right after school. The Muslim discrimination is pretty terrible and inexcusable

IMO, it's as reasonable to suspect that he did it as it is to say the only reason he's in jail is because he's Muslim.

I just don't see how anyone can say...he's guilty, he did it or whatever phrase you want to use.

Now, so far I have heard nothing to say he is innocent either.

But he's not guilty and there is a difference between innocent and not guilty.

#123 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

IMO, it's as reasonable to suspect that he did it as it is to say the only reason he's in jail is because he's Muslim. I just don't see how anyone can say...he's guilty, he did it or whatever phrase you want to use. Now, so far I have heard nothing to say he is innocent either. But he's not guilty and there is a difference between innocent and not guilty.
Disagree with your first statement. The motive the prosecution came up with was anti Muslim, trying to hit home that Adnan killing Hae over his honor. That was very explicitly their agenda. Also never did I say the only reason he's in jail was this anti-Muslim theory. I think the main reason he's in jail is because in the eyes of the police and the jury, someone had to be put away at whatever cost to the credibility of the case and he fit the bill the best

#124 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Serial: Waranowitz! He Speaks!

http://serialpodcast...owitz-he-speaks

• Russ likes this

#125 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:41 AM

http://m.wbaltv.com/...ranted/36305268

#126 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

http://m.wbaltv.com/...ranted/36305268

I for one think he's guilty, but I'm very curious to see how this plays out. 

• Russ likes this
@beginthebegin71

#127 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:35 PM

I for one think he's guilty, but I'm very curious to see how this plays out. 

I feel the same way.  If he gets a new trial, I would bet he pleads to time served.  

There have been a lot of 'revelations' since Serial. Most of them blown out of proportion by Rabia and her cohorts.  But one thing they found out was pretty interesting:  Don's time sheet for the day of the murder, his alibi, was fabricated by the manager of Lenscrafters.  And the manager happened to be his stepmother.  Duh, duh, duhhhhhhhhhh.

• SBTarheel likes this

#128 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

That's a pretty compelling piece of info Russ for anyone who has been trying to figure out who else could be a suspect.

Kelly seems pretty convinced that Adnan is innocent based on a lot of the stuff that has come out post Serial.

#129 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

That's a pretty compelling piece of info Russ for anyone who has been trying to figure out who else could be a suspect.

Kelly seems pretty convinced that Adnan is innocent based on a lot of the stuff that has come out post Serial.

Aren't the other podcasts very pro Adnan? Like produced by his family and stuff? 

I admittedly haven't given them a chance, as I feel like not only is he guilty, but he's like a genius psychopath. 

Basing this on only what I've heard, but that's my thought. 

@beginthebegin71

#130 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

I feel the same way.  If he gets a new trial, I would bet he pleads to time served.  

There have been a lot of 'revelations' since Serial. Most of them blown out of proportion by Rabia and her cohorts.  But one thing they found out was pretty interesting:  Don's time sheet for the day of the murder, his alibi, was fabricated by the manager of Lenscrafters.  And the manager happened to be his stepmother.  Duh, duh, duhhhhhhhhhh.

Ok, yea, that's what I've heard too. 

Interesting about Don. 

@beginthebegin71

#131 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

I feel that he is likely guilty, but the evidence, based on what I know of it, is not strong enough to convict. This piece of info on Don throws another wrench into the prosecution's case.

#132 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

I feel that he is likely guilty, but the evidence, based on what I know of it, is not strong enough to convict. This piece of info on Don throws another wrench into the prosecution's case.

Agree with that. It was a terribly handled case, from what the original podcast brought us info wise. 

@beginthebegin71

#133 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:00 AM

I read the court transcripts, the detective notes, the statements, etc.

Adnan did it.  Absolutely no doubt.  The bullshit that Rabia and her crew put out is all smoke and mirrors, conspiracy bullshit.  Sarah Koenig, I'm positive of this, knew Adnan was guilty, had a show to put on, and deliberately left out details from her story.

We all got played.

#134 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

Adnan did it.  Absolutely no doubt.  The bullshit that Rabia and her crew put out is all smoke and mirrors, conspiracy bullshit.  Sarah Koenig, I'm positive of this, knew Adnan was guilty, had a show to put on, and deliberately left out details from her story.

We all got played.

What was left out? What was the biggest detail left out?

If what you said about Koenig is true, that's an odd decision to follow this case since there are hundreds out there with less evidence supporting a conviction. I know she worked in Baltimore around the time of the murder, so there is familiarity with it....

I always come back to the Pennsylvania case discussed in Serial about the brother who was found guilty of murdering his other brother despite there being some serious lack of evidence and motive. That would have been just as good a case to base a podcast on.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#135 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

We all got played.

If what you said about Koenig is true, that's an odd decision to follow this case since there are hundreds out there with less evidence supporting a conviction. I know she worked in Baltimore around the time of the murder, so there is familiarity with it....

I always come back to the Pennsylvania case discussed in Serial about the brother who was found guilty of murdering his other brother despite there being some serious lack of evidence and motive. That would have been just as good a case to base a podcast on.

Jay. He knew things he couldn't possibly know unless he was there. For instance, Jay says that when he picked up Adnan from track practice, Adnan told him that he talked to the coach about Islam so the coach would remember he was there.

Hae's diary. Koenig read one excerpt from her diary and then says that hae never talks about Adnan as being possessive. The very first line after one of the excerpts she read is "he is so possessive."

Those are just a couple off the top of my head. The alternative theories are just so outlandish. Serial killer? Jay did it? Butt dial? Come on.

There are other things. I read this stuff over the past week or so. I'll remind myself of other things when I get home.

#136 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:32 AM

We all got played.

Rabia sold her on this case. Partly because Koenig was a Sun reporter who followed Gutierrez's career when she was going downhill. I think she got all involved and started this story then realized this guy is guilty, but I got a story to finish. Koenig won't even comment on the case anymore.

#137 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

I definitely think Adnan did it...Always did but still, the case was a mess.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#138 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

I definitely think Adnan did it...Always did but still, the case was a mess.

You know, I don't think it really was. I think that's what I'm not articulating well. It was a much better case than Koenig presented it as. The cops did a good job.

#139 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:37 AM

Obviously, I have no life.

#140 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

Guitierrez made it a mess. Didn't interview Asia...I always thought the timeline was unrealistic and the cell phone data was not an exact science back then and the employee who testified recently said as much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=