BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 03 October 2024 - 04:20 PM

https://baltimorespo...of-uncertainty/

Looked at the obvious uncertainty of the offseason (keeping Burnes/Santander) and also the uncertainty of making trades (they're running low on trade chips they're fine with moving who are actually interesting to other teams)

Also had several paragraphs about Hyde but Elias already confirming he's coming back kinda ruined those lol

• BSLChrisStoner and russsnyder like this

#2 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 04 October 2024 - 08:32 AM

No problem moving Mayo.
Not much of a problem moving Holliday.
Major problem extending Adley. No thanks.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 09:19 AM

Love the idea of extending Adley if he'll listen.  Never would've thought it possible but now think its a glimmer of being our only chance we'll have to buy low.  I know many fans are incapable of seeing anything except the most recent results, but baseball doesn't work that way.  I'll take on the risk that he's forgotten how to hit at 26 years old to have a shot of the benefit of having him back at his expected levels through his early 30s without having to commit to his mid 30s when you'd be fearful of catchers falling off.

I'm definitely in on a 6-7 year deal for Rutschman.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63,510 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 09:20 AM

I don't think a Henderson contract is possible.  Would obviously support that if there is any interest, but there won't be.

#5 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,668 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 04 October 2024 - 10:23 AM

Love the idea of extending Adley if he'll listen.  Never would've thought it possible but now think its a glimmer of being our only chance we'll have to buy low.  I know many fans are incapable of seeing anything except the most recent results, but baseball doesn't work that way.  I'll take on the risk that he's forgotten how to hit at 26 years old to have a shot of the benefit of having him back at his expected levels through his early 30s without having to commit to his mid 30s when you'd be fearful of catchers falling off.

I'm definitely in on a 6-7 year deal for Rutschman.

Not a bad take. My concern is that I think the tea leaves are shaking out. I think hes a much better hitter as a DH than when catching and that IMO greatly diminishes his value. Now if you can factor that in and get a good price then sure I'd look at hm for 5 or 6 years., But I suspect what I'd be willing to pony up is way less than what it would take.

I'd give him something like 6$100M......max

#6 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 11:08 AM

Adley at catcher (top) vs DH (bottom)

2022:

.245/.354/.439 .793 OPS in 367 PAs

.289/.392/.446 .838 OPS in   97 PAs

2023:

.276/.375/.411 .786 OPS in 480 PAs

.284/.374/.500 .874 OPS in 203 PAs

2024:

.231/.299/.351 .650 OPS in 448 PAs

.298/.366/.488 .854 OPS in 186 PAs

This year, he was pretty normal when DHing, bad when catching. The previous two years were perfectly fine as a catcher, if that's where he was he'd be good. I don't know what to make of it, his PAs as a catcher were lower than in 2023 so he shouldn't necessarily have been worn down. They specifically said he wasn't playing hurt. If I had to bet, I'd bet he can get back to where he was, I'd bet he is more like the previous 5+ years in the organization rather than the last 3 months, so I would extend him. I recognize there is more risk today than there was in May, but that's probably the only reason an extension may be possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=