The over / under is 46.5. 

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 03:54 PM

Ravens win 27-24. Henry has 25 for 103 and two tds. Flowers catches a td from Lamar. Henry doesn't have a better game all season.

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 04:02 PM

Under 4 YPC and he doesn't have a better game all season? Lol

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 04:10 PM

Even if you think the line is suspect and Henry is old and washed up (probably not true for either), I think just having the Lamar affect will be of great benefit to Henry.
  • BSLChrisStoner and DuffMan like this

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 04:21 PM

Under 4 YPC and he doesn't have a better game all season? Lol

I meant more in the overall "near 100 yards and 2 scores" type game. But you're right. He probably averages closer to 4.1 yards. I'll edit.

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 08:14 PM

Not expecting a win in this one. Would love to see the upset. Wiggins could be an X-factor for the defense. If preseason is any indication, kid is a stud. Locked down everyone he went against on Preseason. Hopefully he can keep it up against starters.

Also think the loss of Sneed hurts Spagnuolo a lot more than anyone realizes. Sneed and McDuffie allowed Spagnuolo to stack the box and successfully play press man on the outside to give his front time to generate pressure.

This will be the first time we see Lamar with the ability to fully make changes at the LOS. Should be interesting.

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,641 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 August 2024 - 08:15 PM

I’m not expecting a win either but I’d argue a win being viewed as an upset. I don’t think it should be viewed that way. KC favored by 3 at home. Baltimore in the same tier as they are IMO.

Are they doing the pre game stuff? I thought I saw they already had their ring ceremony, not sure though.

#8 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 09:10 PM

No major pre-season injuries. Should be coming into the game relatively healthy. Hopefully Linderbaum and Andrews are ready to go.

Hyped to see this defense with Madubiuke, Roquan and Simpson, and the secondary with Humphrey, Stephens, Wiggins, Hamilton, Williams. Interested to see what Ojabo and Oweh can do together, too.

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,605 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 09:12 PM

Think KC is like -150ish right now in the moneyline. Hard not to play it. They just own us. And its opening night. And Im worried about the OL right now

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,876 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 09:17 PM

Think the OL will be fine as long as Stanley and Linderbaum are healthy and ready to go. Vorhees should be fine. Hopefully they are quick to go with Mekari if someone is struggling on the right side. I trust him more than Falele and Cleveland, but I'd like to see Cleveland get some run. I'm guessing Rosengarten will be the RT.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,641 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 August 2024 - 09:20 PM

The turnover on the line combined with losing their coach halfway through training camp is definitely concerning for me. I tend to think they’ll ultimately be fine, but it may take some time to gel.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,605 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 09:22 PM

The turnover on the line combined with losing their coach halfway through training camp is definitely concerning for me. I tend to think they’ll ultimately be fine, but it may take some time to gel.

Right. I could see them being fine by Dec but I expect struggles gelling out the gate

#13 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,772 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 August 2024 - 09:24 PM

Did KC lose anything on D?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#14 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 11:40 PM

Did KC lose anything on D?

Starters Gay (LB) & Sneed (CB) to FA, and nickelback/safety Mike Edwards to a trade to TEN. 

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,288 posts

Posted 26 August 2024 - 07:04 AM

Even if they wind up losing the game, it will be a tight contest.  I'm not expecting KC to run us all over the field.  And I'm actually glad they're playing them now than if it was later in the season.  They'll be working through the rust just like we will and I'm expecting a couple of turnovers from both teams.  So, it wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens win, but the Chiefs will probably prevail by 3-6 points. 

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,641 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 August 2024 - 07:09 AM

I actually have changed my mind. This org and team is all heart and I can’t imagine they’re going to not bring a little extra given the outcome the last time they were on the field. Ravens 24 - Chiefs 16 final answer.

#17 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts

Posted 26 August 2024 - 07:52 PM

Starters Gay (LB) & Sneed (CB) to FA, and nickelback/safety Mike Edwards to a trade to TEN.

They'll miss Sneed and Gay. That could be a difference in this game.

Should be a tight game. O-line is definitely a worry. Unfortunately we won't have any sure answers on it until about week 3 or 4.

#18 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,641 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 August 2024 - 07:54 PM

Wasn’t Sneed and another quality starter absent in the AFC CG?

#19 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts

Posted 27 August 2024 - 05:24 AM

Wasn’t Sneed and another quality starter absent in the AFC CG?

Sneed is the CB that punched the ball out of Flowers hands at the goal line.

#20 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,088 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 August 2024 - 02:09 PM

Sounds like the NFL has no plans to suspend Rice before this game, and that they want to let his legal process play out first. Yeah, whatever....the league has taken action in the past on matters like this before legal proceedings happen. Sounds like with Hollywood likely out with the shoulder injury the league simply doesn't want to leave KC too shorthanded in a marquee game.

• Ravens2006 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=