Photo

General NBA Talk 2014-15 Season (GS Wins Title)

• Please log in to reply
2520 replies to this topic

#2481 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

I thought he needed more titles to be top 4?

Also, I think the top 2 are pretty clear with Kareem being the other guy, then after that there are quite a few guys that get considered for the remaining 3 top 5 spots.

I never said that.

He needs more titles to be considered GOAT.

#2482 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

Magic should have set off on his own to win titles. Find a way to do it without Abdul-Jabbar and Worthy. Weak-minded that he didn't IMO. Poor "decision" on his part.

#2483 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Magic should have set off on his own to win titles. Find a way to do it without Abdul-Jabbar and Worthy. Weak-minded that he didn't IMO. Poor "decision" on his part.

And despite having no choice to  play with KAJ and Worthy,  they didn't instantly turn into scrubs holding him down like Bosh and Wade did to LBJ. Magic was so lucky. 

#2484 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

I never said that.

You said he needed more titles to be on the NBA Mount Rushmore. 

#2485 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

I know what the majority of peoples answer will be to this question but I'll ask anyway. Does Jordan with this Cavs team beat the Warriors?  I think he very well might have. Weber won't agree with any of this, but Jordan willed his teammates to be better. The Cavs were close enough in this series with LBJ, that the greatest team sport athlete of all time would have got the job done. 

#2486 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

I know what the majority of peoples answer will be to this question but I'll ask anyway. Does Jordan with this Cavs team beat the Warriors?  I think he very well might have. Weber won't agree with any of this, but Jordan willed his teammates to be better. The Cavs were close enough in this series with LBJ, that the greatest team sport athlete of all time would have got the job done. 

Well Jordan never did win a title with a team like what LeBron just had. Anytime he faced more of a talent deficit (before they started winning titles) he and his team came up short. 

#2487 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

I never said that.

You dont think that ship has already sailed. You really think he could still do enough to overcome Jordan? 

#2488 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

Well Jordan never did win a title with a team like what LeBron just had. Anytime he faced more of a talent deficit (before they started winning titles) he and his team came up short. 

Again, truly great teams in the East pre Jordan dominance. Pistons and Celtics were terrific teams. LBJ has had an easy EC to get through for most of his career. Besides, Jordan post Pistons beating him up just became a difference beast. He turned himself into something unbeatable.

#2489 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Again, truly great teams in the East pre Jordan dominance. Pistons and Celtics were terrific teams. LBJ has had an easy EC to get through for most of his career. 

He didn't even come close for most of the 80's. And so what if the East was tougher? So he had to face the Pistons in the ECF's while LeBron had to face the Warriors in the Finals. All that does it change when they lose and create a situation where people like you can bash him for being 2-4 in the Finals. 

Without Pippen, MJ isn't winning a bunch of rings assuming no good alternative was found. Well LeBron didn't have anyone close to Pippen in this series. 

#2490 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

No chance Jordan, or God beats GS with that roster.

Who willed Delladova this series? Guess he got a call from Mommy before the series. Couldn't have been LeBron. No chance.
  • JordanKough and KWebz like this

#2491 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

He didn't even come close for most of the 80's. And so what if the East was tougher? So he had to face the Pistons in the ECF's while LeBron had to face the Warriors in the Finals. All that does it change when they lose and create a situation where people like you can bash him for being 2-4 in the Finals. 

Without Pippen, MJ isn't winning a bunch of rings assuming no good alternative was found. Well LeBron didn't have anyone close to Pippen in this series. 

And how many times has LBJ not made the FInals. How many times did he absolutely choke in a series. Jordan never would have pulled the crap LBJ pulled against the Celts in '10 or the Mavs in '11. The one thing nobody can deny is how much mentally tougher Jordan was than LBJ has been in his career. It's not even close. 

#2492 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

No chance Jordan, or God beats GS with that roster.

Who willed Delladova this series? Guess he got a call from Mommy before the series. Couldn't have been LeBron. No chance.

This would have been the worst supporting cast to ever win a title. And yeah, some of these guys did step it up. Look at how each and everyone of those players were perceived just going back to the all-star break. All of them with the possible exception of Shumpert played at a much higher level than that of their reputation and past performance.

And even with guys stepping it up, LeBron was leaned on more than any star has likely been leaned on before in a Finals. 

#2493 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

And how many times has LBJ not made the FInals. How many times did he absolutely choke in a series. Jordan never would have pulled the crap LBJ pulled against the Celts in '11 or the Mavs in '12. The one thing nobody can deny is how much mentally tougher Jordan was than LBJ has been in his career. It's not even close. 

Dude, you're the one turning this into LeBron vs MJ for some reason, not me. I'm not saying LeBron is better. 

But what I am saying is I wouldn't expect MJ to bring this collection of players to a title. 

#2494 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:40 AM

BTW Webber. LBJ has lost in a relatively weak EC twice when his team was the #1 seed. When they were the favs to get to the Finals. Everytime Jordan's team was the best team in the East they not only won the East, but won the Championship. 

#2495 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

Fine, we all agree Jordan is better than LBJ. As close as this series was and as mentally tough as Jordan is, I absolutely believe he could have and probably would have won with this Cavs team. 

#2496 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

BTW Webber. LBJ has lost in a relatively weak EC twice when his team was the #1 seed. When they were the favs to get to the Finals. Everytime Jordan's team was the best team in the East they not only won the East, but won the Championship. 

Compare the rosters on those teams.

You're holding it against LeBron that he somehow led his mediocre team to great regular seasons. And the Celtics were quite good. And the Magic, not as good, but look at what LeBron did in that series. He cannot be blamed for them losing that.

#2497 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

Fine, we all agree Jordan is better than LBJ. As close as this series was and as mentally tough as Jordan is, I absolutely believe he could have and probably would have won with this Cavs team.

So what? What is your long drawn out point?

#2498 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

So what? What is your long drawn out point?

Now that's hilarious coming from the guy who'll have a 2 person argument with Shack for 20 pages.

#2499 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Now that's hilarious coming from the guy who'll have a 2 person argument with Shack for 20 pages.

You aren't arguing anything! You are babbling a bunch of fucking nonsense.

What is your point? We already know how you had to apologize for being an embarrassment in this thread and you ended up being completely wrong.

So, now that we are past that stupidity, what is your point? What exact discussion are you trying to have?

#2500 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

You aren't arguing anything! You are babbling a bunch of fucking nonsense.

What is your point? We already know how you had to apologize for being an embarrassment in this thread and you ended up being completely wrong.

So, now that we are past that stupidity, what is your point? What exact discussion are you trying to have?

Lol

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=