Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

Baltimore Business JournalOrioles to send out playoff ticket invoices

Fans with full season plans will be given the option to purchase tickets to all potential home playoff games at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Fans with a 29-game plan can purchase tickets to six games, while 13-game holders can buy tickets to three games, or one game per postseason round.

@levineps

#2 PatrickDougherty

PatrickDougherty

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

ron-paul.gif

• JeffLong, fishteacher and Markus like this
@pjd0014
I'm trying to be better about sharing code for reuse: Github

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,934 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

Motherfucker. This sucks. One game per round for 13 game plan holders? Dammit. 2012 we could buy all of them. Hopefully there will be more available options before they go on sale publicly.

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

Motherfucker. This sucks. One game per round for 13 game plan holders? Dammit. 2012 we could buy all of them. Hopefully there will be more available options before they go on sale publicly.<br />

Yeah, that's lame.

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

Motherfucker. This sucks. One game per round for 13 game plan holders? Dammit. 2012 we could buy all of them. Hopefully there will be more available options before they go on sale publicly.<br />

Wasn't there something about fully renewing for the next year that guaranteed that?  Or am I misremembering?

I go with a group of six on a 13 game plan and we were discussing upgrading to 29 for next year if it can net us more playoff tickets this year...

#6 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

You'll still get to do that.  The 3 games are what you are guaranteed.  And those seats will be in "your" seats.  After all the season ticket holders buy their "plans"  we all get the ability to buy additional games before they go on sale to the general public.  This is a good thing because some times your playoff game that's part of your plan might not be used.  For example in 2012 I had tix for a 3rd home game in the divisonal round, problem was we only had two games at home in that round.

#7 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Really?  That surprises me.  

What they may do is before publically putting them up for sale, they will ask season ticket holders if they want to buy additional games that weren't previously offered to them...But your initial oppurtunities should be how they are doing it here.

#8 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

I don't have a plan, but shouldn't there be some incentive for full STH? I just don't see this as that unfair. Also in 2012, I can imagine there was a lot less STH packages than currently? Plus like in 2012, they'll probably use this as an opportunity to increase the base.

@levineps

#9 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

I really hope this isn't extremely confusing.  Just in terms of buying the games in "your" seats and then buying the additional ones after the first round of sales.  Can this be done online?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#10 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Thinking back to last year...

We got our seats for one game in each and then were thrust into this online system that opened for 13 game holders at a certain time.  We were able to get in right away and buy another set of tickets for each seat right away and it was relatively painless (though I wasn't the one navigating the system).

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

So a friend from New York was in to see the O's/Nationals back in Baltimore in June. I helped him buy the O's tickets, using my season ticket account online. It wasn't letting his credit card go through, so we had to change the address, of course, to reflect the address on his card. It worked fine, he enjoyed the game, etc.

I moved back in June, so I logged into my season ticket account this morning since the invoices are coming out next week, just to verify my address was correct. As it turns out, it had my friends name and address and wouldn't let me change it. After about 30 minutes on the phone this morning with the ticket office, they finally figured out how to fix it. That was a nice little scare for a few minutes. That would have sucked hard to get my season ticket invoice mailed to New York, in someone elses name.

#12 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

http://mlb.mlb.com/b...44138-733278533

#13 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

If there's a home game while I'm back in MD, I'm so going.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#14 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Anyone have a chubby just thinking about the fact that we're in post-season discussions???  I have a 13-game plan and 1 game per round is good for me...I'll probably sell one of them, depending on the night(s) the games are....World Series???  Fuck that....I won't miss that shit!

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,934 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

I've got a flight to London booked for October 24th to visit my fiance's sister who lives there with her British husband.  Already told her that if the O's make the World Series we're canceling the trip or at least delaying it or she's going without me.

#16 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Anyone have a chubby just thinking about the fact that we're in post-season discussions???  I have a 13-game plan and 1 game per round is good for me...I'll probably sell one of them, depending on the night(s) the games are....World Series???  Fuck that....I won't miss that shit!

Definitely chubbed up.  Like I said, I'll actually be back in MD in the last week of Sept/1st week and a half of Oct. which should be right when the playoffs are starting.  To go to a playoff game would be rather awesome.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#17 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'm going to every game.

I told my wife that I don't want a birthday present, because I'm spending my cash on this shit.

• Russ likes this

#18 Domenic

Domenic

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

I don't have a plan, but shouldn't there be some incentive for full STH? I just don't see this as that unfair. Also in 2012, I can imagine there was a lot less STH packages than currently? Plus like in 2012, they'll probably use this as an opportunity to increase the base.

I don't have a plan either, but I agree. You have to take care of your base customers first and foremost, and in this case I have no problem with them throwing some extra benies towards full season plan holders.

@DomenicVadala

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Baltimore Orioles @Orioles 7m

You can now place a deposit on 2015 #Orioles season tickets & guarantee an opportunity to buy 2014 Postseason tickets:http://atmlb.com/1n2BCXy

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

Baltimore Orioles @Orioles 7m

You can now place a deposit on 2015 #Orioles season tickets & guarantee an opportunity to buy 2014 Postseason tickets:http://atmlb.com/1n2BCXy

I guess they aren't expecting the post season games to sell out amongst current plan holders.  Interesting.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=