Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

PoliticoDiane Sawyer leaving ABC 'World News'

For the longest time, I only knew of three anchors (Brokaw, Jennings, and Rather). And then they all left in their own short time frame for different reasons. Only one of their replacements (Brian Williams) is still in his position. CBS has had two anchors (Schieffer/Couric) and not counting interims, ABC has had four (Woodruff/Vargas, Gibson, and Sawyer) but two of which we're co-anchors. 

The interesting thing here to me is how they are having George Stephanopoulos do the breaking news/special events stuff instead of the new anchor, David Muir. He's already been the co-anchor for that stuff and has a political background so it makes sense to put him on the election/inauguration type events. Tim Russert co-anchored election coverage, so it's not so uncommon. I guess they feel he's too valuable in the AM to just let him anchor the news.

@levineps

#2 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

ABC should have Stephanopoulos anchor the news, then hire Rob Lowe in character as Sam Seaborn to do GMA.

It really is interesting how stable the national news anchors were for so long. NBC has had two anchors for 32 years, CBS had three anchors in the 57 years from 1948-2005.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=