#281 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 November 2023 - 03:43 PM

Good Bye Bengals.  I hate to see great players get hurt, but the Bengals are a dirty football team, so not sorry to see them going down the drain.

• NewMarketSean, BaltBird 24 and weird-O like this
@mikeghg

#282 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 07:45 AM

Good Bye Bengals.  I hate to see great players get hurt, but the Bengals are a dirty football team, so not sorry to see them going down the drain.

they and their fans got too cocky too quickly without anything to hang their cockiness on. I was at the firehouse before the game and a Ravens fan booed two Bengals fans walking in and they said something to the effect of “go to the super bowl and then talk” the Ravens guy was like we have two rings, dingus! 

• Mike B and weird-O like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#283 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,551 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 18 November 2023 - 08:39 AM

Lol yea, there was trash talking and a Bengal fan actually said "try making the divisional round!"

Those people are clueless. 

Also, two straight weeks we have KO'd a QB and that team plays Pittsburgh next.  Steelers might be having the luckiest year in NFL history.

• Mike B, weird-O and cprenegade like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#284 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 10:39 AM

Lol yea, there was trash talking and a Bengal fan actually said "try making the divisional round!"

Those people are clueless.

Also, two straight weeks we have KO'd a QB and that team plays Pittsburgh next. Steelers might be having the luckiest year in NFL history.

How do Bengals fans ever try to talk trash. They have arguably the worst franchise in NFL history.

#285 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 11:18 AM

I don't know if I would call them the worst franchise in NFL history.  There's a lot of losing there, but they have been to 3 superbowls and recently been to a SB and an AFCC.  

I think people need to keep perspective.  Imagine Lamar Jackson on the Bengals, and Joe Burrow on the Ravens who had been to the SB and AFCC the last two years.  What do you think would be the narrative Raven's fans directed at the Bengals and Lamar Jackson?

As for the worst franchise in NFL history, has to be the Detroit Lions.  Never been to a SB, last playoff win was in 1991.  More seasons than not finishing out of the playoffs.  That's a fairly sorry franchise.  

#286 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 11:28 AM

Championships were played and won pre SB era. Lions and Browns have won multiple of both. You can make cases for other franchises below Cincy but few. Jags, Falcons, Texans, Cards. Cincy is in the mix though. Sad sack franchise and everyone knows it

#287 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 06:28 PM

Championships were played and won pre SB era. Lions and Browns have won multiple of both. You can make cases for other franchises below Cincy but few. Jags, Falcons, Texans, Cards. Cincy is in the mix though. Sad sack franchise and everyone knows it

Multiple of both of what? The Lions have only ever won NFL titles before the merger. Same with the Browns (they came from the AAFC like the Colts did). Actually, the last time the Lions won a title was when my 83 year old father was 17 years old. 

#288 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 06:33 PM

It all counts and it all matters. In the MD thread we got Stoner in there disrespecting a college HOFer. Straight disrespect because the accomplishments were some arbitrary "too long ago".

#289 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 18 November 2023 - 08:51 PM

It all counts and it all matters. In the MD thread we got Stoner in there disrespecting a college HOFer. Straight disrespect because the accomplishments were some arbitrary "too long ago".

What? You mentioned him in the post prior.
Me not mentioning him wasn't disrespecting him and I didn't mention anything about time.

#290 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 12:13 AM

What? You mentioned him in the post prior.
Me not mentioning him wasn't disrespecting him and I didn't mention anything about time.

You've survived long enough to see yourself become the villain.

#291 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 10:46 AM

Multiple of both of what? The Lions have only ever won NFL titles before the merger. Same with the Browns (they came from the AAFC like the Colts did). Actually, the last time the Lions won a title was when my 83 year old father was 17 years old. 

The Lions did have to win a Western Conference playoff at San Francisco to get to that 1957 championship. In what was one of the greatest comebacks up to that time, they rallied from a 27-7 third-quarter deficit to win, 31-27.

#292 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 09:43 AM

ESPNBengals franchise WR Tee Higgins has requested a trade, per sources. Higgins loves Cincinnati and hoped to be with the team long term, but is disappointed that the team has not had any talks about a long-term contract extension since March 2023. He’s ready to move on to a new home.

#293 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 09:46 AM

Only so much money to go around when you have to pay your QB, star WR, and still try to build a capable team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=