Ravens/Bolts: Keys to the game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jabbyburns

Jabbyburns
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

1. Can the Ravens short-handed secondary jam the huge Bolt WR's at the line, which in turn will give the front 7 extra time to get to Rivers?
2. Will Cam Cameron continue to use Ray Rice, even if the Bolts score early. Remember, Cam was the Bolts OC years back and might want to "show" up his old team. But will he become pass happy if they fall behind early?
3. The Bolts will fold like a cheap suit if they get down early, especially if the Broncos beat the Pats earlier in the day. Can the Ravens step on their soft-ass throats and send Norv to an early Xmas?
My prediction is that the Bolts will keep this one interesting as long as Rivers gets time to throw. He must be in shotgun at least 70% of the time for the Bolts to have any chance of winning. Remember, Vegas is dying for you to take the Ravens, so buyer beware.

Jabby Burns
@Jabbyburns

#2 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

I give the Ravens the edge in this game because of how much better they are in the trenches compared to the Chargers.

When the Ravens beat the Chargers a few years ago, SD was playing better. Rivers was better and the Ravens secondary was worse.

Rivers had a field day but the Ravens still won.

This game worries me because of the pure offensive talent SD takes into the game and that makes them scary.

But can their Oline hold up against the Ravens and can the Chargers protect the ball?

Definitely need to run Rice a lot and control the clock some.

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Chuck Pagano is a Chargers fan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors