Photo

Baltimore Sun: Gilchrist has a new perspective 10 years after starring in ACC tournament

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Baltimore Sun: Gilchrist has a new perspective 10 years after starring in ACC tournament

Nothing really earth-shattering, but a pretty decent article from Don Markus.  You just wish he (and others) could learn these lessons sooner, but obviously people mature at different paces.  Good for JG for being able to look back and recognize that he could've done some things differently.  I still think he could've been a decent NBA-er if his head was on straight.

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

After the national championship, the 2004 ACC title run probably is my favorite Terps memory.

Williams believes Gilchrist would have been drafted had he left after his sophomore season — a year when five point guards went in the first round and 12 were drafted overall — but NBA general managers became aware of what a handful he had become during his junior year.

I've changed my philosophy on this in general -- obviously case-by-case basis. But when you have a chance to get a guaranteed NBA contract, you should take it and sometimes even second round. You just don't know what the future holds. I used to be of the thought you should always try to improve your draft stock unless you were lottery pick, but I think in many cases coming back hurts you.

@levineps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=