Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,657 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Testudo TimesAll-ACC teams announced: Maryland's Dez Wells named third team

Seems about right.  I really did not expect any honors for Maryland given the season plus the bad blood as they leave the ACC.

Good for Dez, have a hard time placing him ahead of too many guys on the second team let alone the first.

@mikeghg

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

He'd be first team if they only considered 2nd half production!

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

I was curious so I broke it down.  He averaged 4.8 ppg in the first half of ACC games, and 10.7 in the second half.  He also had 6 games where he scored 0 or 2 points in the first half and then went off for 17, 21, 13, 13, 17, and 16 in the second half.

I think it's a combination of him trying to let his teammates get going early on and him just struggling early and getting it together later.  There have definitely been games when MD was playing well in the first half without Dez scoring, and he'd been a good distributor.  But there were also games where he was very inactive and disappeared, or got into foul trouble.  I don't know what the expectation for Dez should be next year.  If he can play like he does in the 2nd half all game long, maybe he's a contender for 1st team and near the top in scoring.  But I don't see much room for improvement in his offensive game aside from shooting, so unless he really improves his shot, I don't know if I think he can become a more consistent scorer.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=