#41 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Allen must not be as well liked as we think....I am glad they did this and let's remember, Rice could be gone after this year.

That's true. If he ends up replacing Rice, this could be a hell of a steal. It caught me off guard because I assumed they were high on Allen, so I didn't see us going here in the 3rd round, especially after trading up.

I like what I'm hearing about Pierce. Good night all.

#42 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Well, if I'm reading right, here's what the Ravens are looking at tomorrow:

4th round: 98th overall. (From Vikings trade from yesterday)
4th round: 130th overall. Compensatory pick. (Traded our other 4th for Lee Evans last year)
5th round: 169th overall. Compensatory pick. (Traded our other 5th just now to ATL to draft Pierce)
6th round: 198th overall.
7th round: 236th overall.

#43 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

McShay: Likes the Pierce pick a lot. Lateral agility, breaks a lot of tackles, can work on catching the ball out of the backfield. Reminds him of Arian Foster a bit.

Kiper: Improve hands for passing. One dimensional for now.

#44 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

4th round: 130th overall. Compensatory pick. (Traded our other 4th for Lee Evans last year)
5th round: 169th overall. Compensatory pick. (Traded our other 5th just now to ATL to draft Pierce)

We have the 3rd pick in the 4th round tomorrow (98th overall), which we acquired from the Vikings when we traded out of the 1st round last night.

#45 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Pierce is a monster and will be a starter in the NFL IMO.
@PeterDiLutis

#46 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

We have the 3rd pick in the 4th round tomorrow (98th overall), which we acquired from the Vikings when we traded out of the 1st round last night.

Oops, totally forgot about that one. Edited my original post.

So far, I see a lot of Ravens fans questioning this move to trade up and draft Pierce.

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,555 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Oops, totally forgot about that one. Edited my original post.

So far, I see a lot of Ravens fans questioning this move to trade up and draft Pierce.

Well, I think that on the surface it was a bit confusing as RB wasn't perceived as a top need for us, but Ozzie always has a plan and everything I'm hearing about Pierce has me very excited about his potential.

#48 bhrusty

bhrusty
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

With Williams gone and Rice approaching 1k carries I'm not shocked they took a RB, if only to keep Rice viable for longer. The word on Pierce labels him as a Rice clone rather than a change of pace, so he can slot in on 1st and 2nd to spell Rice, or if he is hurt. I like the pick.
@bbhrusty

#49 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Some guys that could make sense tomorrow in round 4.

Wr:
Joe Adams
Chris Givens
Marvin Jones

OL:
OT-Bobby Massie
OT-Zebrie Sanders
C-Ben Jones
C- David Molk
DL:
Billy Winn
Jared Crick
Alameda Ta Amu

LB:
James Michael Johnson
Vantaze Burfict

CB:
Alfonso Dennard
Brandon Boykin
Chase Minnifield

S:
Geore Iloka

I do think they could be looking to find a returner so either Joe Adams or Brandon Boykin would give them good value as a returner and part time player. Would not be surprised to see us pick one of these two guys.

#50 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ozzie mentioned WR and C.

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Baltimore Beatdown: Best Players Remaining
http://www.baltimore...ayers-remaining

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Who does everyone want at 98?

#53 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think Ozzie goes WR here. Maybe Joe Adams.

I don't see STL taking another wideout. Indy might, but they've drafted two TEs already and have other holes to fill.

#54 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

From this point on, I'd love to roll the dice on Burfict.

#55 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,464 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Pro Football Talk: Best players available for draft's third day
http://profootballta...afts-third-day/

1. Georgia cornerback Brandon Boykin — We discussed Boykin (pictured) in the previous post, but it’s possible teams have medical concerns after he fractured a bone in his lower right leg during the Senior Bowl game. If not, he’ll surely be one of the first players selected on Saturday. Boykin is a three-phase playmaker and was a 2011 team captain at Georgia.

2. Washington defensive tackle Alameda Ta’amu — Ta’amu moves exceptionally well for a 6-foot-3, 341-pound manchild, which makes him appealing from a planet-theory perspective. He is a 3-4 nose tackle prospect. Also a captain for the Huskies’ 2011 defense, Ta’amu started 42 games in college, recording 19 career tackles for loss and nine sacks.

3. Ole Miss tackle Bobby Massie — Massie was once regarded as a likely first-round pick by ESPN’s Mel Kiper. The measurables are certainly there. Massie possesses vine-like arms at 35 inches, and packs 316 pounds onto his 6-foot-6 frame. Unfortunately, Massie plays more like Jane than Tarzan at this point. He’s still a viable developmental project.

4. Arkansas receiver Joe Adams — Adams is slight at 5-foot-11 and 174 pounds, and he ran a relatively disappointing 4.53 forty time at the Combine. But SEC game watchers know he does not lack explosiveness. Adams scored 25 career touchdowns, including five on punt returns, and earned first-team All-SEC honors for his “all-purpose” work as a senior.

5. Tennessee defensive tackle Malik Jackson — For a much cheaper price, a team could get a higher-effort if only slightly less-gifted version of Quinton Coples on the draft’s third day. Jackson’s production wasn’t overwhelming while forced to play nose tackle on an undermanned Tennessee line, but he could excel at 4-3 left end, 4-3 tackle, or five technique in a 3-4. Jackson plays the game relentlessly, and he’s learned to defeat double teams. He’s one of our favorite 2012 sleepers.

7. Alabama defensive tackle Josh Chapman — Chapman would have been a second-day pick if not for postseason ACL surgery. The operation repaired Chapman’s anterior cruciate ligament in addition to left meniscus after he played the final eight games of his senior season through the injury. And he was still the best run-stopping nose in the nation.

8. California receiver Marvin Jones — A silky smooth route runner with veteran savvy and a wide catching radius, Jones’ production was mediocre at Cal while playing second fiddle to future top-ten draft pick Keenan Allen at receiver. Jones was perhaps the best wideout on the field at the Senior Bowl. He goes 6-foot-2, 199 and ran a 4.47 at the Combine.

Others left: Wake Forest receiver Chris Givens, Nebraska defensive tackle Jared Crick, Arkansas receiver Jarius Wright, Nevada linebacker James-Michael Johnson, Nebraska cornerback Alfonzo Dennard, Virginia linebacker Cam Johnson, South Carolina safety Antonio Allen, Boise State safety George Iloka, Troy defensive end Jonathan Massaquoi, Oklahoma linebacker Ronnell Lewis, Georgia center Ben Jones, Georgia tight end Orson Charles, Florida State tackle Zebrie Sanders, Louisiana-Lafayette tight end Ladarius Green, Furman cornerback Ryan Steed, Miami guard Brandon Washington.

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

I think a C and WR are going to be taken in 4th round unless some player has dropped that they like, such as Massie.

#57 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

They will be going C sometime in this draft, but not with the first 4th rounder. I like Joe Adams, or Givens from Wake Forest a lot. Maryland fans should know the potential Givens has. I would expect a C, WR/returner, another LB and then beyond that anything. I expect a lot of best player available picks. Major holes were filled yesterday. Baltimore is hitting a homerun this year in my view.
@Langley486

#58 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

McShay just talked about Adams and how he had a mild stroke in college...He has been ok the last few years but McShay was wondering if the teams are scared of him.

Kiper and McShay both have Massie as bpa. He is a RT...don't see how you can bring back Oher unless he is really cheap.

#59 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Don't sleep on potential DL help either. Lost McKinney and Redding.

And they figure to add a safety today.

#60 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

McShay just talked about Adams and how he had a mild stroke in college...He has been ok the last few years but McShay was wondering if the teams are scared of him.

Kiper and McShay both have Massie as bpa. He is a RT...don't see how you can bring back Oher unless he is really cheap.

I'm very young and had a minor stroke as well. I am doing just fine right now and still work out and play basketball and everything. It shouldn't scare people away.
@Langley486

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=