Allen throws it up to Wells...

Some nice bench reactions to that

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

They have played a lot better in the half court over the past couple games and today might be their best so far. They're actually being patient and running through the progressions of the offense. Just have to hope they can keep it up on the road

You are right, but I think today is about tempo.. more than 1/2 court efficiency.  MD creating offense from defense... playing at a higher pace... getting up and down the court...    the shooting from outside opening things up inside.

Just picturing a slow, ugly game Monday.

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

Allen attacks the basket, finds Wells for 3...

#46 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

What's crazy is that if MD wins today, and could find a way to win Monday... resume wise they would likely be on the bubble.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Lunardi had them as his 11th team out and that was before the UNC loss.

@levineps

#47 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

The possession that used the full shot clock and ended with a 3 was great, do more of that in the second half. Pass, cut, pass until a great opportunity. No rushing needed.

#48 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Virginia is going to be really tough Monday though. I really dislike them quite a bit for some reason.

They really kicked it up a notch once league play began, their OOC resume wasn't very good at all.

@levineps

#49 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Offensively the are protecting the ball and finishing. Encouraging there. Not so encouraging defensively. At least def rebounding

#50 ChrisGarman

ChrisGarman
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

You are right, but I think today is about tempo.. more than 1/2 court efficiency.  MD creating offense from defense... playing at a higher pace... getting up and down the court...    the shooting from outside opening things up inside.

Just picturing a slow, ugly game Monday.

Yeah they are definitely getting out and running.  FSU isn't even putting two guys in the box for foul shots because they're worried about Maryland's counter. Where I see them executing in the half court is a lot of the threes are open looks as a result of moving without the ball and finding the open guy. I agree though, their transition game has been the difference.  The uptempo and half court are both meshing well today

@Garmelo10

#51 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Lunardi had them as his 11th team out and that was before the UNC loss.

Ehh, maybe. Their RPI is 82nd and SOS is 59th right now.   FSU's RPI is 44th. UVA's is 18th. Win both, and MD's RPI would likely be 55 or so.

#52 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Allen.. splash.

#53 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Allentown

#54 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Virginia is going to be really tough Monday though. I really dislike them quite a bit for some reason.

Because you're a good, respectable Marylander?

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@DJ_McCann

#55 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ehh, maybe. Their RPI is 82nd and SOS is 59th right now.   FSU's RPI is 44th. UVA's is 18th. Win both, and MD's RPI would likely be 55 or so.

A win(or loss) only moves up (or down) an entire seed. So hypothetically speaking, let's say they dropped to the 13th team out after the UNC loss, they'd be at best, the 5th team out.

Didn't you say not too long ago when I pointed out some website giving them a ~15% of making the Tourney, that it was too high? Not sure exactly when our dialougue took place, but I think it was the beginning of ACC play and they've kept the status quo in league play.

@levineps

#56 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

This team is up 19 and still drive you crazy with their lack of IQ. Mitch has Graham wide open and instead lowers shoulder ans charges.

#57 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Cleare has to go.

Also heard some noise that Faust could graduate early and leave. That would be nice

#58 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

A win(or loss) only moves up (or down) an entire seed. So hypothetically speaking, let's say they dropped to the 13th team out after the UNC loss, they'd be at best, the 5th team out.

Didn't you say not too long ago when I pointed out some website giving them a ~15% of making the Tourney, that it was too high? Not sure exactly when our dialougue took place, but I think it was the beginning of ACC play and they've kept the status quo in league play.

So... I said they would be on the bubble...and you are saying they could be the 5th team out...  what's the difference?
Point is they win today, and win Monday.. their resume would be near bubble worthy... and that is crazy. It would have less to do about MD, and a weak bubble overall.

My thoughts on MD making the NCAAT really haven't changed. Due to what happened OOC, I think MD needs 11 or 12 ACC wins (regular season) to be on the right side of the bubble going into the ACCT.  I think MD finishes with 9 ACC regular ACC wins, and many think I'm being optimistic there. If 9 wins is the expectation... getting to 11 or 12 wins, is possible... but a 15% chance (knowing the schedule) seems high.

#59 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Smotrycz has had his time limited today... think that has helped.

#60 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Heard Faust may graduate early and leave. That would be nice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=