172 replies to this topic

#161 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

I don't want anymore discussions about this team anymore this year. Can we just go ahead and jump to Aug already.

There is nothing to look forward to around here until the Ravens season kicks in again.

#162 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

I can buy that the biggest jump in college bball is fresh to soph year.

With that said, I've seen enough glimpses to give Peters a chance. He has to find a jumpshot though.

To be clear, he's never going to be an All Conference performer but potentially a solid contributor if he can find some kind of jumper.

#163 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

I recorded the game and just finished watching that disaster of a game. What an embarrassment.

#164 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,053 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

I can buy that the biggest jump in college bball is fresh to soph year.

With that said, I've seen enough glimpses to give Peters a chance. He has to find a jumpshot though.

To be clear, he's never going to be an All Conference performer but potentially a solid contributor if he can find some kind of jumper.

Haven't watched much MD BB this year due to a lack of interest in watching crappy BB, but from what I have seen Peters hasn't really impressed.

Personally, I saw more from Allen last year than I've seen from Peters this year.

• glenn__davis likes this

#165 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Remember when MD (myself included) fans were all excited about getting Dez Wells?

Bwahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahaha

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#166 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Did anyone other than Mitchell have a good game?

#167 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,053 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Remember when MD (myself included) fans were all excited about getting Dez Wells?

Bwahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahaha

He's not a difference maker like a Vasquez or Dixon, but he's probably the least of our problems right now.

#168 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,053 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Dodd didn't look bad when he was in. Of course, when Dodd is your 2nd most productive player you're probably going to lose.

#169 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Dodd didn't look bad when he was in. Of course, when Dodd is your 2nd most productive player you're probably going to lose.
Yeah, he did look solid, but it's not like he played much.

#170 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,053 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Yeah, he did look solid, but it's not like he played much.

I'm trying to find positives here.

They aren't going anywhere this year. Give Dodd all of Cleare's minutes.

#171 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Haven't watched much MD BB this year due to a lack of interest in watching crappy BB, but from what I have seen Peters hasn't really impressed.

Personally, I saw more from Allen last year than I've seen from Peters this year.

Yeah. Allen has All Conference potential. Good talent. The best on this roster right now.

Dodd is another one who I'm holding out hope for being a solid contributor in coming years.

The problem of course is we need playmakers and real talent to go.along with the solid contributors. The type of talent that makes solid contributors better and remain within themselves.

That's really the problem. We have guys like Wells and Mitch and Smo would would all be so much better if they didn't have to try ans extend themselves and go outside of what they do best.

Truely, the program rests on Trimble and Wiley being playmakers. And while you never know, I will say that their reps are better coming into MD than anybody in a long time

#172 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Ugh.  Kevin Anderson, Randy Ellerson, and Mark Turgeon can't get out of College Park soon enough.

A pox on all of 'em.

Randy (Rich) Ellerson is available so be careful there!

@levineps

#173 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

I'm not sure we can make the tourney next year. Unless one of the freshman becomes a borderline all-ACC type guy. This team is so awful. Everytime they take one step forward, its two steps back. I wouldn't fire Turgeon yet, but I also wouldn't bash the move if they did it. I don't have any confidence in Anderson to make another hire, though. If the team doesn't show lots of improvement next year, as a group and nice individual growth, then you have to fire Turgeon, whether Anderson is likely to get it right or not.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=