Photo

BSL: Ravens win on Tucker’s 61 yarder; What did we see?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

So if you know this is going to happen why not split Pitta out wide and say move him outside the WR.  It's not like the Ravens aren't familiar with this formation, it's the one that Pitta caught the TD in the Super Bowl and they used a lot at the end of last year.  You create mismatches and force interior space to open up.  And with a big body like Brown getting snaps it shouldn't be an issue.

#122 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

So if you know this is going to happen why not split Pitta out wide and say move him outside the WR.  It's not like the Ravens aren't familiar with this formation, it's the one that Pitta caught the TD in the Super Bowl and they used a lot at the end of last year.  You create mismatches and force interior space to open up.  And with a big body like Brown getting snaps it shouldn't be an issue.

Who knows. Peolple have been questioning this offense since 1998.
@BSLMikeRandall

#123 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

What impressed me most about Monday night's game was the physicality of the defense. Every tackle was a punishing hit on the opponent.

Ngata had his best game in a long time.

Elam had his best game as a pro.

Any time your defense is that punishing on the opposition you always have a chance.

#124 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Are you guys even talking about the game anymore?

Weber will never stop when it comes to pushing his agenda that Flacco is the luckiest QB ever.

#125 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

What impressed me most about Monday night's game was the physicality of the defense. Every tackle was a punishing hit on the opponent.

I loved the physicality.  Loved it.  Johnson was limping by the end of the game.  He did not want to catch the ball.  The backs didn't want to run in the holes.  The secondary hit hard.  And if they keep that up...look out.  

I loved that Smith shadowed Johnson at times.  I wonder if we move Webb around to follow Edelman, he always did a great job matching up against Welker in the slot.  I see a similar skill set from Edelman.

#126 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Probably just as simple as the Ravens preferring the other matchups on the field.

#127 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Probably just as simple as the Ravens preferring the other matchups on the field.

Meh...I was unimpressed with the game plan this week.  Not going to cut them any slack on this.  

At the least once the pass rush appeared that it was being slowed down, they should have made some changes IMO.

#128 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Weber will never stop when it comes to pushing his agenda that Flacco is the luckiest QB ever.

I think a guy catching the ball with his helmet thrown by Eli is the luckiest qb play ever.  If only Flacco could be as refined as bob3. :)

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=