#1 PatrickDougherty

PatrickDougherty

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

O's drop 5 game Holiday Pack Tickets...

A quick FYI: in addition to raising season ticket prices (admittedly for the first time on all plans in 5 years) and expanding variable pricing, the Orioles are dropping the 5-game holiday pack that included Opening Day tickets. Apparently, this was a pretty good way to get people to the stadium when the team was bad but is no longer necessary when the team is good.

That's a pretty big bummer for people like my family that counted on those packs as a way to get to Opening day but not be tied to 13+ games (since I'm the only one that wants to and can realistically make that many during a season). Just wanted others like me to be aware, if you were counting on this ticket package!

@pjd0014
I'm trying to be better about sharing code for reuse: Github

#2 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

A quick FYI: in addition to raising season ticket prices (admittedly for the first time on all plans in 5 years) and expanding variable pricing, the Orioles are dropping the 5-game holiday pack that included Opening Day tickets. Apparently, this was a pretty good way to get people to the stadium when the team was bad but is no longer necessary when the team is good.

That's a pretty big bummer for people like my family that counted on those packs as a way to get to Opening day but not be tied to 13+ games (since I'm the only one that wants to and can realistically make that many during a season). Just wanted others like me to be aware, if you were counting on this ticket package!

This has been a long time coming. Last year they dropped the 6 game pack as a means for getting opening day tickets.

I had gone to every opening day for 6+ years until they got rid of that. Sad.

@JeffLongBP

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but even 13 game plan holders don't get Opening Day seats right?  Those are reserved for 81 and 29 plan holders?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Apparently, this was a pretty good way to get people to the stadium when the team was bad but is no longer necessary when the team is good.

.....the good news is they'll probably be available next year.  2016 for sure.

• SammyBirdland likes this

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

.....the good news is they'll probably be available next year.  2016 for sure.

If that's the case, they'll probably re-institute a multi-game package plan that isn't quite the commitment of a 13, 29, or full season package. People want to go to Opening Day and will pay a little (or a lot) more to do so.

@levineps

#6 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but even 13 game plan holders don't get Opening Day seats right?  Those are reserved for 81 and 29 plan holders?

The radio spots have said "Orioles' 13 game season plan gives you access to the most coveted ticket in town: Orioles opening day"

@JeffLongBP

#7 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

If that's the case, they'll probably re-institute a multi-game package plan that isn't quite the commitment of a 13, 29, or full season package. People want to go to Opening Day and will pay a little (or a lot) more to do so.

I was trying to make a joke about their expected performance next year.

#8 PatrickDougherty

PatrickDougherty

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

The box office said that we would have to buy at least the 13-game plan to get Opening Day seats, so maybe its inclusion there is to make up for getting rid of the Holiday Pack.

@pjd0014
I'm trying to be better about sharing code for reuse: Github

#9 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,935 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Correct.  The 13-game plan holders do get dibs before the general public on buying any Opening Day tickets that are left over after the 81- and 29-game plans buy theirs, and I don't think that they ever sell out the stadium with just the 29- and full season ticket package people.  I think you can get as many tickets for Opening Day as you have for your 13-game package (so if you have 4 seats, you can buy 4 tickets).  If there are tickets leftover after that, I think there is another round for season ticket holders to buy up to 4 more (or at least there was last year) before they go on sale to everyone.

#10 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Another change is that they always used to let Season ticket holders buy double their amount of tickets, this year, they're only letting you get the same amount.. I've always been able to buy 4 Extras, but this year can only buy 2. My account guy told me that season ticket sales are up so much that they had to do that, which Is obviously a good thing. 

For opening day I mean..

@beginthebegin71

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm probably going to buy a 13-game plan. Opening Day isn't a part of that plan, but the 13-game plan does give you the option to purchase Opening Day tickets. For those who have done this, when will I be able to purchase the Opening Day Tickets? Is it further along during check-out, or is it at a later date? With opening day about 5'ish weeks away, I'm not too late am I?

#12 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

I'm probably going to buy a 13-game plan. Opening Day isn't a part of that plan, but the 13-game plan does give you the option to purchase Opening Day tickets. For those who have done this, when will I be able to purchase the Opening Day Tickets? Is it further along during check-out, or is it at a later date? With opening day about 5'ish weeks away, I'm not too late am I?

http://baltimore.ori...ting/season.jsp -- looks like you're guaranteed OD tickets with the 13 game package.

Edit: You have the option to buy them.

@levineps

#13 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Let me know if you get any answers to these questions. I'm in a similar boat.

@bopper33

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Will do. If no one provides an answer this evening, I'll call the box office tomorrow.

#15 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Will do. If no one provides an answer this evening, I'll call the box office tomorrow.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be advertised on the website that you could buy OD tickets if they sold out. And if the O's sold out Opening Day, I think they would've made an announcement. But probably to be safe, I'd call the box office.

@levineps

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,935 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

13-game plan holders do not get Opening Day seats as one of their 13-games.  They do get the opportunity to buy Opening Day tickets after all the 81- and 29-game plans have been sold (which both include Opening Day) but before they go on sale publicly.  That's already happened, was in the middle of last week for me.

Unlike previous years, we could only buy the number of seats we have, and no more.  They said we may get the opportunity to buy additional seats, but that hasn't happened yet.

I don't know if you will get the chance to buy Opening Day tickets if you buy a new 13-game plan or not.  They could already all be gone.  I imagine that's a question you'll be able to get an answer to when you call to order your plan.  I would recommend not buying the plan unless you can simultaneously purchase Opening Day tickets (unless you want the plan regardless of if it allows you to get OD tickets or not).  I wouldn't trust "you'll get a chance to buy them before they go on sale to the public" and throw down your money for the 13-games.  Because that may be true, new 13-game plans likely will have priority over general public, but I'm not sure new-13 game plans will have priority over additional OD tickets for previous 81-, 29-, and 13-game plans holders.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#17 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Here is the response I got from the O's this morning:

"Hi Chris, it is not too late for Season Plan Holders to get Opening Day tickets. Once you purchase a plan please give us a call at 1-888-848-BIRD and we can help you with Opening Day"

• Pedro Cerrano likes this

#18 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

I just logged into my account to see if there any seats left, and it looks like there are still seats available for opening day.  Most of them are upstairs, there are some in LF lower box.  If I did my math right,  I totaled 1125 total number of tickets remaining.

• You Play to Win the Game and Pedro Cerrano like this

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

I just logged into my account to see if there any seats left, and it looks like there are still seats available for opening day.  Most of them are upstairs, there are some in LF lower box.  If I did my math right,  I totaled 1125 total number of tickets remaining.

That's just the tickets currently available to the public. You can bet that the O's have plenty of tickets currently held back from public offering.

#20 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,607 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

Looks like I'll be picking up a 13-gamer.

Thanks for all the info guys.

@bopper33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=