#21 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I wonder if the Ravens plan on doing those cut blocks on that Dline tonight?

#22 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

I'd like to see a Ravens TD and Lions TO early tonight. Quiet the crowd. Set the tone.
@BSLMikeRandall

#23 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

They also just give games away sometimes.  I think the Ravens should try and get under their skin a little bit, see if we can bait them into a stupid flag.  Once things seem like they are slipping away from them, the Lions just seem to completely lose control.  Take the home team out of the game early and they could disappear quickly.

I agree with this whole-heartedly!  SEriously, get in Megatron's face and rough him up a bit...make their defense also do some stupid stuff and get us cheap calls...screw it!  It ain't cheatin', it's just smart gamesmanship!

• Mike in STL likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#24 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Bnickle, while I value your opinion on the score of the game....I hope you go F yourself and we win 34-17!  ;-)

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,364 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Steve Young saying we can't win a SB because we don't have leaders.

He just finished stating he's tired of asking Flacco to be more demonstrative, he now realizes it won't happen... Joe just won a title being Joe... he doesn't need to change... even if Young is no longer asking for him to change, he shouldn't be thinking he should have to.

Lewis' comments about the lack of leadership in the locker room and that it could also be years until they have what he and Reed provided... might be true, but was also self-serving. Plenty of leadership still in the locker room.

I started the year (before game 1) talking about turning the page on the Super Bowl. This was a different team yada yada... but that all said, there are plenty of champs still on this team....  the league had a chance to knock the champ out... they didn't do it... Ravens still standing with a chance to do some swinging of their own.

Ravens find a way to win tonight, they are going to be a tough out the rest of the way.

• fishteacher likes this

#26 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

If we can win this one, it's set us up for a possible Hell of a matchup for the division....oh yeah...and that stupid NE team!

@therealjfisher

#27 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

We're gonna hold Megatron to 6 yards receiving....that'll show em!

@therealjfisher

#28 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

I hate when commentators attribute outcomes to intangibles when there's a tangible, simpler story in place. Our offensive line is terrible, which means we can't run the ball, which fucks everything else up, and we were missing our best receiver all year. Last year our O-line progressed from decent to good in the playoffs and our WRs stayed healthy. The end.

Our defense is BETTER than it was last year when they had the amazing leadership of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy, You Play to Win the Game and 3 others like this
@DaKittenz

#29 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

If the Ravens don't make the playoffs this year, it won't be due to leadership... it'll be due to a historically bad center, McKinnie flopping, the loss of Pitta, etc.

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

At least Ray mentioned the Oline and how it's not as good as last year.

#31 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

If the Ravens don't make the playoffs this year, it won't be due to leadership... it'll be due to a historically bad center, McKinnie flopping, the loss of Pitta, etc.

Osemele being hurt and poor is a huge loss too.

#32 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I"m so glad ESPN is showing our O-line's "highlights"....wow, they are awesome!

@therealjfisher

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Osemele being hurt and poor is a huge loss too.

Yes... and Yanda hasn't been good (in part due to who he's next to, IMO).

#34 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Gruden going through all the issues of the Oline...all true.

Will the game plan be smart?

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Man, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a GMC truck hauling around a huge ass plane turbo engine. SMH... I hate auto commercials.
  • SammyBirdland and fishteacher like this

#36 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Seriously, I could seen monroe and yanda on this squad next year...the other 2 turds (not including Shipley since he's playing for a hurt guy and out of position)...see ya later!  How many false start/holding penalties on Oher tonight?

Over/under on Oher penalties?  I will put it at 3.5 penalties and i'll take the over.

@therealjfisher

#37 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

With our o line, how many fine dollars does Suh accrue in today's game?
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#38 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Man, I can't tell you how many times I've seen a GMC truck hauling around a huge ass plane turbo engine. SMH... I hate auto commercials.

My truck tows around my fat ass which is getting as big as one of those turbines...commercials are true.  ;-)

• You Play to Win the Game and SammyBirdland like this
@therealjfisher

#39 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Seriously, I could seen monroe and yanda on this squad next year...the other 2 turds (not including Shipley since he's playing for a hurt guy and out of position)...see ya later!  How many false start/holding penalties on Oher tonight?   Over/under on Oher penalties?  I will put it at 3.5 penalties and i'll take the over.

I got 6 penalties for Oher.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#40 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

I got 6 penalties for Oher.

Wow....that's even  high for my taste...I say 4.

@therealjfisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=