#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Once again, no tourney this year IMO.

I think a sub-.500 record is a real possibility.

Just not enough talent top to bottom, and the few talented players we do have are pretty redundant rather than complementing each other.  We've got 2s and 3s and nothing else.

#82 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,930 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

I've had a strong opinion of him ever since he called for Edsall to be fired after Year 1. A fan I can understand, but a guy who is touted as a respected writer? I expected more out of someone with apparent knowledge of the entire situation. Can't stand the guy in any respect.

Right, because if you wanted Edsall fired after year one you aren't knowledgeable...

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Jim Hunter calling this a "fabulous" event... everything is sunny!

He's the only guy who can talk about "good sportsmanship" in a professional or collegiate game for over 5 minutes. I muted him and Feinstein after a minute of this game. So painful to listen to.

@BSLZackKiesel

#84 ChrisGarman

ChrisGarman
  • Members
  • 150 posts

One thing that kept Maryland out of the tournament last year was a weak non-conference schedule.  They added some better games this season, but lost them all (U-Conn, Oregon State, Ohio State, George Washington).

@Garmelo10

#85 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

Right, because if you wanted Edsall fired after year one you aren't knowledgeable...

It's completely unreasonable to want a coach fired after one year with the buyout they would have had to give him. I understand frustration and calling for his job from fans, but sports writers should be held to a higher standard IMO. I lost all respect for him with that irrational article.

@BSLZackKiesel

#86 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

He's the only guy who can talk about "good sportsmanship" in a professional or collegiate game for over 5 minutes. I muted him and Feinstein after a minute of this game. So painful to listen to.

Atleast since there wasn't a "MASN team," there was no homerism.

@levineps

#87 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

One thing that kept Maryland out of the tournament last year was a weak non-conference schedule.  They added some better games this season, but lost them all (U-Conn, Oregon State, Ohio State, George Washington).

I like that, losing to UConn and Ohio State is somewhat expected. I think you should expect to be beat Oregon State at home and even GW at Verizon.

@levineps

#88 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,355 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

I like that, losing to UConn and Ohio State is somewhat expected. I think you should expect to be beat Oregon State at home and even GW at Verizon.

They should have been able to win 2 of those 4 games.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=