Photo

BSL: Terps lose at home to Oregon State; What did we see?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#81 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

When you're a billionaire, you can spend YOUR money how you see fit. And btw, Bisciotti isn't even a MD alum, so that probably explains the Gary loyalty over the Maryland loyalty.

And like I said, these people that we're loyal to a man, and not the university, had too much clout. I get that people with money gain power and clout in these types of situations, but it isn't best for the university and program that these people were loyal to Gary and not the university itself.

Gary had way too much power there. It hurt the basketball program because he was allowed to slack off and not go at his job 100% with no consequences. Debbie Yow may have been a big bitch. She definitely didn't like Gary, but I can't blame her if she was upset at having to pay him the highest salary of any employee in the State of MD to half ass his job.

#82 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

I don't see the relevancy to your question. Anyway.

1. I doubt Gary and Bischotti are best friends.

2. Gary is alumni. He loves the program. He still works at the school. There is not like there some disconnect between him and the school. Why shouldn't Bischotti still be supporting the school now.

If you read the articles, you'll see they are very good friends. Bisciotti has gone out of the way to go to MD games while GW was at MD. And he specifically said he was doing it because of his friends with GW and he wouldn't do it with another coach. They spent Christmases together, vacationed together, etc.

@levineps

#83 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

And like I said, these people that we're loyal to a man and not the university had too much clout. I get that people with money gain power and clout in these types of situations but it isn't best for the university and program that these people were loyal to Gary and not the university itself.

Gary had way too much power there. It hurt the basketball program because he was allowed to slack off and not go at his job 100% with no consequences. Debbie Yow may have been a big bitch. She definitely didn't like Gary, but I can't blame her if she was upset at having to pay him the highest salary of any employee in the State of MD to half ass his job.

Well the good news is when Bnickle is a billionaire, we can see loyalty to the front of the jersey instead of the back. Who should've made more money than GW?... Fridge? Brenda Freese? Mote? the underbasket weaving coach? 

@levineps

#84 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

If you read the articles, you'll see they are very good friends. Bisciotti has gone out of the way to go to MD games while GW was at MD. And he specifically said he was doing it because of his friends with GW and he wouldn't do it with another coach. They spent Christmases together, vacationed together, etc.

Sounds to me like they may be more than BFFs, quite possibly soul mates. Life partners.

#85 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Sounds to me like they may be more than BFFs, quite possibly soul mates. Life partners.

Has Bisciotti's wife asked for a divorce yet?

@levineps

#86 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

Who should've made more money than GW?... Fridge? Brenda Freese? Mote? the underbasket weaving coach? 

Well, as a state employee myself, I'd like to say me. But I'm biased.

#87 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Has Bisciotti's wife asked for a divorce yet?

What do you think? This is a very soft touch.

51817280.jpg

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#88 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

How can anybody be happy that the State of MD highest paid man was half assing his job. How can anybody be happy when they see that anywhere in any workplace. Just at a whole different level when it's public and the guy is making millions of dollars a year.

#89 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,554 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

51817280.jpg

Has Cam secretly been the Terps offensive coordinator in the Turgeon era? Seems like it...

• glenn__davis and BaltBird 24 like this

#90 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

51817280.jpg

Same embrace he gave Ray after the AFC Champ game last year.

@levineps

#91 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:53 AM

How can anybody be happy that the State of MD highest paid man was half assing his job. How can anybody be happy when they see that anywhere in any workplace. Just at a whole different level when it's public and the guy is making millions of dollars a year.

The football or basketball coach is usually the highest paid state employee, so tell me who you thought should've earned more. He had a national championship to his resume, naturally he's going to be paid the most.

@levineps

#92 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

The football or basketball coach is usually the highest paid state employee, so tell me who you thought should've earned more. He had a national championship to his resume, naturally he's going to be paid the most.

That's a different discussion about who should or shouldn't be the highest paid man. Stick to the point. He was half assing his job and basically flaunting it. He knew he had so much support in the right places at the school that he could completely ignore a huge part of his job and golf.

Most people were either too scared or too in the tank to call him out on it.

#93 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

That's not fair.... when's the last time the state fire marshal had a chance to win a national championship?

#94 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

That's a different discussion about who should or shouldn't be the highest paid man. Stick to the point. He was half assing his job and basically flaunting it. He knew he had so much support in the right places at the school that he could completely ignore a huge part of his job and golf.

Most people were either too scared or too in the tank to call him out on it.

Ok I'm asking you (and already did), who should be the state's highest paid employee? I listed specific names and you failed to say any of them or your own choice. I don't think GW was half-assing his job ftr.

Plenty of people wanted GW gone. I thought he left at the right time, he probably should've done it a year earlier IMO.

@levineps

#95 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

I don't think GW was half-assing his job ftr.

You ever see that 2005 recruiting class? Dave Neal and Parrish Brown.

#96 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

You ever see that 2005 recruiting class? Dave Neal and Parrish Brown.

I get what you are saying. Lack of results doesn't mean a lack of trying. however And in GW's case, the blue chippers weren't his style especially in the latter years. Bisciotti hinted at it with Carmelo/Michael Beasley comment.

@levineps

#97 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

I get what you are saying. Lack of results doesn't mean a lack of trying. however And in GW's case, the blue chippers weren't his style especially in the latter years. Bisciotti hinted at it with Carmelo/Michael Beasley comment.

Yeah, I'm not totally saying GW was half assing it near the end either. He had a pretty good class before the disaster of 2005 and a very good class after.

For whatever reason he was just never able to truly build from his national championship season and the new arena.

#98 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, I'm not totally saying GW was half assing it near the end either. He had a pretty good class before the disaster of 2005 and a very good class after.

For whatever reason he was just never able to truly build from his national championship season and the new arena.

Yeah it was disappointing that he couldn't build on the success, instead they trended downward. You used to expect to make the Tournament every year, now we'll celebrate just making it.

@levineps

#99 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Mackus and Stoner are the two biggest guys I know here who were in the tank for Gary . My guess is they'll tell you he was half assing it when it came to recruiting. Hell, he wasn't even half assing it in that aspect. He had zero desire to personally recruit.

It's one thing to not want to pay HS kids, have to get your hands dirty with used car salesmen, etc. It's another to completely and totally ignore the aspect of recruiting. Now, apparently Gary got a little better the last few years but still. He ultimately quit because he couldn't handle the way the process worked anymore. Tells you all you need to know.

#100 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Mackus and Stoner might be the two biggest guys I know here who were in the tank for Gary . My guess is they'll tell you he was half assing it when it came to recruiting. Hell, he wasn't even half assing it in that aspect. He had zero desire to personally recruit.

It's one thing to not want to pay HS games, have to get your hands dirty with used car salesman, etc. It's another to completely and totally ignore the aspect of recruiting. Now, apparently Gary got a little better the last few years but still. He ultimately quit because he couldn't handle the way the process worked anymore. Tells you all you need to know.

He was 66 when he "quit." You obviously aren't too fond of GW.

@levineps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=