Photo

BSL: MD suffers excruciating losses at Wake; What did we see?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Well FSU drubbing Clemson certainly makes that loss look better.  I said after that game that it was more about FSU than MD.

And the UVA game, while closer than it should've been, was a win with a backup QB.  I'll take that.

To not be competitive today, though, is very concerning.  I don't think they'll lose out, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

#22 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

FYI, it was recently announced that the Clemson game will be televised on ESPN.

@BSLZackKiesel

#23 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Well FSU drubbing Clemson certainly makes that loss look better.  I said after that game that it was more about FSU than MD.

And the UVA game, while closer than it should've been, was a win with a backup QB.  I'll take that.

To not be competitive today, though, is very concerning.  I don't think they'll lose out, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

It was a pretty likely loss to begin with and still is. However, I disagree with you, Clemson is likely out of the national title picture now, having lost to FSU in the fashion they did. I think they'd be more motivated by a chance to stay in the national championship picture.

@levineps

#24 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

FYI, it was recently announced that the Clemson game will be televised on ESPN.

With FSU beating Clemson, their recent three games, the injuries, this game is a lot less appealing than it was a month ago.

@levineps

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,532 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

It was a pretty likely loss to begin with and still is. However, I disagree with you, Clemson is likely out of the national title picture now, having lost to FSU in the fashion they did. I think they'd be more motivated by a chance to stay in the national championship picture.

He was saying MD's loss to FSU does not look as bad, considering Clemson's loss yesterday.

Clemson is not likely out of the National title picture, they are out. They will destroy MD Saturday though. Anything less than a 5 TD beating would be surprising.

#26 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

He was saying MD's loss to FSU does not look as bad, considering Clemson's loss yesterday.

Clemson is not likely out of the National title picture, they are out. They will destroy MD Saturday though. Anything less than a 5 TD beating would be surprising.

I'm usually quite conservative on these things when declaring things "over." After LSU got in as a two-loss team with that sequence of events, I refuse to declare a one-loss BCS team out at this point but you are very likely right.

@levineps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=