#1 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,364 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

I just posted my weekly preview of #8 Florida State, featuring a Q&A with ESPN writer David Hale. Check out my opponent preview and Keys to the Game as well.

http://baltimorespor...-florida-state/

• BSLChrisStoner and MKlein76 like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,557 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

Nice write-up, Zack, and good job with the Q&A, I enjoyed that. 

Definitely agree in that ball control is an important factor, given the obvious benefit of keeping that FSU offense off the field -  although with our offense, it seems rhythm is of the utmost importance, so they have to be careful not to lose their rhythm just to control the clock... that could be cutting off their nose to spite their face. 

I think ultimately, it's about executing our offense... whether it's in quick strikes, or long sustained drives, whatever it takes. We'll need 35-40 points to win this game, IMO, and we just have to be ourselves doing it.

I think the best way to "pressure" Winston, is to give him a sizable deficit to deal with, along with the added pressure that the Terps might keep adding to that deficit, which could force him into some mistakes. So with that said, I'd say winning the 1st half is one of my key's.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,480 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Definitely agree in that ball control is an important factor, given the obvious benefit of keeping that FSU offense off the field -  although with our offense, it seems rhythm is of the utmost importance, so they have to be careful not to lose their rhythm just to control the clock... that could be cutting off their nose to spite their face. 

I think ultimately, it's about executing our offense... whether it's in quick strikes, or long sustained drives, whatever it takes. We'll need 35-40 points to win this game, IMO, and we just have to be ourselves doing it.

I think the best way to "pressure" Winston, is to give him a sizable deficit to deal with, along with the added pressure that the Terps might keep adding to that deficit, which could force him into some mistakes. So with that said, I'd say winning the 1st half is one of my key's.

Agree with all of this. MD has to score consistently, from the opening drive on.  Some points, and a stop right away would be huge.

If you can play with a lead, or at-least stay within a score... the more pressure FSU will feel.

In my head, I've been thinking 41-27 FSU.... but it's fun looking forward to a MD game which matters. I think they have more than a puncher's chance.

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,364 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thanks, Chris, I appreciate it. I agree that the Terps will need to find a happy medium between clock control and tempo. Getting Nigel King back will be big, and should help the passing game against a very good FSU secondary. Nevertheless, it'll be an exciting game and I think the Terps can keep it close. I'm not big into predicting scores at all, but when two Top 25 teams are pinned against each other, a lot of things are possible.

@BSLZackKiesel

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,480 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Testudo Times: MD/FSU Preview
http://www.testudoti...a-state-preview

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner