#181 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

It's a fantastic goal. Just didn't hire the right coach to do so. 

Mike Leach?

@levineps

#182 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

You're kidding. Diggs got hurt by the grass?

#183 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Which realistic coach do you think they should've hired? KA had to defend the firing of a beloved COY with that line.

I mean do you honestly think Randy Edsall was the best option? I think that's the better question. Obviously looks like sour grapes talking about it now during his worst moment in the season. But I don't see any reason to think he's ever going to consistently beat top 25 teams because, well, he's done it what, once in his life? 

@PeterDiLutis

#184 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Mike Leach?

I honestly don't remember every candidate or hot assistant at the time. I would have rather taken a chance on a young, energetic guy at a smaller school like Wisconsin did with Anderson, etc. Of course Mike Leach was my #1 choice at the time. How about Gus Malzahn? 

@PeterDiLutis

#185 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Anyone counting the drops today?

#186 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

I mean do you honestly think Randy Edsall was the best option? I think that's the better question. Obviously looks like sour grapes talking about it now during his worst moment in the season. But I don't see any reason to think he's ever going to consistently beat top 25 teams because, well, he's done it what, once in his life? 

I'm hardly the biggest Edsall fan, but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect him to do better in that aspect than he did at UConn. KA has said he tried to get an NFL coach, but they didn't want to deal with the fundraising aspect. I get the whole "someone" could've done better than him, but I think we're probably saying the same thing today with someone else.

@levineps

#187 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I honestly don't remember every candidate or hot assistant at the time. I would have rather taken a chance on a young, energetic guy at a smaller school like Wisconsin did with Anderson, etc. Of course Mike Leach was my #1 choice at the time. How about Gus Malzahn? 

Gus Malzahn turned down Vandy (how Vandy got Franklin), I think MD might have inquired about him. Gary Anderson was a top choice at Wisconsin because they almost beat them earlier in the year. You could argue James Franklin, he's done a good job at Vandy.

@levineps

#188 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

One one hand that's boderline specious reasoning.  At some point all coaches haven't beaten Top 25 teams.  Gotta start somewhere.  Not making excuses nor am I saying that Edsall is gonna rip off a monster winning streak against Top 25 teams soon and is the savior of UMD football.  Just a somewhat lazy (and at this point tired) argument.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#189 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Anyone counting the drops today?

Too many?  Ha

#190 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Bottom line, we're not nearly as talented as they are, and we didn't execute. 

• Oriole85 likes this

#191 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Bottom line, we're not nearly as talented as they are, and we didn't execute. 

I think this is a good reality check. I'm not surprised it's not too close, although I didn't expect FSU to be this dominant. With the 4-0 start highlighted by the WVU shellacking, it was hard not to be optimistic. FSU is just the better team, it shouldn't be this bad though.

@levineps

#192 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

This 2nd half has essentially turned into a Winston-slobberfest for the announcers.

#193 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Biggest disappointment is that we had not 1, but 2 weeks to prepare for this and to crap the bed to this degree is, uh, we'll say unfortunate.

#194 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

@FSU_Football 74,909 announced attendance for the #Noles game today versus the Terps.” I shoulda been there!!!!!!!!

I got crushed by a certain someone on here for my crowd comment earlier, seats 82,300.

• Markus likes this
@levineps

#195 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts

I'm not surprised they lost this game. I'm not surprised (though disappointed) the score won't be close. I am very surprised at the way this team completely quit. They really should have just gone home at halftime the way they have represented themselves in the 2nd half. It really reminds me of how they played in 2011 when half the team was ready to mutiny. I'm not saying that there will be a bunch of transfers, or that this will for sure carry over the rest of the season....but the mindset of this team this concerns me right now.

#196 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Murphy's Law

#197 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts

I got crushed by a certain someone on here for my crowd comment earlier, seats 82,300.

Just let it go, man. You were right and made your point.

#198 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Winston needs to get his leg broken while FSU goes for 70....I'm sorry, I never root for injuries, but that's just karma.

#199 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Winston needs to get his leg broken while FSU goes for 70....I'm sorry, I never root for injuries, but that's just karma.

I mean, at this point, I get it.  But if anything it's on his coach more than it is him.  Fisher's still got him in there, still got them throwing passes.  Can't blame Winston for going in to play when he's not pulled yet nor be blamed for throwing on designed/called pass plays.

Of course the UMD defense is more than welcome to try to stop him at any point.

#200 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,477 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I mean, at this point, I get it.  But if anything it's on his coach more than it is him.  Fisher's still got him in there, still got them throwing passes.  Can't blame Winston for going in to play when he's not pulled yet nor be blamed for throwing on designed/called pass plays.

Of course the UMD defense is more than welcome to try to stop him at any point.

Oh I'm totally calling Fisher out, not Winston. Why is he still playing? What point is Fisher trying to make?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=