#1 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

In a great showing in Baltimore, the Terps took a hammer to West Virginia. It wasn't the prettiest of games, but it moved Maryland to 4-0 on the year, equaling their win total from last season. They have a bye week next week, giving them two weeks to prepare for one of the best teams in the country in Florida State. I think there's a good chance we see the Terps get a primetime slot in Tallahassee. 

http://baltimorespor...a-30-0-learned/

• Russ likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,494 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

I think the final score overshadowed what was not a great day for CJ Brown and the O-line, at least until that final drive when the game was all but over. But I'm willing to chalk some of that up to the weather and a much-improved WVU defense. There were a lot of false start penalties though....no excuses for that. They will definitely need to sharpen things up over the next 2 weeks though.

Not much you can say about the defense. They earned pretty much every accolade in the book.

#3 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, the O-Line was atrocious... WVU stacked it and took away his read option for the most part too. We can learn a lot from this game, even with a 37-0 win. Good time to go into the bye and prepare for FSU.

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

I expected MD to win today... and to point up points. But I'm pretty pleased with the defensive effort today. That was awesome.

#5 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think the final score overshadowed what was not a great day for CJ Brown and the O-line, at least until that final drive when the game was all but over. But I'm willing to chalk some of that up to the weather and a much-improved WVU defense. There were a lot of false start penalties though....no excuses for that. They will definitely need to sharpen things up over the next 2 weeks though.

Not much you can say about the defense. They earned pretty much every accolade in the book.

Agree about Brown and the O-line.  I'll chalk some of Brown's problems up to the weather, but he made a few really bad throws that nearly got his receivers killed.  He'll have to be much better if they want a chance to beat FSU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=