#101 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

I didn't get to see the game today. How did the CBs look? I see they shut WVU out, but stats don't always tell the whole story.

@levineps

#102 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,366 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I didn't get to see the game today. How did the CBs look? I see they shut WVU out, but stats don't always tell the whole story.

West Virginia WRs were a non-factor. Childress would look downfield, but would ultimately dump the ball off behind the line of scrimmage on 95% of his completed passes. There were no big pass plays whatsoever. The only big play WVU's offense had was the 51 yard run once the game was totally over. They were dominant. Obviously helped by the continuous pressure by the D-Line, but they played great zone defense. They tried their best to alter Childress' sightlines, and he was rattled by that all game long.

@BSLZackKiesel

#103 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

West Virginia WRs were a non-factor. Childress would look downfield, but would ultimately dump the ball off behind the line of scrimmage on 95% of his completed passes. There were no big pass plays whatsoever. The only big play WVU's offense had was the 51 yard run once the game was totally over. They were dominant. Obviously helped by the continuous pressure by the D-Line, but they played great zone defense. They tried their best to alter Childress' sightlines, and he was rattled by that all game long.

Again didn't see the game, but I don't understand why WVU didn't atleast try to exploit this.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=