• This topic is locked This topic is locked
358 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Cleveland lost their opener (at-home) to Miami 23-10.

Box score.

This game thread is brought to you c/o  MER39313_SPORT_LIFE-300x225.jpg

Click the logo above, or go directly to the link here - for 3 months FREE when you join Merritt Athletic Clubs, and see why they were Voted “BEST Gym in Baltimore!

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

I expect an ugly game. The Ravens will win, but they will scratch and claw to barely do so, probably thwarting a potential game-winning score by Cleveland at the very end. None of the concerns about the Ravens heading into this game will be alleviated, and no one will be particularly optimistic....but it will be a win in the division, so there's that.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think it won't be ugly. Ravens win 30-17.

Oher is OK and I think the Ravens emphasize the running game after Harbaugh's comments. Joe throws for around 250-300 and a pair of TD's.

Brandon Weeden sucks and if he has a big game against us, and/or we lose, I'll come back here and eat my words.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I expect a comfortable win, like Sean.  Maybe a bit lower scoring on both sides, though.

#5 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think it won't be ugly. Ravens win 30-17.

Oher is OK and I think the Ravens emphasize the running game after Harbaugh's comments. Joe throws for around 250-300 and a pair of TD's.

Brandon Weeden sucks and if he has a big game against us, and/or we lose, I'll come back here and eat my words.

What were Harbaugh's comments? Been in a cave this week. 

@PeterDiLutis

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

What were Harbaugh's comments? Been in a cave this week. 

That the running game was ineffective vs. Denver and needs to be more of a priority.

#7 ChrisWorthington

ChrisWorthington

HOF

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Gonna be tough to run against Cleveland. They totally stifled Miami's running game (and Miami has a pretty respectable o-line, generally speaking). Cleveland's inside linebackers are incredible athletes and I think it will be tough for Rice and Pierce to break big gains. 

That said, Cleveland also blitzed the crap out of Miami, and Tannehill easily picked them apart when they did. He hit his hot read repeatedly as Cleveland brought 5 and 6 blitzers. Joe should be alright if they blitz us that often.

Also, I haven't watched a ton of Weeden film, but I do know that two of the three picks last week were not really his fault. Both passes in question hit the receiver in the hands at chest-level and bounced straight up into a defender's waiting arms. The third pick, though, was totally on Weeden. A badly thrown deep ball into double coverage. Our secondary should be alright. Weeden relentlessly stares down his target and has trouble going to his second and third read. This will be like a day off compared to Manning. Only advantage Weeden has is his arm. He's got a cannon and can hit his receiver even if the guy is pretty tightly covered.

Ravens should win, but it won't be as clean as people want it to be. I'd imagine the pass-run ratio will be pretty tilted again, which may not make fans happy.

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Gonna be tough to run against Cleveland. They totally stifled Miami's running game (and Miami has a pretty respectable o-line, generally speaking). Cleveland's inside linebackers are incredible athletes and I think it will be tough for Rice and Pierce to break big gains. 

That said, Cleveland also blitzed the crap out of Miami, and Tannehill easily picked them apart when they did. He hit his hot read repeatedly as Cleveland brought 5 and 6 blitzers. Joe should be alright if they blitz us that often.

Also, I haven't watched a ton of Weeden film, but I do know that two of the three picks last week were not really his fault. Both passes in question hit the receiver in the hands at chest-level and bounced straight up into a defender's waiting arms. The third pick, though, was totally on Weeden. A badly thrown deep ball into double coverage. Our secondary should be alright. Weeden relentlessly stares down his target and has trouble going to his second and third read. This will be like a day off compared to Manning. Only advantage Weeden has is his arm. He's got a cannon and can hit his receiver even if the guy is pretty tightly covered.

Ravens should win, but it won't be as clean as people want it to be. I'd imagine the pass-run ratio will be pretty tilted again, which may not make fans happy.

Agreed. I don't think we will run the ball well again this week and will be inconsistent in the passing game.

I see a pretty ugly game unless there is some Def/ST scores. I have it as a 17-13 type game. I would bet heavily on the U 43.5.

#9 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Leaving  for the game in about a half hour and honestly do not know what to expect today.  I think the Ravens will make an all out effort to run the ball but I am concerned because RR is our only healthy RB.

Defensively we need to be better organized.  For those who did not think Ray Lewis would be missed ask yourself how many at the line adjustments did the Ravens make last week.

I am hoping the crowd fuels the Ravens today.   Go Ravens!!

@mikeghg

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm loving this JO Segment on the Ravens Kickoff show on CSN right now. He is the man.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

OgdenHOF is his new nickname, haha. Great stuff. 

#12 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Find it interesting that Ihedigbo is the guy doing the pregame speech in the middle of the team, like Ray used to do.

#13 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Let's make this a laugher!!

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Haha.

Dickson again can't come up with a catchable ball.  How else could the game start?

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Nice, terrible personal foul on Cleveland.  Free 15 yards!

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

Rice and Taylor really getting into it.  Been a couple minutes since the last play. 

#17 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

What a dumbass.

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Haden completely blanketing Torrey on an up and out attempt.  He's really good.

#19 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'd try a hard count with Browns D agitated

#20 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula