http://baltimorespor...e-bad-the-ugly/

#2 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,493 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

The Ugly: Some fans missed most of the 1st Quarter because ESPNEWS was showing the Toledo/Missouri game, which was scheduled to be on ESPNU. I assume the problem was that the USF/Michigan State game on ESPNU before that ran late, and Toledo/Missouri got priority until that game ended. Still, it sucks....and for the umpteenth time I cannot wait for next season with regard to TV coverage.

#3 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

The Ugly: Some fans missed most of the 1st Quarter because ESPNEWS was showing the Toledo/Missouri game, which was scheduled to be on ESPNU. I assume the problem was that the USF/Michigan State game on ESPNU before that ran late, and Toledo/Missouri got priority until that game ended. Still, it sucks....and for the umpteenth time I cannot wait for next season with regard to TV coverage.

Unfortunately, next week's game against UConn will only be available on ESPN3 online. WVU game is sure to be televised though.

@BSLZackKiesel

#4 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,493 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Unfortunately, next week's game against UConn will only be available on ESPN3 online. WVU game is sure to be televised though.

Yeah, I guarantee the WVU game is on TV. And if WVU beats Oklahoma today, and based on a general lack of other attractive matchups that week, it could get one of the better broadcast slots.

#5 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

I missed the game but apparently, and I'm not saying anything everybody doesn't already know, Diggs is an absolute beast.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

I missed the game but apparently, and I'm not saying anything everybody doesn't already know, Diggs is an absolute beast.

Yeah. Best player at Maryland since I've been watching. Incredible talent. Glad we get him for another year after this one.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#7 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Yeah. Best player at Maryland since I've been watching. Incredible talent. Glad we get him for another year after this one.

Better than Vernon Davis?

@DJ_McCann

#8 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

There's no doubt in my mind that Stefon Diggs will be in talks for a Heisman at least by next season, perhaps this season if he keeps this up. But playing in the Big Ten will give him huge exposure and the Heisman voters will take note. 

On a similar note, it'll be interesting to see how C.J. Brown performs against higher competition. He had the best QB rating in the country in Week 1, and I don't think he could have been much worse this week. He's already accounted for 9 TDs this season.

@BSLZackKiesel

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

Much better. Davis barely played as a true freshman. He showed up as a Sophomore and was pretty good. As a junior, he was very, very good. 

Diggs was very, very good as a true freshman, and the arrow is still pointing up. 

Davis was a beast, no doubt - but he was more impressive than the weight room.

#10 Luke Jackson

Luke Jackson
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

If he stays healthy -- and that's a big if -- Diggs has a shot to be a top 10-15 pick in 2015. He could be looked at as a Tavon Austin type but with better size. That's a hell of a player.

After the first game, I thought the offense would have a chance to score a lot of points this year because the combination of having playmakers on the perimeter and a quarterback that can move well typically results in points in college football. For someone like Brown whose arm talent is meh, maybe it helps to be able to get the ball to his playmakers near the line of scrimmage and let them take over from there. Linebackers have to respect Brown's ability to run, so perhaps that helps open up patterns across the middle of the field for Diggs and Long. It just opens up so many things on offense when there are guys on the perimeter that can create on their own. 

Seemed like Ross and Reid were running hard, but Maryland's o-line was overwhelming ODU's front seven. My biggest concern about the offense is the quality and the depth of the o-line and that'll be tested come ACC time.

It's nice to see the Terps clean up against competition that they should clean up against. Remember last year when they barely beat W&M and the year before that where they barely beat Towson? Blowing out these opponents also gives the coaching staff an opportunity to get second and third stringers some experience. There will be injuries and it's best that the backups have some time under their belts.

I do wonder how last year would've gone had Brown been healthy. This year is essentially a reboot after the quarterback disaster last year, so maybe this year's team is sorta what last year's team SHOULD have looked like. They had some quality vets on defense last year and it's a shame that they couldn't even get to a bowl game because a linebacker was at QB.

@BSLLukeJackson

#11 Luke Jackson

Luke Jackson
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

Much better. Davis barely played as a true freshman. He showed up as a Sophomore and was pretty good. As a junior, he was very, very good. 

Diggs was very, very good as a true freshman, and the arrow is still pointing up. 

Davis was a beast, no doubt - but he was more impressive than the weight room.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=32_hcukg3nU

@BSLLukeJackson

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=32_hcukg3nU

Haha, I remember that. Filthy. 

#13 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Off-topic a bit, but wanted to let everyone know that the WVU game will be played at 3:30 PM at M&T Bank Stadium, and will be televised on the ESPN/ABC family of networks.

@BSLZackKiesel

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Yes.

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

If he stays healthy -- and that's a big if -- Diggs has a shot to be a top 10-15 pick in 2015. He could be looked at as a Tavon Austin type but with better size. That's a hell of a player.

I'd say better than a shot.  I'd be surprised if he isn't a 1st round pick, and top-10 is definitely doable. 

#16 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'd say better than a shot.  I'd be surprised if he isn't a 1st round pick, and top-10 is definitely doable. 

Between Diggs and Long, the Terps probably have two 1st-round NFL picks at WR. I know most people don't talk about Long, but I've seen many scouts laud him as 1st-round NFL talent.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=