#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Feel really good about today. Very good showing. This O could make waves.

#3 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Just got back from Byrd Stadium. Atmosphere was pretty good for a game against FIU. I sat in the 200s, and there were a good number of people there. Student section was packed for the 1st half, not so much after halftime.

I knew it might take awhile for the offense to get going, but obviously once they did it was awesome to watch. As I've been saying all along, this offense has the potential to be extremely good as long as the offensive line can hold their own. Even though I heard all the reports about C.J. Brown's arm, it was awesome to see how much he really has improved in all facets of his game. He's able to throw the ball accurately and quickly, and seems to have great chemistry with Diggs and Long. 

Obviously William Likely's first punt return was bad, but he made up for it with two very good special teams tackles in the 2nd half. The defensive line really stood out, and the entire defense looks to be just as good as last season when they were one of the better units in the country. 

One interesting piece moving forward will be Jacquille Veii. If he can keep performing like he did today, he could push for playing time at running back and/or wideout. Overall, a great win for the Terps. Just have to keep it rolling against a good ODU team.

@BSLZackKiesel

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, Im still not buying CJ Brown as a legit QB.

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, Im still not buying CJ Brown as a legit QB.

Maybe that's why they got Caleb some good time? I have my doubts also.

#6 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Love me some CJB.  He's going to be just fine. 

Lots of talent on this team.  Glad to see them dominate as they should.  The lines will keep them from being real conference contenders, but I think they should be able to get to a bowl game.  The first year in the B1G could be very interesting, especially if Brown can stay healthy.

• BSLChrisStoner and mdak06 like this

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Love me some CJB.  He's going to be just fine. 

Lots of talent on this team.  Glad to see them dominate as they should.  The lines will keep them from being real conference contenders, but I think they should be able to get to a bowl game.  The first year in the B1G could be very interesting, especially if Brown can stay healthy.

That's true. I keep forgetting that Brown was granted the additional year of eligibility. That's huge.

#8 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I was at that game, too.  Fans pretty much left around half-time.  Terps played fantastic in the first half, but I was surprised/disappointed that they couldn't or chose not to keep that momentum for the first second half.  

As for the fumbled punt return in the first half, I am going to assume that was either because he took his eyes off the ball for a second (as The Sun paper said), or that he didn't adjust for the wind.  The wind might have caused the ball to go further than expected.

@mrbeanage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=