#181 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

I expect Doss to make and and Mellette will be PSed. Lets remember that Mellette was in Harbaughs doghouse just a week and a half ago, even after the nice catch in the 1st preseason game. He didn't make the most of his opportunities tonight. SO between getting off to a bad start as a practice player and not showing up tonight in his chance to show something when the spotlight was on working with the 1st team I just don't think he'll make the team. As far as I know he doesn't bring anything on ST.

On the other hand, obviously Brown has made a real impression tonight. One last time, I'll still say I'd like the team to go out and find a vet to put on the outside opposite Torrey. I do think Stokley will do his job fine working the slot.

I don't think they risk losing Mellette...no reason he can't make it.

#182 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

I expect Doss to make and and Mellette will be PSed. Lets remember that Mellette was in Harbaughs doghouse just a week and a half ago, even after the nice catch in the 1st preseason game. He didn't make the most of his opportunities tonight. SO between getting off to a bad start as a practice player and not showing up tonight in his chance to show something when the spotlight was on working with the 1st team I just don't think he'll make the team. As far as I know he doesn't bring anything on ST.

On the other hand, obviously Brown has made a real impression tonight. One last time, I'll still say I'd like the team to go out and find a vet to put on the outside opposite Torrey. I do think Stokley will do his job fine working the slot.

I wonder if they're KILLING THEMSELVES for not keeping Boldin honestly at this point....(couldn't have predicted Pitta's injury obviously).

• SammyBirdland likes this
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#183 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Looks like we're going to put up our second 40-burger of the preseason.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#184 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

They will not be able to hide Rainey on the PS this year. He has to make this team.

Easily makes it over Anthony Allen IMO.

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#185 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Well I'll never doubt Tyrod Taylor's heart.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#186 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Justin Tucker is absolute MONEY!  He's so money he doesn't even know it!  Okay...maybe he does.

@therealjfisher

#187 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Kuechly reminds me of...dare I say...Ray Lewis!

Only if he has a serious case of Vitiligo :-) He also seems to be a lead by example guy, which I love. Don't get me wrong, I loved Ray but the last couple of years he became more of a character than an impact player!

#188 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Easily makes it over Anthony Allen IMO.

Allen is a beast on ST...he is definitely making the team. But he may be one of those ST only spots.

#189 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't think they risk losing Mellette...no reason he can't make it.

This is where I am also!

#190 Cisc-O's

Cisc-O's

Back by no demand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationFresh Prince of .......

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Does Rainey make the Jones contract look dumb or is it just me?

<p>I am pretty sure Shack is thinking of PBR.

#191 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

He kicked him in the nuts!
  • SammyBirdland and fishteacher like this

#192 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Oh! Oh HELL no! You do NOT kick a guy there!

@DJ_McCann

#193 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Wow, that dude got ejected for that? But Brady on Ed Reed was no big deal.
  • SportsGuy and Pedro Cerrano like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#194 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Rule 134.b states that it is expressly prohibited to kick a player in the huevos.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#195 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Smith is lucky this is a preseason game. In a regular season game he'd have a beer chucked at him in that tunnel.

@DJ_McCann

#196 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

This is where I am also!

I really liked Doss that first year we had him.

However, he hasn't impressed in games...he hasn't been a great practice player and he has struggled this preseason.

I definitely prefer Mellette and his potential upside to what Doss has shown.

#197 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wow, that dude got ejected for that? But Brady on Ed Reed was no big deal.

The league needs to follow the rules equally for both men and women.

• DJ MC, fishteacher and Mike in STL like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#198 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

He kicked him in the nuts!

layWzUb.jpg

@therealjfisher

#199 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm guessing if I had BSL attached to my name you'd say different.  I spend my days teaching NON-PUBLIC high school students higher level mathematics than most brains could probably begin to handle, so thinking critically, solving problems, and taking life seriously is what I do all day long.  After, I spend it as a dedicated husband and father, soccer coach, and Orioles and Ravens FAN.  Life pulls me 3,000 different ways every day, so I don't get to do all the intricate detailed research about every single player in our farm system.  I don't remember EVERY single aquisition that has been made over the last 36 years of my life, nor do I have "insider info and connections" like some have in the Warehouse or in M&T as some on here actually do, which is pretty cool.  If I did, it'd be awesome, and I'd drop more "true knowledge".  My life is stress and thinking critically all day long, so when I get on this message board, it is to chat with other Orioles fans (since there's not many in the Harrisburg area other than a few and contrary to your beliefs I don't spend most of my nights in a bar or drinking). 

I have FUN on the board, offering stupid crude jokes, stupid GIFs that either bring back memories or make people laugh.  I joke mainly wiht Ricker about getting hammered...it's a schtick!  Your schtick is that you like to stroke your own ego about the fact that you predicted this and that and the other thing so you can sound like a genius later...

Here's my prediction....we win back-to-back super bowls, because at some point, something's going to click right just as it did last year, and we're going to tear the house down based on guts.  Now, if we don't I'll just look like many others who predict we'll win it...if we do, I guess I'll feel like you, but only thinking positive. 

So, Nickle, maybe you should look in the mirror and ask  yourself THIS QUESTION:

What do I (YOU) honestly offer besides synicism night after night and "Johnny Come Lately" rants about how terrible our team(s) are? 

Please don't hate me forever....my heart couldn't handle that.

Good for you and whoever you really are and what you do in your everyday life.

I'm just commenting on "fishteacher" the poster and I stand by what I said. I'm not a fan of schtick, in particular your kind,  and especially the way you've come at me. Very disrespectful and you hide behind that schtick and handle to attack me.

What do I bring?? If you read everything I post I bring much more than what you say I only offer and not only that but I do it being myself. No handle. No BS. No schtick. But you don't know me, you don't read everything I post . You pick out only what you want of the stuff I post and when it fits that perception you have of me you make some backhanded insulting comment or post some disrespectful  Gif or video.

#200 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,887 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

Rule 134.b states that it is expressly prohibited to kick a player in the huevos.

I like that the rule book is bilingual.

@therealjfisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=