HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

CBS Sports: NBA releases 2013-2014 schedule

http://www.cbssports...14-nba-schedule

The season kicks off Tuesday, October 29th as Miami hosts the Chicago Bulls in Derrick Rose's expected return to the court. Then it's the Battle of LA as the Lakers host the Clippers. It could be the return of Kobe Bryant from his Achilles injury he suffered last spring, and will be the regular season debut of Doc Rivers as the Clippers' newest head coach.

On the NBA's biggest regular season day, Christmas Day, starts with the Nets hosting Chicago, followed by the scoring-champ rematch of Carmelo Anthony vs. Kevin Durant as the Thunder visit Madison Square Garden to face the Knicks. Then in the main event, the Heat play the Lakers at Staples Center. Dwight Howard joins the Christmas fun as the Rockets travel to San Antonio to face the Spurs. And in the night cap, the Clippers visit Oracle Arena to take on Steph Curry and the Warriors.

Monday, January 20th continues the NBA's tradition of making Martin Luther King Jr. Day a huge basketball event, with four games on the schedule. Brooklyn travels across the bridge to take on the Knicks at Madison Square Garden, followed by the Grizzlies hosting the Pelicans, the Lakers taking on the Bulls at the United Center, and the Pacers facing the Warriors in the bay to cap off the night.

@levineps

#2 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Pelicans open at home vs the Pacers. Might try and check that out.

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

I can't believe Houston at Lakers isn't on XMas. Nobody wants to see Miami beat a Kobe-less Laker team by 25.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

The Lakers shouldn't be on many national TV games; they aren't any good and Kobe is likely to miss some time.

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

I may have to get league pass but I can't stand that all the games aren't in HD. Ridiculous IMO.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Definitely seem to be rolling the dice on Kobe with the early national TV appearances. Without him, and even with Pau, the Lakers won't be very good and will lack the star power as well to bring in their usual viewership. But I guess the thinking is that, at least so far as Christmas, the Heat plus the fact there is no other sporting event on at the same time, will draw eyeballs no matter the opponent.

#7 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Definitely seem to be rolling the dice on Kobe with the early national TV appearances. Without him, and even with Pau, the Lakers won't be very good and will lack the star power as well to bring in their usual viewership. But I guess the thinking is that, at least so far as Christmas, the Heat plus the fact there is no other sporting event on at the same time, will draw eyeballs no matter the opponent.

I think the Lakers are a big enough brand among casual fans, which is what they are really after. And LeBron (and the Heat) will draw regardless of the opponent like you said.

@levineps

#8 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

I may have to get league pass but I can't stand that all the games aren't in HD. Ridiculous IMO.

Yeah, no excuse for that.

#9 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

While I haven't looked at the big games yet, I'm guessing the prime time games involving the Wiz are between slim and none still.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#10 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

While I haven't looked at the big games yet, I'm guessing the prime time games involving the Wiz are between slim and none still.

They'll be the flexible games, I'm guessing.

@levineps

#11 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Bullets Forever: 2013-14 NBA schedule release: Wizards only have one national TV game

http://www.bulletsfo...rds-national-tv

One more than we thought- Feb. 7 against the Cavs at home. Unless you count NBA TV...

(Note: the Wizards are on NBATV five times -- December 2 vs. Orlando, December 9 vs. Denver, December 27 at Minnesota, January 13 at Chicago and April 12 vs. Milwaukee -- but I don't consider those true national TV games).

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=