168 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

Kluber vs. Gonzalez

This Game Thread is brought to you c/o The Comedy Factory.

Print out the attached file/coupon, and you can receive 1 FREE ticket to the following shows:

Attached File  BSLAdmit1Free.jpg   204.86K   12 downloads

Jermaine Fowler & Kevin Barnett

July 5th: 8pm & 10:15PM

July 6th: 7pm & 11:15PM

As shown on the file/coupon, you have to present it at the Box Office. There is a 2 drink minimum. Minimum Age 21+, Must arrive 30 minutes+ prior to show time.

**If you can't use the coupon, see if you can find someone that can!**

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm gonna say it. Must win game.

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Season over if we lose?

@levineps

#4 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Season over if we lose?
You know it. :D

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

It feels like a bigger game after losing so many recently, but they were only two games above 500 last July 16th. There's so much season left. It would suck to lose 3 of 4 to Cleveland at home, but they are better than people are giving them credit for IMO.

• BobPhelan likes this
@levineps

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

It feels like a bigger game after losing so many recently, but they were only two games above 500 last July 16th. There's so much season left. It would suck to lose 3 of 4 to Cleveland at home, but they are better than people are giving them credit for IMO.
Of course, of course. But I do want to win this game fairly badly.

#7 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Do I bring my kid to this game considering what the weather's supposed to be like???

I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

It'll get played, but will probably be some delays.

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Do I bring my kid to this game considering what the weather's supposed to be like???

Keep checking the forecast as it gets closer, make an educated guess, then decide if you want to take a chance. Weather.com, professional forecasters, etc have been wrong on numerous occasions. Since this is the Indians only series this year, it will likely be played, even if it has to be delayed.

@levineps

#10 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Of course, of course. But I do want to win this game fairly badly.

No doubt. I'm with you for sure. One of the things I love most about baseball... get a chance to put an ugly one behind you the next day.

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Weather.com sucks balls!

Use accuweather or call a psychic.  Both far better methods than weather.com.

#12 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

The offense feels overdue for a 8- or 9-run outburst tonight.

#13 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

FWIW, the Nats announced that the start of their game tonight has been delayed (and yes, they are play at home).

@levineps

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

FWIW, the Nats announced that the start of their game tonight has been delayed (and yes, they are play at home).

Damn, that's an early call.

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

BWT, I might be imagining this, but didn't, at first, the O's OR the Nats be at home? I could have sworn that at first that was part of the agreement, that they couldn't have home games on the same date. Somewhere along the line that changed though.

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

BWT, I might be imagining this, but didn't, at first, the O's OR the Nats be at home? I could have sworn that at first that was part of the agreement, that they couldn't have home games on the same date. Somewhere along the line that changed though.

Imagining things.  That would be nearly impossible for MLB to pull off.

#17 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

Damn, that's an early call.

Apparently the start of their game was supposed to be 4. I was thinking the same thing when I first read it.

@levineps

#18 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

I seriously doubt that there's an agreement to do that. However, I would assume that the schedulers try to make it so that they are split home/road as much as possible.

They don't do it in other cities. Exhibit A would be last season when I went to New York for the Braves vs. Yankees and Orioles vs. Mets day-night, two-ballpark doubleheader.

@DJ_McCann

#19 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

They generally speaking play at home at opposite times just like the NY/LA/ Bay Area teams. The first year of the Nats, I don't think it was too uncommon since they were playing with the Montrael schedule. I'm guessing they have about 10-15 home games overlap per year, and it's usually a single day not an entire series. Example: Nats end a homestand on Monday, O's begin one on Monday. This is one of those rare ones, where they overlap the entire series (Nats were off Monday).

A lot of the venders such as Clancy and Howard work at both parks, so it's nice for them to not overlap so much. I'm not sure how much, it takes away from their respective audiences when they overlap. I'd imagine very minimal, I don't know how many people (not corporations) have season ticket packages to both but I'm guessing not many. When the Nats first came, I think many of their fans were still following the O's on a more active basis, when they moved to Nats Park, I believe that changed. At this point, I think you have a primary rooting interest.

@levineps

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Gotcha - Thanks guys, just figured I'd ask - not sure where I got that from. I guess I made it up because by and large they don't play at home on the same days. I figured the NY thing was just because of how mammoth a city it is. But yeah, it being baseball, makes it all but impossible even if that is the intent. (And it probably is to a certain degree)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=