Photo

Game 70: 6/16 O's vs. Boston Happy Father's Day!

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,288 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Lester vs. Gonzalez

#2 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

I know this is late and I know this is in todays thread when it pertains to yesterdays. But I worked at the bar last night and didn't get a chance to comment. I wanted someone's opinion on the matter.

Also didn't get a chance to read the previous thread. It looked very long.

Why didint Buck PH Dickerson for Flaherty? Flaherty sucks so bad, and I don't know why he starts over anyone else. He should have pinch hit Dickerson for Flaherty which meant Casilla could have taken over at 2b had the Os tied the game. If Casilla didn't run for Hardy.

Why pinch run Casilla for Hardy with one out? Then there is no defensive replacement option for Flaherty, meanwhile, Dickerson was going to PH for Teagarden? Meaning Wieters would move to catcher from DH and a pitcher would have to bat in the DH spot , the 6 spot, had they tied the game.

Casilla probably thought there was two outs and didn't tag up, because why else would he be in the game pinch running from first with one out, because that is dumb unless you're a legit threat to steal 2nd, which no one is except Mclouth.

No excuse for the loss. Casilla needs to know how many outs. One of those we'll point to if the Os fall a game short of Boston in the AL east come seasons end.

@BSLMikeRandall

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I know this is late and I know this is in todays thread when it pertains to yesterdays. But I worked at the bar last night and didn't get a chance to comment. I wanted someone's opinion on the matter.

Also didn't get a chance to read the previous thread. It looked very long.

Why didint Buck PH Dickerson for Flaherty? Flaherty sucks so bad, and I don't know why he starts over anyone else. He should have pinch hit dickerson for flaherty which meant casilla could have taken over at 2b had the Os tied the game. If casilla didn't run for Hardy.

Why pinch run casilla for hardy with one out? Then there is no defensive replacement option for flaherty, meanwhile, dickerson was going to PH for teagarden? Meaning wieters would move to catcher from DH and a pitcher would have to bat in the DH spot , the 6 spot, had they tied the game.

Casilla probably thought there was two outs and didn't tag up, because why else would he be in the game pinch running from first with one out, becuase that is dumb unlesss you're a legit threat to steal 2nd, which no one is except Mclouth.

No excuse for the loss. Casilla needs to know how many outs. One of those we'll point to if the Os fall a game short of Boston in the AL east come seasons end.

At that point, you're just playing to stay in the game. What you need to do in extras is somewhat secondary. You can't get to B without going through A. Casilla gives you a significantly better chance than Hardy to score on a ball hit into the gap (maybe too good judging from the base running blunder). Flaherty btw had a typical for him long fly foul ball, so sticking with him didn't look so bad.

I thought the same thing. However, Casilla said he got a bad read on it and didn't think it could be caught.

While it's easy to blame Casilla for the loss and I was very furious with him don't get me wrong, we were losing when that happened with one out and a runner on first. Hardly a gimme.

• Mike in STL likes this
@levineps

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm looking forward to going to the game today, anyone else spending Father's Day there?

@levineps

#5 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Yeah I'll be there. I haven't seen a win since Arrieta's debut and I go to 3-5 per year lol.

#6 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'd have left Flaherty in. He's been hitting the ball hard lately...and he did there, too. Worst comes to worst, he strikes out, and up comes Dickerson. 

The other option is Dickerson/Valencia in the 8-9, which I guess would sound like the better option, but then Valencia would have to play second in extras?

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

The 70th game of the season already... crazy how quick it's gone. Time flies when you're having fun!

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

The 70th game of the season already... crazy how quick it's gone. Time flies when you're having fun!

Fun!!

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

Pops up Nava to get through a quick 1-2-3 inning. Let's go bats!!

#10 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Did we finally beat Lester last year??

#11 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Nick is really struggling right now.

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Did we finally beat Lester last year??

Yep... September 21st last year... he gave up 4 runs in 7 innings, we beat them 4-2... http://www.baseball-...201209210.shtml

#13 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Surprise. Another double for Manny.

#14 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Another. Freaking. Double!

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Throw his ass out, this is ridiculous.

#16 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

A McLouthless lineup makes me sad.

@DaKittenz

#17 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

How is it that the youngest guy on our team is also probably, aside from maybe McLouth, our most mature hitter at the plate?

#18 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

A McLouthless lineup makes me sad.

Until Pearce or Valencia park one in the LF seats today.

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Wow I wish they did that when I was a kid.

#20 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I just love watching Miguel Gonzalez pitch. He may or may not be for real, but what a pleasure it is for us to watch this guy pitch. Our rotation will look sweet once Chen is back healthy and if/when Hammel can return to form. Chen, Tillman, Gonzalez, and Hammel could be a nasty 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=