#2 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Great series of interviews. I really enjoyed reading what the national media thinks of Maryland. It really seems like there is something special going on in College Park, and it's going to be really exciting to cover this team on a regular basis over the next few years.

@BSLZackKiesel

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Bump. We've received comments from Stewart Mandel from Sports Illustrated, and have updated the post to include his thoughts.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Any other feed-back here? Where do you agree, disagree with the Analysts?

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

I agree with a couple of them who said that the switch to the Big Ten may not be as big of a step up from the ACC in terms of actual talent that some may think. However, the level of commitment to football is far greater overall in that conference than in the ACC. And if UM wants to be able to recruit the players they will need to compete, they will need to continue investing more and more resources into the football program.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I agree with a couple of them who said that the switch to the Big Ten may not be as big of a step up from the ACC in terms of actual talent that some may think. However, the level of commitment to football is far greater overall in that conference than in the ACC. And if UM wants to be able to recruit the players they will need to compete, they will need to continue investing more and more resources into the football program.

Think you nailed it BOB.  I'm glad to see the locker-room is being improved. MD seems to making some improvements, one step at a time, but a larger push across the board (the University, their backers) is still needed.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,291 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

CBS Sports: Vegas Odds
http://www.cbssports...n-odds-released

MD projected to finish 3rd in the ACC Atlantic.

#8 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

CBS Sports: Vegas Odds
http://www.cbssports...n-odds-released

MD projected to finish 3rd in the ACC Atlantic.

That's fair. I would see that as a win, but I also think that this team has the talent (especially on offense) to compete with anyone in the ACC. Realistically, a 6-7 win season would be considered a great stepping stone to bigger and better things. This team is young, and will have very few graduating senior starters this season.

@BSLZackKiesel

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,497 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

That's not bad. I could see them finishing anywhere from 3rd to 6th in the division (FSU and Clemson have too much talent not to be picked as the top two, and I think Syracuse will struggle without Marrone/Nassib). So 3rd in the Atlantic would be a success in my book and should mean 7 wins, maybe even 8. And as I've said, anything less than 6 wins is going to be a disappointment and will certainly make things uncomfortable for Edsall.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=