#1 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

http://www.usatoday....urgery/2134329/

You have to wonder how this affects his draft status.

#2 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

http://www.usatoday....urgery/2134329/

You have to wonder how this affects his draft status.

It sure doesn't help, I still think he made the right move.

@levineps

#3 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I would think it won't effect his stock too much, unless there's any reason to think that maybe he's going to be a regular injury concern, but like Madison said, it doesn't help. I'd think that any team drafting Len understands that he's going to be a couple year project, so an injury shouldn't scare them too much. And I also agree, correct move on his part to enter the draft. This is definitely a weak overall class.

@AdamWolff

#4 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

I would think it won't effect his stock too much, unless there's any reason to think that maybe he's going to be a regular injury concern, but like Madison said, it doesn't help. I'd think that any team drafting Len understands that he's going to be a couple year project, so an injury shouldn't scare them too much. And I also agree, correct move on his part to enter the draft. This is definitely a weak overall class.

Only reason it should scare teams off is if they are thinking he'd make a short-term impact. But like you said in that case, you probably don't draft him to begin with. Still not the best site on Draft Night with him on crutches, in a cast, etc.

@levineps

#5 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

He'll be playing in Europe by 2016.

@BSLMikeRandall

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

He'll be playing in Europe by 2016.

Possibly, but he'll still be seeing decent money the next few seasons. Would one more season in college prevent him from ending up in Europe in that scenario, doubtful. There's no question IMO he's making the right decision going pro.

@levineps

#7 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

He's making the best decision for himself - right now. I can't fault the kid for leaving when he's been told he could be a top ten pick. Of course the timing of the injury  or should I say his choice to have surgery may or may not help with where he lands on draft night.

I find it interesting that most mocks still have him top ten and ahead of Zeller and Plumblee.That's the NBA for you.

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Possibly, but he'll still be seeing decent money the next few seasons. Would one more season in college prevent him from ending up in Europe in that scenario, doubtful. There's no question IMO he's making the right decision going pro.

Can't blame him either. If its written that teams are interested, go get that money. If a team wanted to give me millions to play basketball, i'd quit my job to take it, even though I'm not good at it. 

OK. Len isn't a terrible player, but he gets out played by guys six inches shorter who will be "going pro in something other than sports". Whats he going to do when he faces strong seven footers every night? 

He's making the right choice. But the team that picks him isn't.

@BSLMikeRandall

#9 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Can't blame him either. If its written that teams are interested, go get that money. If a team wanted to give me millions to play basketball, i'd quit my job to take it, even though I'm not good at it. 

OK. Len isn't a terrible player, but he gets out played by guys six inches shorter who will be "going pro in something other than sports". Whats he going to do when he faces strong seven footers every night? 

He's making the right choice. But the team that picks him isn't.

I agree with your assessment here.

Like you said, if you are offered millions to play basketball, you take that in a heartbeat. And that's what I think this comes down to in many cases. When you have a chance to make life-changing $$$, you almost always do it.

It's easy for many of us to say -- stay in school, develop your game, you could be part of something "special"(one of the dumbest college sports cliches). Anything can happen at any time, I don't think someone in Len's position gained more personally or professionally by coming back. He would've been much more likely IMO to significantly drop.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=