Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

BSL: Terps Post-Spring Depth Chart

http://baltimorespor...ng-depth-chart/

In this article, I break down the Terps' post-spring depth chart and what positional battles to watch for this fall. There is a ton of talent on this team, and they are definitely moving in the right direction. There is a link to the official depth chart at the top of the article.

• BSLChrisStoner, Adam Wolff and Greg Pappas like this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Great breakdown Zack. I'm one of our more less informed Terps football fans here, really trying to get into closely following a college football team, so stuff like this helps it be a bit less overwhelming. Good stuff!

@AdamWolff

#3 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Great breakdown Zack. I'm one of our more less informed Terps football fans here, really trying to get into closely following a college football team, so stuff like this helps it be a bit less overwhelming. Good stuff!

I just started following them really in-depth a few years ago. It really helps me enjoy the games when I know the stories behind the players and how they got to where they are. Glad you enjoyed it!

@BSLZackKiesel

#4 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Excellent update and greatly appreciated Zack! I'm a life-long Terps fan, and it's awesome to have this sort of coverage, especially with the impending B1G switch.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#5 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Good stuff Zack.

Glad to hear about the depth at RB, but I hope one of them steps up and proves to be the #1 RB. I hate guessing games in terms of constantly rotating guys in and out of situations. Do some of them have specific skill sets that differentiate them, or are they similar type of backs? IE: 3rd & short back, 3 down back, catching ability, etc. Just trying to get a better feel for this.

Also, I'll be rooting for Isaacs to have a big freshman year. I know Furstenburg never truly impressed from a #'s standpoint, but I still liked him. 

As an aside, I'm surprised they didn't go in a different direction with PK this year. Craddock was so bad last year. I realize it was his first year in organized football, but I'll be very anxious to see if he's made the adjustments between his ears in Y2. (Looking at his #'s from last year, I may be being a bit too harsh here... 10/16 isn't truly awful, and he did hit a 52 yarder)

#6 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Good stuff Zack.

Glad to hear about the depth at RB, but I hope one of them steps up and proves to be the #1 RB. I hate guessing games in terms of constantly rotating guys in and out of situations. Do some of them have specific skill sets that differentiate them, or are they similar type of backs? IE: 3rd & short back, 3 down back, catching ability, etc. Just trying to get a better feel for this.

Also, I'll be rooting for Isaacs to have a big freshman year. I know Furstenburg never truly impressed from a #'s standpoint, but I still liked him. 

As an aside, I'm surprised they didn't go in a different direction with PK this year. Craddock was so bad last year. I realize it was his first year in organized football, but I'll be very anxious to see if he's made the adjustments between his ears in Y2. (Looking at his #'s from last year, I may be being a bit too harsh here... 10/16 isn't truly awful, and he did hit a 52 yarder)

I'll actually be doing a series of articles documenting each running back in the competition, so keep an eye out for that. As for kicker, Craddock was a freshman last season trying to get used to living in a new country, and going to college in the United States. On top of all of that, he was expected to be the starting kicker for an ACC team. I think he's more comfortable in his situation now, and should be fine. If not, they'll have Brendan Magistro (sophomore) and Adam Greene (2-star preferred walk-on) ready to go as his backups.

@BSLZackKiesel

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'll actually be doing a series of articles documenting each running back in the competition, so keep an eye out for that. As for kicker, Craddock was a freshman last season trying to get used to living in a new country, and going to college in the United States. On top of all of that, he was expected to be the starting kicker for an ACC team. I think he's more comfortable in his situation now, and should be fine. If not, they'll have Brendan Magistro (sophomore) and Adam Greene (2-star preferred walk-on) ready to go as his backups.

Yeah, it was a quite a year for Craddock, and it's a great story - so I'm rooting for him. Hopefully he shows up and is sharp in camp/scrimmages though.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

There is some good skill position returning, and I do think the defense can be relatively solid; but the O-line issues, and the D-line departures are scary.

• BSLMikeLowe likes this

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

There is some good skill position returning, and I do think the defense can be relatively solid; but the O-line issues, and the D-line departures are scary.

It seems like a tired refrain for Terps teams in recent years, but the lines on both sides would again seem to be the biggest question mark/weak link. With some of the skill position players they've had, if they could only nail down those two units I'd expect that the program could really reach its potential, even with the shortcomings we've seen at QB for most of the past 10 seasons.

As for Craddock, his overall numbers don't look so bad. But you have to look beyond the basic numbers. He missed two extra-points, and a couple short-range FGs that were the difference-makers two games (NCSU, BC) and another makeable FG that could have made a difference in another game (WVU). The kid definitely has a leg, but unless he can build up some trust and show some consistency with the basics, I would limit him to the kickoffs and long-range FGs, and let Magistro handle the extra-points and short stuff.

#10 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

ESPN: Post Spring Wrap
http://espn.go.com/b...d-spring-wrap-3

#11 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,269 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Testudo Times: Profile on Andre Monroe
http://www.testudoti...on-andre-monroe

Monroe coming back and playing at a high level is something that needs to happen for MD.

#12 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Testudo Times: Profile on Andre Monroe
http://www.testudoti...on-andre-monroe

Monroe coming back and playing at a high level is something that needs to happen for MD.

Agreed. He's got great potential, and he and Keith Bowers should be a force this season at DE.

@BSLZackKiesel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=