• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

http://baltimorespor...und-for-ravens/

Offense?

Defense?

Trade up or down?

I'm still not sure. While I make up my mind put your choices down below.

• BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this

#2 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Resigning McKinnie for a single (and final) season would be ideal, as it would allow the Ravens to take a potential long term answer in Watson, and let him learn behind the veteran.

As you mentioned, Ozzie likes to wheel and deal, and I suspect that sliding down will (again) come into play. If he stays put, it's because a player he covets has fallen into his lap... a situation that's quite possible.

Regardless of whether they pick at 32, 37, or 42, Oz will get a contributor.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

I think the Ravens go defense in the first round unless someone like Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin is available when the Ravens pick. Watson is a possibility, but I like Terron Armstead more- and Terron could be had in the 2nd round. 

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#4 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Completely forgot about DeAndre Hopkins. If he's available at 32, I could see the Ravens grabbing him. Pretty sure he doesn't fall past Minnesota/Indy though. 

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#5 BSLMattJergensen

BSLMattJergensen

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Round One is still murky for me. I could see them trading out of it if they can but not necessarily trading up. I am starting to like Keenan Allen more as an option.

I do think the Ravens get their Safety in Round Two with D.J. Swearinger if he's still around.

#6 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

One thing you can pretty much take to the bank is a trade will be made. Whether it's to package picks and move up or trade picks to another team for a player, something will happen. Simply because we're not going to make 12 picks because there's no way that 12 rookies make the team.

If you were to look at the biggest needs as of April 17th, I think we'd all agree that we're looking at LT, S, LB and to a lesser degree, WR. The specific order of these needs is in the eye of the beholder; I would point to LT since we've got our franchise QB locked and loaded, providing him sound protection should be job #1.

I'm with Greg in that I'd like to see Big Mac back as a stop gap and look to nab a tackle in the draft. I think a good choice could be the kid Armstead from Arkansas Pine Bluff. He's projected as a 2nd round talent and we know Ozzie isn't afraid of smaller school guys. He's got the physical makeup you like in a tackle (6'5", 34 inch arms) but he could benefit from a "redshirt" year in the NFL because he needs some time to hone his football skills to match his athleticism.

Rest assured, I'm sure that Ozzie and company will be active next weekend and it should be a lot of fun.

• BSLChrisStoner and Icterus galbula like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#7 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Pick #22. Currently the Rams pick. Rumors they are willing to move it. This is the spot I could see the Ravens moving to to draft a WR. A lot of thought that the Vikings, Pats, Texans, and Packers are interested in 1st round WRs. If the Ravens move up don;t be surprised if this is the spot and its to draft a Nuke Hopkins or other WR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=