10/6: Wake Forest
10/13: @ Virginia
10/20: NCST
10/27: @ Boston College
11/3: Georgia Tech
11/10: @ Clemson
11/17: Florida State
11/24: @ North Carolina

Fairly challenging schedule here. Temple has been improving (and obviously beat-up the Terps last yr), UConn has a solid program (and will want to beat Edsall), and WVU is a rival (who has had MD's number in recent yrs).

BC and Clemson are typically tough road games, no matter what type of teams they have. Georgia Tech and their triple option is always hard to prepare for, and UNC has recruited well in recent years.

#2 8istheman

8istheman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

Looking like less than 3-5 wins. Will RE get a third year at the helm if the Terps win 3 games in 2012?
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#3 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

9/1: William & Mary
9/8: @ Temple
9/15: UConn
9/22: @ West Virginia
10/6: Wake Forest
10/13: @ Virginia
10/20: NCST
10/27: @ Boston College
11/3: Georgia Tech
11/10: @ Clemson
11/17: Florida State
11/24: @ North Carolina

Fairly challenging schedule here. Temple has been improving (and obviously beat-up the Terps last yr), UConn has a solid program (and will want to beat Edsall), and WVU is a rival (who has had MD's number in recent yrs).

BC and Clemson are typically tough road games, no matter what type of teams they have. Georgia Tech and their triple option is always hard to prepare for, and UNC has recruited well in recent years.

3 out of the 4 non-conference games SHOULD be winnable with WVU as an obvious exception. I agree UConn will want to win that game. Temple wasn't that good last year, they just happened to beat up on a much worse program(us). All-in-all, while the ACC is better, MD's schedule isn't murderers row. I still say we shoot for a bowl game, if not higher.

Not a coincidence we didn't get any of those Thursday games, 2-10 teams don't get those. As someone who was at the Labor Day game last year, that was one of the best games I'd been to at Byrd.
@levineps

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,313 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

3 out of the 4 non-conference games SHOULD be winnable with WVU as an obvious exception. I agree UConn will want to win that game. Temple wasn't that good last year, they just happened to beat up on a much worse program(us). All-in-all, while the ACC is better, MD's schedule isn't murderers row. I still say we shoot for a bowl game, if not higher.

Not a coincidence we didn't get any of those Thursday games, 2-10 teams don't get those. As someone who was at the Labor Day game last year, that was one of the best games I'd been to at Byrd.

I agree with most of this. The Terps could win 7-8 games and go to a decent bowl. I also would not be shocked if 8istheman' was correct, and MD wound up with 5 or less wins.

Have to see the reports in the Spring, and how the depth looks. When MD comes back in the Summer, going to need to see improvement in Brown's accuracy and the passing game to believe 7 or 8 wins is really possible.

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

I agree with most of this. The Terps could win 7-8 games and go to a decent bowl. I also would not be shocked if 8istheman' was correct, and MD wound up with 5 or less wins.

Have to see the reports in the Spring, and how the depth looks. When MD comes back in the Summer, going to need to see improvement in Brown's accuracy and the passing game to believe 7 or 8 wins is really possible.

5 wins would be an improvement but is setting the bar too low. So if they go 3-1 in non-conference play, they need to go 3-5 in conference play, which I think is doable.
@levineps

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,313 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Beginning to get excited for the season. I'll look to get a couple of football interviews done in the next month or so.

#7 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Wow, I thought I commented on this but I guess not. I have about 6 or 7 wins potentially. Anywhere between 5-7. I know, 7 seems like a lot but I have a good feeling because of the change in the staff.
@Langley486

#8 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Wow, I thought I commented on this but I guess not. I have about 6 or 7 wins potentially. Anywhere between 5-7. I know, 7 seems like a lot but I have a good feeling because of the change in the staff.

Would be a huge improvement over last year, heads will turn with anything less though. Still not sure how Edsall won't make it to year 3 no matter what, with this broke athletic department.
@levineps

#9 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I don't see where Maryland has improved that much since last year, and this is not an especially easy schedule. Granted Temple played above their natural level last year and benefited from an easy schedule, but that's not a gimme. UConn is a tough game. Don't kid yourselves.

I think this is a schedule that gets Maryland 3-4 wins, maybe a 5th if they are more improved than I realize. It's better than last year, but they have a long way to go.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#10 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,512 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Not sure how they get 5-7 wins out of that schedule, especially with an offense that will likely struggle mightily with a one-dimensional QB (and that one dimension isn't throwing).....and if he gets hurt.... :cry: Add to that OL and RB units that are extremely thin after the offseason defections, and that side of the ball is almost certainly going to hold the team back, despite a defense that should be improved over last season. I'm thinking 3 wins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=