SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

http://blog.sfgate.c... ... with-team/

You know how much Ozzie loves those Alabama guys.

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/11/28/rolando-mcclain-no-longer-with-team/

You know how much Ozzie loves those Alabama guys.

I would hope we would be interested. He wants to play for a real team and we need young inside linebackers.

If he has maturity issues, they will get worked out here.
@mikeghg

#3 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

I would hope we would be interested. He wants to play for a real team and we need young inside linebackers.

If he has maturity issues, they will get worked out here.

Yep..had the same thoughts.

#4 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

He's talented. You have to think being on the Raiders just makes a lot of players lose focus and drive. It's an excuse but there is some validity to it. Ozzie and Decosta definitely know about him and have seen him play a bit. I would think they are probably interested unless he has a really bad reputation for some reason. Beyond just being wore down from playing for the Raiders.

One thing is for sure, the Ravens need to increase the overall talent at MLB. i respect McClain and Ellerbe for making themselves solid players after going undrafted but we need better pure talent. The kind of talent that makes a player a 1st round pick. This seems like a chance to do it.

#5 Roll Ravens Roll

Roll Ravens Roll
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

One of the best linebackers I've had the pleasure of watching in college. Obviously there are issues there, but it would be irresponsible for the Ravens to not inquire and pay due diligence to such a high-ceiling project; particularly with the depth chart being as thin as it is defensively.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#6 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

It does look like he has had some off field issues. That might be a red light for the FO and especially Harbaugh.

#7 Roll Ravens Roll

Roll Ravens Roll
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

To say he has "some" off the field issues, is putting it lightly..

#8 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

To say he has "some" off the field issues, is putting it lightly..

Yeah, just doing some quick google searches I've seen there has been some pretty serious incidents. I would guess that these are likely a stumbling block for Harbaugh and the FO. But like you said, I think they'll at least pay do their due diligence.

#9 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8694231

He was suspended...even if he isn't released, you have to think we could obtain him for very little in the offseason.

#10 Roll Ravens Roll

Roll Ravens Roll
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

McClain has been reinstated to the active roster in Oakland, dashing my hopes of stealing him.

#11 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,148 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

McClain has been reinstated to the active roster in Oakland, dashing my hopes of stealing him.

For now, he'll likely be available in the offseason if you wanna roll the dice on him then.

#12 Roll Ravens Roll

Roll Ravens Roll
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

For now, he'll likely be available in the offseason if you wanna roll the dice on him then.

I don't think there is a question about it in my mind. As thin as we are defensively, if we can get a young player with considerable upside I think our age will force our hand. McClain would be smart. It's hard to imagine young players NOT benefiting from Lewis' tutelage.

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

McLain was my hope a few years ago in the draft, but I knew he would not be there. If he is available this off season, I think we should try to get him. We need young backers. He is talented but goofy. Maybe we can fix him.
@mikeghg

#14 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

He was officially released today. Do Ravens go after him?

@RapSheet: On Rolando McClain: He was never comfortable heading all the way to Oakland, being from Bama. Told old staff that. They drafted him anyway.

#15 Roll Ravens Roll

Roll Ravens Roll
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Comfortable or uncomfortable, his behavior since he left college has been unacceptable. Frankly, his on field performance has been less than satisfactory. The things I've heard Raider fans say about him are nearly all negative. Nonetheless I remain intrigued by him as an affordable FA. We're in no position to be picky with available inside linebackers. If he's cheap and willing, why not.

#16 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

He would certainly fit the mold. Alabama. MLB. Doesn't count in the compensation pick game.

#17 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Wouldn't hurt to take a chance on him.  Change of scenery would do him well, plus the Ravens need a MLB.  He does have character issues, but I think the team as a whole can set him straight.

@mrbeanage

#18 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but according to Madsion Weekly News, McClain will be joing the Ravens.
http://madisonweekly...ltimore-ravens/

Rolando McClain, who was released from his contract by the Oakland Raiders, will sign a one-deal with the Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens.

“It’s a move that can’t go wrong and I’m looking forward to playing in Baltimore as the Ravens run the same or very similar defense as I was a part of at the University of Alabama,” said McClain in an exclusive interview with the Madison Weekly News.

McClain, who recently moved his wife and two children to Madison, has been in talk with the Ravens the past two weeks. He’s scheduled to travel to Baltimore to sign the contract and get acquainted with the Ravens program.

“Ray Lewis retired after winning the Super Bowl and I look to fill his slot,” said McClain. “No one can fill his shoes, but I can fill his slot. I just want to fill out the shoes of Rolando McClain. This is a perfect fit for me personally.”
McClain will join his former Alabama teammate Terrence Cody on the Ravens’ defense. In addition, former Alabama defensive standout Courtney Upshaw is also on the team roster.

“The off season program in Baltimore begins next week,” said McClain. “I’ve been working out on my own. Playing football is like riding a bike. You never forget.”
@MKlein76

#19 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,661 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Looks like McClain is going to be a Raven.

Right player right price.

http://russellstreet...g-to-baltimore/

@mikeghg

#20 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Just tweeted by @AdamSchefter as well.