BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Baltimore Sun: http://www.baltimore...0,4821188.story

Baltimore Sun reporting that Terps QB C.J. Brown has received an extra year of eligibility after spending 2012 rehabbing from an ACL tear. The Terps have a starting quarterback locked up for the next 2 years.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#2 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Really big news IMO.  If he can stay healthy, and if the O-line improves, MD will go into the B1G having one of the most prolific offenses in the league.  And if THAT happens, then the recruiting momentum should really begin to pick up.

The potential is there.  Will be a very interesting 2-3 years in College Park.

• BSLChrisStoner and BSLZackKiesel like this

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

I don't know how much faith I have in CJ or any of the QBs, but it's good that he got the extra year.  If we get solid QB play and can figure out something with the line, we've definitely got tons of talent at the skill positions to be a very dangerous offense.

I selfishly hope that Diggs' size keeps him at Maryland for four years, but it's nice knowing that we've got two more seasons of watching him at the very least.  Dude is electric.

#4 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't know how much faith I have in CJ or any of the QBs, but it's good that he got the extra year.  If we get solid QB play and can figure out something with the line, we've definitely got tons of talent at the skill positions to be a very dangerous offense.

I selfishly hope that Diggs' size keeps him at Maryland for four years, but it's nice knowing that we've got two more seasons of watching him at the very least.  Dude is electric.

C.J. isn't the best QB, but he's serviceable. Plus he can run the read-option as well as anyone, which is a big part of Locksley's offense. I'd look for the Terps to run a lot more spread looks this season with the speed at QB and WR and even at RB (Brandon Ross and Albert Reid are fast). Plus it allows Andrew Isaacs to spend his freshman year learning the offense at TE and not being forced to play every down. In addition, a spread offense can take pressure off of the offensive line since it focuses on quick, short passes and runs to the outside.

@BSLZackKiesel

#5 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Brown's already been named the starter too, despite not being able to fully participate this spring. I guess Ricardo Young could not seize the opportunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=