All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Here is a thread for us minor league fanatics to discuss

Norfolk vs Durham POSTPONED

Aaron Baker just obliterated a HR for Bowie.

Mike Wright getting ZERO help from his Defense tonight. Xavier Avery and Garabez Rosa with two ugly errors.

#2 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

This is almost as exciting as ML opening day. I love checking the box scores in the morning.

#3 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Brenden Webb with a moonshot apparently.

Typical night from Devin Jones 7/6 GB/FO 6 IP 1 ER 1 BB 3 K. He will not make you jump out of your seat, but just gets the job done. Really wish I could have seen him tonight, but some other teams opening day was in the way :-P

I would love to see a full healthy season from Trent Mummey...He has so much talent, maybe this is the year.

• BSLChrisStoner and BobPhelan like this

#4 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

I watched a little of the Tides game tonight (along with Kevin and Lance)

Chris Archer was the pitcher for the Bulls, and he had his way with them. Besides Russ Canzler and L.J. Hoes, everyone else was dumbfounded. Archer was wild as hell too, almost looking like an Arrieta clone. Jonathan Schoop was decent tonight at 2B, turned a nice DP.

Zach Clark was alright, statline was much worse than he actually looked.

• BobPhelan likes this

#5 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Mychal Givens first relief appearance of the year:  1.0 IP, 0 H, 1 BB 2 K.

Not bad, will see if I can find out how he looked. I was hoping to go down there tomorrow and hopefully see him. Oh well. Still might go down.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#6 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Just to let everyone know in advance:

I will be at Bowie for their entire opening week.
After them, I'll be catching Frederick and Delmarva.

Norfolk is not very high on my priorities right now. Plus, you can watch them on MiLB.tv

• BobPhelan likes this

#7 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Just to let everyone know in advance:

I will be at Bowie for their entire opening week.
After them, I'll be catching Frederick and Delmarva.

Norfolk is not very high on my priorities right now. Plus, you can watch them on MiLB.tv

Any word on pitching matchups yet? I was debating getting out to see Gausman, but wanted to see how the rotation was going to line up with the weather, and if there was someone on the opposing team I could get a peek at. (Can't wait to see Harrisburg in town).

@JeremyMStrain

#8 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Any word on pitching matchups yet? I was debating getting out to see Gausman, but wanted to see how the rotation was going to line up with the weather, and if there was someone on the opposing team I could get a peek at. (Can't wait to see Harrisburg in town).

Gausman is scheduled to go Thursday vs Akron, so I will definitely be there then.

Looks like the opening series rotation will be Kevin Gausman, Eddie Gamboa, Julio Rodriguez and either Dylan Bundy (if healthy yet) or Mike Wright.

• JeremyStrain likes this

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Can't wait to hear what you see Tuck.

#10 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

So Glynn Davis hit 2 HR today...

I was super close to attending the game today, but woke up with a terrible headache...Look what I missed!

I know Davis has a quick bat, very fluid swing...Power is not his trademark though.

#11 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

I will be in Frederick tonight, Zach Davies is on the mound.

Depending on what time I roll out of work, I might try and catch BP. Doubtful that happens though

#12 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

One thing I have noticed, from talking around to scouts and from my own eyes...

A lot of Orioles pitchers have essentially scrapped their true curveball and are going with a power curve or slider variant.

Kevin Gausman, Josh Hader, Miguel Chalas, and a few others have done this. Not sure if it is an Orioles thing, or if other teams are going down this path as well. Figured it was worth noting though.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#13 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Steel Russell added to Delmarva. Roderick Bernadina to DL with Left Hamstring Strain

Steel Russell is the 4th catcher to be added to the Shorebirds roster already this year (Wynston Sawyer, Pedro Perez, Chase Weems)

I don't know much of Steel besides that he is a little stiff behind the plate, and his father is the O's bench coach.

Bernadina can't catch a break this year. I hope it doesn't turn into a lost year due to injuries.

#14 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

One thing I have noticed, from talking around to scouts and from my own eyes...

A lot of Orioles pitchers have essentially scrapped their true curveball and are going with a power curve or slider variant.

Kevin Gausman, Josh Hader, Miguel Chalas, and a few others have done this. Not sure if it is an Orioles thing, or if other teams are going down this path as well. Figured it was worth noting though.

I was looking at that too the other day. Looking at what Zach and Hammel were throwing the other night had me thinking more about it.

Hope you're feeling better this weekend.

@JeremyMStrain

#15 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I was looking at that too the other day. Looking at what Zach and Hammel were throwing the other night had me thinking more about it.

Hope you're feeling better this weekend.

Yea it's definitely a trend. It will be really noticeable once we start seeing the guys from last years GSL team at Delmarva and Aberdeen.

Also, I feel much better. Hopefully going to Delmarva on Saturday, depending on whom the SP is.

#16 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

I still don't think I like them fitting guys in a box...but im reserving judgement for now.

Sounds fun, I'll be on my own adventures, making a trip to NY/NJ.

@JeremyMStrain

#17 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lex Rutledge pitched 1.2 innings with 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K in his first appearance of the season for Delmarva. He's a guy to keep an eye on. Big power Lefty with some great stuff. Still a long ways to go in terms of secondary refinement and command. But he could be a force in the back of a bullpen if things work out.

#18 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

O's signed C Ronny Paulino and RHP Austin Urban according to @MattEddyBA . I had heard Paulino was in Extended Spring Training, and had seen pictures of him. But didn't really even realize he wasn't signed until recently.

Austin Urban was drafted by the O's in 2010, so they obviously like him. He is an injury guy. Might see what I can find on him.

#19 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

New Hampshire comes to Bowie for a series the end of July, hoping Stroman is going to lineup to pitch in those 3 days, if he does, who wants to come with me?

@JeremyMStrain

#20 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

New Hampshire comes to Bowie for a series the end of July, hoping Stroman is going to lineup to pitch in those 3 days, if he does, who wants to come with me?

duh of course I want to go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=