• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,681 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Should the University of Maryland win today at Georgia Tech, the Terrapins will not only claim just their second road victory; they will improve to .500 overall in Atlantic Coast Conference play at 7-7, and secure their 17th win overall.

The Yellow Jackets are in the cellar of the ACC at 9-18 overall, and 2-11 in league play.
Georgia Tech has lost 4 in a row, and 10 of their last 11. After a 1 point OT loss at VaTech last Saturday, Georgia Tech manged just 37 points at home in a 19 point loss against Clemson Tuesday.

GaTech has wins over NCST, Georgia, BC, VCU, and Siena
GaTech enters the game:

310th overall in PPG: 61
117th overall in Rebounds: 35.5
316th overall in Assists: 10.7
191st overall in FG%: .431

The Terps are:

168th in PPG: 68.5
75th Rebounds: 36.5
318th overall in Assists: 10.6
205th overall in FG%: .429

Georgia Tech's leading scorer, Glen Rice Jr. (13ppg) is suspended. His backup, Jason Morris, is dealing with a mid-foot sprain. Their backup Center Nate Hicks has mono.

Beyond Rice Jr., and Hicks, the Yellow Jackets have 8 other players averaging over 10.1 minutes per game. Not including Rice Jr. and Hicks, Georgia Tech has 6 players averaging over 4.6ppg.

6'2 Jr. Guard Mfon Udofia is averaging 9.8 ppg, but has poor shooting averages (38% from the floor, 31% from 3, and 66% from the line.) After 15 points against VaTech, he was held scoreless for the 3rd time in 5 games vs. Clemson.

6'8 Soph. Forward Kammeon Holsey averages 9.2 ppg, and 4.5 boards. He recently had 17 points, and 8 boards vs. NCST, and 18 points, and 5 boards vs. VaTech.

6'11 Soph. Center Daniel Miller averages 8 ppg, and 6.6 boards. In the four games prior to the Clemson loss, Miller averaged 10.5 ppg, 8 boards, and 2.75 blocks.

6'3 Soph. Guard Brandon Reed averaged 15.1 ppg as a Freshman for Arkansas State prior to transferring to Georgia Tech.

The Yellow Jackets are shooting 66% from the line, and 31% from 3 point land.

Maryland beat Georgia Tech 61-50 January 15th in College Park.

HC Brian Gregory is in his first year at Georgia Tech, after leading Dayton the previous 8 years.

#2 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Well, that's not an encouraging way to start off the 2nd half.

Stoglin needs to pick it up (currently shooting 2-9, but at least he's 7-8 from the line). Mosley leads the way with 14 points, and Pankey is looking horrible, currently at an 0-7 clip.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Mosley shot well in the first half.

That's literally the only positive thing from this game. Awful, awful loss. Embarrassing and unacceptable.

#4 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,681 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

BSL: Maryland loses at Georgia Tech; The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
http://baltimorespor...ife.com/?p=3924

#5 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Just a pathetic loss. Awful, awful game.

#6 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,277 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

Terps first bad loss of the season. Pathetic effort in the second half yet again from this team. Stoglin was totally unreliable. They should be ashamed of themselves after this one. Losing to the worst team in the ACC is inexcusable for this team, no matter how young they are. They were good enough to play close with UNC and Duke, and they beat UND, but they can't beat Georgia Tech? Pathetic.
@BSLZackKiesel

#7 vatech1994

vatech1994

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

I was at the game. It was a poorly executed game by both teams. I don't think anyone should call out the Terps effort with one notable exception. Pankey played terribly all game. He did his little pout thing and basically was awful in defensive rotation. I'm really getting tired of his stuff.

Stoglin had a rough game, but he was working his butt off out there so I can't really get on him too much. They just weren't falling today.

It was also a poorly officiated game. The refs weren't biased, but I can tell you that they allowed Udofia to manhandle Stoglin whenever he drove by him which was a lot of the time. There were a LOT of fouls that could have been called, but weren't.

Md missed more than 10 shots inside of 5 feet in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half. It was amazing. There was a lot of hacking and grabbing, but you've still got to make more than we made. Tough game all around.

#8 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,365 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Pankey played terribly all game. He did his little pout thing and basically was awful in defensive rotation. I'm really getting tired of his stuff.

I think Pankey lets offensive struggles effect him defensively. When he's making his shots on offense, his defense is usually good. But when he is missing close in shots and short jumpers, like in Saturday's game where he couldn't put even the closest of putbacks into the basket, he gets frustrated. And that frustration seems to carry over defensively.

Obviously he needs to fix that, but I think he can still be a decent defensive player. Hopefully by next year though he's the 4th best option in terms of big men, behind Len, Cleare, and Padgett.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=